CDZ What Is the Downside to Christianity?

weather-----what does criticism of Christianity have to do with
"non-biblical" things. or even "biblical things"? I have read the bible----both OT and NT. I do not see much about Christianity over the past approximately 1700 years that has
much to do with EITHER. As to "hating Christians"-----who, when and where? "hate "god" ???
What you obviously fail to see is that all of the criticism is not against Christianity as you believe, but actually it is criticism of people who are not following Christianity.

OHHH thanks so much. I did not offer any specific
criticism of "Christianity"-----but whatever YOU imagine
such specific criticisms WOULD BE-----are a result of MY
"failure to see". Try to be a little specific. A simple task-----detail three of my criticisms of Christianity. Later on we
can get into your idiotic sunday school interpretations of Judaism. Lets deal with the "CHRIST KILLER LIBEL" that you and yours have used to justify the lynching of millions. That one IS an INTERESTING part of that which you call your "bible" (specifically the parts Constantine----fuhrer of the FIRST REICH----- threw in)
Since you claim to have read the bible(I have no reason to believe you have not), maybe you can explain where, in the bible, the actions you have cited are condoned. I see that as a relatively simple task. I would even accept three citations.

I have no "dog in this fight", but I cannot help but notice you seem to have a vehement "dislike" (maybe distaste would be a better term), for Christianity that borders on hatred. Instead of addressing the OP, or asking for clarification, you immediately go on the offensive, failing to articulate how your citations are, in any way, connected to Christianity. Maybe they are, I am not well enough educated on the matter to determine that. You claim to be. So, make the connection or retract your statements.

Note: Any attack on me without first making the connections/retractions, will be seen, by me, as an admission of your inability to make such connections and your lack of the humility necessary to admit you were incorrect, and will result in appropriate action on my part.

are you (old soul) addressing me? If so, can you be more specific as the "actions" I have cited being "condoned" in the NT? I have not cited specific "actions" as being "condoned" in the NT. What I HAVE cited is the "Christ killer libel" which is detailed in the NT. Do you wish to dispute that fact? I will state for clarification-----every lynching, pogrom and genocide has at its base a LIBEL
Do you wish to dispute that assertion?
As I stated in the beginning Christianity has been misused.

by whom? If you wish to assert that Christianity has been misrepresented and misused by the writers of the NT----I might agree. OR---if you wish to assert that Jesus has been
misrepresented by the writers of the NT-----I would DEFINITELY agree with that one (based on what I believe Jesus to have been)

Asking you to clarify your point - which you are refusing to do - is not "derailing" your thread.

There's no need to get so emotional.
6 word sentence. I don’t teach remedial 3rd grade English. Either answer the OP or I report you for trying to derail the thread.

:lol:

Do you really think threatening me is going to work? Report away, I haven't broken any rules. You seem to be having quite an emotional breakdown.

Are you capable of explaining your point, or not? If not, I guess there's nothing we can do about it, and I'll leave you to play with your straw-men by yourself.

If you are trying to have a serious discussion (which is the point of the CDZ), there should be no reason why you can't tell us what you're trying to discuss.
6 word question and you blather on and on about it’s meaning.

Your frustration at that 6 word question is obvious. Not because you can’t understand it, but because you can.

No, I really can't - and the fact that you can't explain it to me implies that either you don't know what you're asking, either - or you're just trying to bait and troll.

Either you clarify your point, and give us an actual, contextual question you'd like to discuss - or I'll assume that you started this thread simply to troll, and I'll close this thread.

How does that work for you?
Oh, now you need to threaten me. A number of people in this thread have attempted to answer that 6 word question. I asked you to articulate what your confusion is on that question and all you do is toss out questions.

State why this question confuses you or I go over your head.

What Is the Downside to Christianity?

I already did. The question lacks any context, and without context it lacks any meaning.

Without context, it appears to be nothing more than you using a straw-man to bait and troll.

Now, will you give us context for your question, or not? Tell us what you're trying to discuss, and we'll discuss it.

You are welcome to "go over my head", but I wouldn't hold out much hope if I were you.

What you obviously fail to see is that all of the criticism is not against Christianity as you believe, but actually it is criticism of people who are not following Christianity.

"failure to see". Try to be a little specific. A simple task-----detail three of my criticisms of Christianity. Later on we
can get into your idiotic sunday school interpretations of Judaism. Lets deal with the "CHRIST KILLER LIBEL" that you and yours have used to justify the lynching of millions. That one IS an INTERESTING part of that which you call your "bible" (specifically the parts Constantine----fuhrer of the FIRST REICH----- threw in)
Since you claim to have read the bible(I have no reason to believe you have not), maybe you can explain where, in the bible, the actions you have cited are condoned. I see that as a relatively simple task. I would even accept three citations.

I have no "dog in this fight", but I cannot help but notice you seem to have a vehement "dislike" (maybe distaste would be a better term), for Christianity that borders on hatred. Instead of addressing the OP, or asking for clarification, you immediately go on the offensive, failing to articulate how your citations are, in any way, connected to Christianity. Maybe they are, I am not well enough educated on the matter to determine that. You claim to be. So, make the connection or retract your statements.

