What is the wildest thing you ever did?

Left an abusive man(almost died) with two kids in diapers, no money, no home, no job....I got a job, pulled myself up from the bootstraps. As soon as I was on my feet, my charming prince arrived.
Let Pale and I know where the old guy lives. We'll take him out for a little ride.

I knew Clint would make things right.

Left an abusive man(almost died) with two kids in diapers, no money, no home, no job....I got a job, pulled myself up from the bootstraps. As soon as I was on my feet, my charming prince arrived.
Let Pale and I know where the old guy lives. We'll take him out for a little ride.

I knew Clint would make things right.
That's why he's so good as Dirty Harry and in the Spaghetti Westerns. He always extracted justice. Then there's this little ditty... [youtube]NAS1PAh1jbw[/youtube]

Here's a wild thing I once did:

I once posted on an internet message board that I'd done a really wild thing, but refused to tell everyone what it was because shhhh, it's a secret.

Here's a wild thing I once did:

I once posted on an internet message board that I'd done a really wild thing, but refused to tell everyone what it was because shhhh, it's a secret.

... and then you went and danced in the sky...
MSN-Emoticon-frozen-122.gif

And don't say join USMB. :tongue:
If by "wildest" I can substitute "stupidest" or most foolish, then this fits:

In the winter of 1975 I was building a house with a very steeply pitched roof; so steep that "toe boards" or two-by-four boards were nailed flat in horizontal strips, spaced at five feet intervals up the roof to stand and to climb on. The whole roof was equally steep, except one section in back which was on the north side of the house. That section of roof was over a shed dormer, and came all the way up to the ridge board from the bottom edge of the roof. It had a very low slope that could be walked on without a problem, so that it didn’t need any toe boards, and the whole roof, including it, had been covered with black roof paper just before we put on the toe boards as we worked our way to the top ridge. I remember that I felt like a youthful mountain climber when I did that kind of work; full of pride for my skill. But as they say, “Pride comes before a fall.”

It was just before Christmas, and the first day after my roofer had begun putting on shingles. He started in the back where the flatter shed dormer roof was. He said he'd start there to get as much done after the sun had melted away the morning frost from earlier that same day.
That should’ve been my fair warning….if I had been thinking straight the next morning.

I arrived at the house early the next day, as usual, with the sun still at a very low angle. With my usual enthusiasm I climbed up on the front roof to see what the roofer had gotten done. The black paper was toasty warm in the sunlight even though the temperature was well below freezing. I pulled my self up on each toe board until I reached the ridge board. I then stepped over the top ridge onto the roof of the flat dormer. I had in mind that it would be very easy to walk on; why not...it had been the one place a person could safely walk on the evening before?

But instead of what I’d expected it was covered with an icy layer of frost and I began a slow slide down the long slope, ultimately I feared, to a twenty foot drop to the ground below. Thankfully I didn't panic and went into a knee crouch. By a stroke of luck my main-man had leaned a ladder up against that flat roof section the day before, mainly because it was convenient because the ladder was just tall enough to reach about a foot or two over the bottom edge, but at an angle too steep for safe climbing. I remembered telling him, “hey that ladder’s too steep to be safe to use…ok?” (he knew that) But thankfully now there was the ladder down-slope and a little to my right, and it was the only hope I had.

It was a strange comic strip scene that I visualized in those few seconds.
I looked out to where my ladder with me at the top (If I was lucky enough to grab onto it) would soon be going. There was a small tree out there, not a direct hit, and maybe it would break my fall, which I knew would be almost as fast as it would be if I was falling straight down.

As I slid ever closer to that long drop I slowed just enough to grab onto what small amount of ladder was above the bottom of the roof.....and I finally came to a stop right there, teetering on the very edge. Somehow the heat circulating around inside the house had thinned the frost down just enough at the bottom of the roof. I yelled at my main-man who was still in front of the house to get around back to help me. While I sat on my haunches he was able to grab a longer ladder and put it directly in front of me so that I could finally climb safely down.

I take back everything I said in this thread...Please ignore it for future reference...LOL

I can't get too X-rated, otherwise Gunny will close the thread...

I did at one point and this is true...had seriously considered taking on a job as a sex phone operator. I discussed it with my mom and she supported me. But, it never came to fruition.

Oh . . . . well, never mind then.

Haha! Hasn't anyone done anything exciting that doesn't involve sex. How about bungee jumping or running into a burning building to save a litter of kittens or going through the fields foraging for food like a wildman?

I once went repeatedly into a tack room next (10 feet) to a burning building full of ammunition and reloading equipment (wild ass bullets whizzing around, small explosions) and a 100 ft burning ponderosa (they explode out the top like cannons) to save fucking saddles.

No shit. I lost my nice Elgin wrist watch, too.

Forum List

Back