What is the wildest thing you ever did?

We used to get out on the interstate loop around San Antonio and climb from the cab to the bed of pickup trucks, and jump from truckbed to truckbed going full speed.

You jumpers have more guts than me. I don't even like roller coasters.

When I lived in Beaufort I used to collect the jumper articles and stick them on the fridge every summer. The high rise from Morhead to Atlantic beach was right along a strip of bars. The articles would always start out something like "A man was walking back to his hotel after drinking at a local night club......." One of my favorite articles quoted the police on a boat below as saying "If you jump and live, you will be arrested". The guy broke his back.

I'll jump before I'll go screwing around in Swansboro Inlet. :eek:

Yeah it's a bitch. But we all knew that inlet well. It wasn't navigation error, the damn motor died right in that critical 100 yard stretch where that is the last thing that can happen. The amazing thing was how fast a boat sinks. The first swell swamped us and after the second one the whole thing was just gone. The other amazing thing is how fast you get sucked out. We weren't 200 yards from the beach on the Emerald Isle side and by the time we got our heads together we were too far to even think of swimming for it. A cooler lid probably saved my life.

Wildest thing... hmmm... there's been a few... I once took off in my '64 Olds Jetstar 88 rag top with six other people from Madison, Wisconsin with ten bucks in my pocket. By the time I hit Tuscon, Arizona I was alone. I sold my plasma for food money and then sold drugs at the 4th street park for more money. One night while walking under the 4th street bridge a guy tried to sell this Indian and I who I'd met some scotch tape he'd stuck together and cut up as a hit of Widow Pane acid, so I stuck a knife to his throat and we robed him. After that we lit out back for Wisconsin. On the way we stopped at this wayside in the middle of nowhere. There was this weird little guy in a station wagon there with two other obvious road trash hitch hikers. But we pooled our money and ran a few miles into the next town for hotdogs, chips, some wine and beer and such and then back, and had a picnic of sorts. It got dark and the little dude said he had to take a piss and walked off into the dark. A minute later one of the two hitch hiker bums he'd picked up said he had to go too and disappeared. Then the other hitch hiker had to go. So this Indian and I are left sitting there alone wondering what was going on. No one had come back yet from just taking a leak. I got curious, but my "this isn't right" radar was going off. So I told the Indian to get in the car and start it, because I might be coming back in a real hurry. I circled around away from the direction the others had headed and snuck up behind them unseen. It was kind of a rocky hill and I had plenty of cover to hide behind. I found a scene I'd rather not describe.... in fact.... I won't. What happened next probably shouldn't be divulged. There could be lingering legal issues here that are over 35 years old. Wildest thing... hell that's only the tip of the iceberg. I'd rather forget most all of it.

Last edited:
Wildest thing... hmmm... there's been a few... I once took off in my Olds Jetstar 88 rag top with six other people from Madison, Wisconsin with ten bucks in my pocket. By the time I hit Tuscon, Arizona I was alone. I sold my plasma for food money and then sold drugs at the 4th street park for more money. One night while walking under the 4th street bridge a guy tried to sell this Indian and I who I'd met some scotch tape he'd stuck together and cut up as a hit of Widow Pane acid, so I stuck a knife to his throat and we robed him. After that we lit out back for Wisconsin. On the way we stopped at this wayside in the middle of nowhere. There was this weird little guy in a station wagon there with two other obvious road trash hitch hikers. But we pooled our money and ran a few miles into the next town for hotdogs, chips, some wine and beer and such and then back, and had a picnic of sorts. It got dark and the little dude said he had to take a piss and walked off into the dark. A minute later one of the two hitch hiker bums he'd picked up said he had to go too and disappeared. Then the other hitch hiker had to go. So this Indian and I are left sitting there alone wondering what was going on. No one had come back yet from just taking a leak. I got curious, but my "this isn't right" radar was going off. So I told the Indian to get in the car and start it, because I might be coming back in a real hurry. I circled around away from the direction the others had headed and snuck up behind them unseen. It was kind of a rocky hill and I had plenty of cover to hide behind. I found a scene I'd rather not describe.... in fact.... I won't. What happened next probably shouldn't be divulged. There could be lingering legal issues here that are over 35 years old. Wildest thing... hell that's only the tip of the iceberg. I'd rather forget most all of it.

