CDZ What Is the Downside to Christianity?

Reading the responses it is obvious there is no valid downside to Christianity. People go off on tangents about non-Biblical things people have done, non-Biblical practices, etc, but bottom line is there is nothing negative about a person being a Christian. People who hate God will thus hate Christians. They don't attack any other religion simply because it is the one true faith.

weather-----what does criticism of Christianity have to do with
"non-biblical" things. or even "biblical things"? I have read the bible----both OT and NT. I do not see much about Christianity over the past approximately 1700 years that has
much to do with EITHER. As to "hating Christians"-----who, when and where? "hate "god" ???
What you obviously fail to see is that all of the criticism is not against Christianity as you believe, but actually it is criticism of people who are not following Christianity.

OHHH thanks so much. I did not offer any specific
criticism of "Christianity"-----but whatever YOU imagine
such specific criticisms WOULD BE-----are a result of MY
"failure to see". Try to be a little specific. A simple task-----detail three of my criticisms of Christianity. Later on we
can get into your idiotic sunday school interpretations of Judaism. Lets deal with the "CHRIST KILLER LIBEL" that you and yours have used to justify the lynching of millions. That one IS an INTERESTING part of that which you call your "bible" (specifically the parts Constantine----fuhrer of the FIRST REICH----- threw in)

Reading the responses it is obvious there is no valid downside to Christianity. People go off on tangents about non-Biblical things people have done, non-Biblical practices, etc, but bottom line is there is nothing negative about a person being a Christian. People who hate God will thus hate Christians. They don't attack any other religion simply because it is the one true faith.

Actually what's obvious is that you can't articulate what your point here is. I asked you twice, others did too, and all you have in response is sophomoric put-downs and then declaring yourself a winner.

Lame.

Actually what's obvious is that you can't articulate what your point here is. I asked you twice, others did too, and all you have in response is sophomoric put-downs and then declaring yourself a winner.

Lame.

Yep- in his typical fashion he both makes a vague statement and then equates anyone who disagrees with him as people who hate his God and that hate Christians.

Lame.
Yet here you are again, attempting to derail the thread you can’t rebutt and this drives you crazy.

Lame.

Yep- in his typical fashion he both makes a vague statement and then equates anyone who disagrees with him as people who hate his God and that hate Christians.

And he just did it again.

Apparently he's using the CDZ as nothing more than a self-indulgent wank.

/thread

Lame.
Yet here you are again, attempting to derail the thread you can’t rebutt and this drives you crazy.

Weather----you have failed to address a plethora of
very simple requests for clarification of your very nebulous
assertion "THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE TO CHRISTIANITY" ------your assertion is one of FAITH-----not reason. An equally justifiable assertion could be "THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE TO BUDDHISM" << in fact, probably more justifiable

Yeah, I can’t see any downside either.

That's because this entire thread is a straw man.

You seem to be arguing that because you can't see a "downside" to Christianity, then all criticism of it is invalid. That's an asinine argument to make.

I have no problem with Christianity - I just don't want it shoved down my throat. You are welcome to believe whatever you want - but so am I, and I choose not to believe in your sky-fairy. That doesn't mean that I hate you, or any other Christians. It just means that no matter whether you see a "downside" or not, I don't believe.

Faith is not a rational act. There is no rational argument for it - that's kind of the point of faith.

I will ask, as many others have - what the fuck is your point with this thread?

Are you trying to convince non-believers to become Christians? Are you just whining that not everyone shares your beliefs?

Lame.

Can't rebutt the incoherant.

Why are you so afraid to try to explain your OP?

You seem to be arguing that because you can't see a "downside" to Christianity, then all criticism of it is invalid. That's an asinine argument to make.

I have no problem with Christianity - I just don't want it shoved down my throat. You are welcome to believe whatever you want - but so am I, and I choose not to believe in your sky-fairy. That doesn't mean that I hate you, or any other Christians. It just means that no matter whether you see a "downside" or not, I don't believe.

Faith is not a rational act. There is no rational argument for it - that's kind of the point of faith.

Are you trying to convince non-believers to become Christians? Are you just whining that not everyone shares your beliefs?

Exactly- thank you- what the fuck is the point of this thread?

5 pages and days later yet here you lefties are all frustrated and impotent that you can’t state anything negative about Christianity.

Obviously you know the point.

5 pages and days later yet here you lefties are all frustrated and impotent that you can’t state anything negative about Christianity.
5 pages and days later and yet here you are- still dancing away from answering the question of what your incoherant OP
What the fuck is the point of this thread?

The CDZ is for actual discussion - not for you to attack anyone who questions you.

Do you have a point with this thread, or not?

What is the point of the OP?

If you wont' bother to answer the question- then this thread doesn't belong in the CDZ

No, I really don't.

Why won't you explain it? Are you trying to have a serious discussion?

It doesn't appear so.

No, I really don't.

It doesn't appear so.
Explain what you don’t understand.

The CDZ is for actual discussion - not for you to attack anyone who questions you.

And it’s not for people to try to derail a thread either. If you can’t articulate your question then move on.

And it’s not for people to try to derail a thread either. If you can’t articulate your question then move on.

I think I articulated it very well: What is the point of this thread?

Asking you to explain your thread is not "derailing" it. In fact, it's the opposite.

No, I really don't.

It doesn't appear so.

I don't understand what point you are attempting to make.

No, I really don't.

It doesn't appear so.

I don't understand what point you are attempting to make.
What Is the Downside to Christianity?

Forum List

Back