What the election showed

The President's ability to win the Senate will mean that he will be able to really work on getting his appointments to the court confirmed.

This is a huge point of positivity, one of the things that a lot of folks love about Trump.

Also, he won't have to worry about the dam infrastructure, the Dems don't want it so they can be blamed.

Big win for Republicans especially if Thomas and Ginsberg check out
Republicans are setting up for the day they no longer can win in Congress and the White House. They are stacking courts with young conservatives at all levels that will invalidate Democratic legislation over trivial issues for decades

1. Democrats did a great organizational job to take a severely Gerrymandered House
2. Trump did a great job in organizing his base to increase the number os Senate seats
3. Republicans did what is necessary to win close contests
4. Republicans held their stronghold in the South but Dems showed that formerly solid Red states like Georgia, Texas and Arizona are up for grabs
5. For 2020, Florida and Ohio still showed they are leaning red but Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin drifted back to blue

I think it looks good for the Democrats in Congress going forward; especially when the GOP has so many Senate seats to defend in 2020.

As for the Oval office. If you haven’t been turned off by the blob yet…I don’t see it happening. Maybe 20,000 lies will have a greater effect than the 10,000 or so he’s told since he was sworn in…but I doubt it.

1. Democrats did a great organizational job to take a severely Gerrymandered House
2. Trump did a great job in organizing his base to increase the number os Senate seats
4. Republicans held their stronghold in the South but Dems showed that formerly solid Red states like Georgia, Texas and Arizona are up for grabs
5. For 2020, Florida and Ohio still showed they are leaning red but Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin drifted back to blue
Nope.
The country is deeply divided.
Republicans had twice as many seats to defend and lost just enough for Democrats to get back the house narrowly.

It also showed that the man who called it a great victory when for the next 2 years his name is mud , is a GD lunatic

Imagine if the dems won BOTH the House and Senate what Trump's presidency would be like. Trump's big win in the Senate means that the voters will see the stark difference between the two parties for 2020. Trump has only one year to navigate the House attacks, then its all dem primaries and the 2020 election polls...I personally don't think the coming year will be much different than the last two, with the dems and MSM constantly going negative, and the voters tuning them out.
No difference if the Dems won the House and Senate
Trump would veto all legislation

But he would be forced to veto them, now they just die in the senate.

Dems lost the propaganda angle by not taking the Senate.
The subpoena's will fly
A subpoena that commands a person to bring certain evidence, usually documents or papers, is called a Subpoena Duces Tecum, from the Latin "under penalty to bring with you." This type of subpoena is often used in a civil lawsuit where one party resists giving the other party documents through the discovery process.

And while that will play to their base, it will alienate the middle of country voters, most of whom voted for relatively moderate dems.

and they can subpoena all the people they want to, the question is will they actually find anything.

Muller had subpoena power, and an actual path via the Justice Department to an indictment, something the Dems in Congress won't have.

What the election showed was. Over half of Americans are a bunch of dumb m/fs

I think it looks good for the Democrats in Congress going forward; especially when the GOP has so many Senate seats to defend in 2020.

As for the Oval office. If you haven’t been turned off by the blob yet…I don’t see it happening. Maybe 20,000 lies will have a greater effect than the 10,000 or so he’s told since he was sworn in…but I doubt it.
BUT the moron called losing the house a great victory I still can't believe the dotards believe a word he says

BUT the moron called losing the house a great victory I still can't believe the dotards believe a word he says

What choice do they have?

You mean if anyone dares go against him he'll tweet something nasty about them ? Like lying Ted?

The President's ability to win the Senate will mean that he will be able to really work on getting his appointments to the court confirmed.

This is a huge point of positivity, one of the things that a lot of folks love about Trump.

Also, he won't have to worry about the dam infrastructure, the Dems don't want it so they can be blamed.

Republicans are setting up for the day they no longer can win in Congress and the White House. They are stacking courts with young conservatives at all levels that will invalidate Democratic legislation over trivial issues for decades

Haven't progressives been saying the whole "You will never win another election again) for about 2 decades now?

And the only legislation most of them will "invalidate" will be progressive attempts at national level morality plays, and of course, gutting the 1st and 2nd amendment.

A key for Democrats in the 2018 election is they developed campaign infrastructure and registered hundreds of thousands of voters in areas that leaned red. That showed up in their House victory

It will carry over in 2020

Actually, in some states like Pennsylvania, the Democrats have severely gerrymandered the congressional delegation with the help of a Runaway State Supreme Court. "Gerrymandering" has been around since the time of Vice President Gerry and is played by both political parties.

Pennsylvania is a good example of things to come
The illegal Republican Gerrymandered districts were readjusted to “fair” apportioning with court oversight
Democrats picked up seats in fairly drawn districts

What is interesting is the competitiveness in formerly solid red states like Georgia, Texas and Arizona
Trump will be forced to defend those states and Democrats have improved their infrastructure and registrations in those states
It looks like it will be a runoff here in Georgia.

That shouldn't be in a deep red state like this.

Abrams still got a shot...even though the Republicans are cheating their asses off.

It was a great night for women in both parties last night
An unprecedented number of women won major offices

A key for Democrats in the 2018 election is they developed campaign infrastructure and registered hundreds of thousands of voters in areas that leaned red. That showed up in their House victory

We'll see of course. The new Dem controlled House of Reps will do what they can to push the unemployment rate up and promote government dependency. The Trump 3.7% unemployment rate is one policy that cannot stand.

Maybe people don't want greatness for America, but I think a lot of people are really satisfied with Trump's controversial policies.

If Republicans don't cheat, they can't exist.

You mean if anyone dares go against him he'll tweet something nasty about them ? Like lying Ted?

I thought the “dotards” were his supporters. Other government officials…sure; they’ve been whipped into submission. It’s the battered spouse syndrome.

What is interesting is the competitiveness in formerly solid red states like Georgia, Texas and Arizona
Trump will be forced to defend those states and Democrats have improved their infrastructure and registrations in those states
It looks like it will be a runoff here in Georgia.

That shouldn't be in a deep red state like this.

Abrams still got a shot...even though the Republicans are cheating their asses off.

I fear to see what strings Kemp will pull in a runoff
Any ballot with a petty error will be tossed

We'll see of course. The new Dem controlled House of Reps will do what they can to push the unemployment rate up and promote government dependency. The Trump 3.7% unemployment rate is one policy that cannot stand.

Maybe people don't want greatness for America, but I think a lot of people are really satisfied with Trump's controversial policies.
Save me from your whiny partisan bullshit

Forum List

Back