Oh dammitt......that was getting pretty good. That's outlaw ballad material there.

Wildest thing... hmmm... there's been a few... I once took off in my Olds Jetstar 88 rag top with six other people from Madison, Wisconsin with ten bucks in my pocket. By the time I hit Tuscon, Arizona I was alone. I sold my plasma for food money and then sold drugs at the 4th street park for more money. One night while walking under the 4th street bridge a guy tried to sell this Indian and I who I'd met some scotch tape he'd stuck together and cut up as a hit of Widow Pane acid, so I stuck a knife to his throat and we robed him. After that we lit out back for Wisconsin. On the way we stopped at this wayside in the middle of nowhere. There was this weird little guy in a station wagon there with two other obvious road trash hitch hikers. But we pooled our money and ran a few miles into the next town for hotdogs, chips, some wine and beer and such and then back, and had a picnic of sorts. It got dark and the little dude said he had to take a piss and walked off into the dark. A minute later one of the two hitch hiker bums he'd picked up said he had to go too and disappeared. Then the other hitch hiker had to go. So this Indian and I are left sitting there alone wondering what was going on. No one had come back yet from just taking a leak. I got curious, but my "this isn't right" radar was going off. So I told the Indian to get in the car and start it, because I might be coming back in a real hurry. I circled around away from the direction the others had headed and snuck up behind them unseen. It was kind of a rocky hill and I had plenty of cover to hide behind. I found a scene I'd rather not describe.... in fact.... I won't. What happened next probably shouldn't be divulged. There could be lingering legal issues here that are over 35 years old. Wildest thing... hell that's only the tip of the iceberg. I'd rather forget most all of it.

Oh dammitt......that was getting pretty good. That's outlaw ballad material there.

Never thought of it that way... :neutral:

Between the time I was 18 to 24, I did some pretty wild stuff, much of I'm not proud of at all, and it would probably make most people shake their heads in disbelief. Maybe that's why I strive to be a decent person today. I scared myself straight.

Last edited:

Between the time I was 18 to 24, I did some pretty wild stuff, much of I'm not proud of at all, and would probably make most people shake their heads in disbelief. Maybe that's why I strive to be a decent person today. I scared myself straight.

Dude, I can edit that story down to kick ass song. I just need the ending.

Or I can make it up to protect the guilty. :eusa_shhh:

Between the time I was 18 to 24, I did some pretty wild stuff, much of I'm not proud of at all, and would probably make most people shake their heads in disbelief. Maybe that's why I strive to be a decent person today. I scared myself straight.

Dude, I can edit that story down to kick ass song. I just need the ending.

Or I can make it up to protect the guilty. :eusa_shhh:
Feel free pard. Make up away. I'm not going to say how the story ends because I don't want to incriminate myself... but let's just say, "the ending is pretty gruesome."

Left an abusive man(almost died) with two kids in diapers, no money, no home, no job....I got a job, pulled myself up from the bootstraps. As soon as I was on my feet, my charming prince arrived.

I jumped out of an airplane, I tripped on top of a mountain in the middle of a thunderstorm, and I climbed up this ramp to the top of this coliseum...

2490474845_e259a3c439.jpg

Some people actually rode their motorcycles up this ramp until they put a fence at the top to stop them.

Left an abusive man(almost died) with two kids in diapers, no money, no home, no job....I got a job, pulled myself up from the bootstraps. As soon as I was on my feet, my charming prince arrived.

Sorry, I am throwing you off this thread. That's not wild, it's heroic. Bootstrap stories are much better than couch potato stories. I don't believe in coincidences: He arrived because he saw who you were...:eusa_angel:

Sorry, I am throwing you off this thread. That's not wild, it's heroic. Bootstrap stories are much better than couch potato stories. I don't believe in coincidences: He arrived because he saw who you were...:eusa_angel:

I agree. I've seen woman let themselves be doormats for abusive morons and why do they stay and take the abuse? "Because I love him!" It takes a lot to get away from that especially under those circumstances.

Forum List

Back