Note: Any attack on me without first making the connections/retractions, will be seen, by me, as an admission of your inability to make such connections and your lack of the humility necessary to admit you were incorrect, and will result in appropriate action on my part.

are you (old soul) addressing me? If so, can you be more specific as the "actions" I have cited being "condoned" in the NT? I have not cited specific "actions" as being "condoned" in the NT. What I HAVE cited is the "Christ killer libel" which is detailed in the NT. Do you wish to dispute that fact? I will state for clarification-----every lynching, pogrom and genocide has at its base a LIBEL

by whom? If you wish to assert that Christianity has been misrepresented and misused by the writers of the NT----I might agree. OR---if you wish to assert that Jesus has been
misrepresented by the writers of the NT-----I would DEFINITELY agree with that one (based on what I believe Jesus to have been)
What in the NT is wrong that you think is a negative to Christianity?

6 word sentence. I don’t teach remedial 3rd grade English. Either answer the OP or I report you for trying to derail the thread.

Do you really think threatening me is going to work? Report away, I haven't broken any rules. You seem to be having quite an emotional breakdown.

Are you capable of explaining your point, or not? If not, I guess there's nothing we can do about it, and I'll leave you to play with your straw-men by yourself.

If you are trying to have a serious discussion (which is the point of the CDZ), there should be no reason why you can't tell us what you're trying to discuss.

Your frustration at that 6 word question is obvious. Not because you can’t understand it, but because you can.

No, I really can't - and the fact that you can't explain it to me implies that either you don't know what you're asking, either - or you're just trying to bait and troll.

Either you clarify your point, and give us an actual, contextual question you'd like to discuss - or I'll assume that you started this thread simply to troll, and I'll close this thread.

Oh, now you need to threaten me. A number of people in this thread have attempted to answer that 6 word question. I asked you to articulate what your confusion is on that question and all you do is toss out questions.

I already did. The question lacks any context, and without context it lacks any meaning.

Without context, it appears to be nothing more than you using a straw-man to bait and troll.

Now, will you give us context for your question, or not? Tell us what you're trying to discuss, and we'll discuss it.

This is the last time I will ask you. If you refuse to answer it, I will close this thread.

You are welcome to "go over my head", but I wouldn't hold out much hope if I were you.
Yet more threats. How come others are discussing in this thread?

And I already answered you. There are many who list negatives of the faith.

This is the last time I will ask you. If you refuse to answer it, I will close this thread.

Who are these "many"? Be specific, and show me examples. What "negatives" do "they" list?

Was this thread only directed to "them"?

Who are these "many"? Be specific, and show me examples. What "negatives" do "they" list?

Why do I need to write an essay to prove the self evident? Are you really claiming no one says churches are not money making profit centers to get rich? You really claiming no one says their nonprofit status should be revoked? You really claiming no one says Christians are brainwashed?

Stop wasting my time with your silly games.

Why do I need to write an essay to prove the self evident? Are you really claiming no one says churches are not money making profit centers to get rich? You really claiming no one says their nonprofit status should be revoked? You really claiming no one says Christians are brainwashed?

If it's "self-evident", then it shouldn't be hard for you to show me exactly what you're talking about.

Is this thread only directed at people who say churches are money-making profit centers to get rich?

Who are those people?

What in the NT is wrong that you think is a negative to Christianity?[/QUOTE

try to fix that query up so that it makes sense. I will try to
answer AS IF it makes sense. And I will make it simple.
The "Christ killer" libel is a giant historical FRAUD, IN DETAIL. It was created as a justification for destroying jews which was a very strong ROMAN ambition. Goebbels could not have done a better job----in fact,
Goebbels and his wife (saint magda d' cyanide) based
their beliefs and writings on it.
Another giant fraud is the "Pauline doctrine" artificially
supported by "JESUS SAID......." It's not your fault---
it's a ROMAN THING. (the romans got the idea from
alexander who was absolutely sure that the whole world
would be a better place if it became MORE GREEK)

If it's "self-evident", then it shouldn't be hard for you to show me exactly what you're talking about.

Is this thread only directed at people who say churches are money-making profit centers to get rich?

Who are those people?

I can translate that into 42 languages if you like.

no ONE?? that some people put Christianity down is just as true as the fact that some people put Hinduism down. You seem to see rejection of Christianity as some sort of COSMIC
CONSPIRACY OF EVIL

The "Christ killer" libel is a giant historical FRAUD, IN DETAIL. It was created as a justification for destroying jews which was a very strong ROMAN ambition. Goebbels could not have done a better job----in fact,
That’s the point of the OP. Only distortions of the faith are negative.

weather----for an answer to your question----find an educated muslim------tell him YOU ARE A JEW-------and ask the same
question-------

so you are admitting that the NT is a "DISTORTION"? I am amazed. The last time I heard that one was during the weekly KHUTBAH JUMAAT FECES FLING

I have asked the question for years without a reasonable answer from non Christians.
Sure Christianity has been misused for power and control in history. But those events are lies unsupported by Scripture.

Non Christians believe the New Testament is a fabrication. But in order for there to be such an elaborate fabrication that ended up changing the course of human history there must be a motive for that fabrication.

Is the motive of Christianity to take your money? No.

Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7

Is the motive of Christianity to control your life? No.
One of the thieves crucified became a believer as he hung on the cross. He did not have to go to church or do anything except believe.

Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Luke 23:42-43

Is the motive of Christianity to get you to do something? No.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

I propose the lack of evidence of any alterer motive except that of simply believing combined with the detailing of significant personal flaws of each author and character of Scripture combined with the fulfillment of prophecies from the ages combined with the historical evidence validates the New Testament.

If I am missing something that brings the validity of the New Testament into question, state so.
The downside could be that it’s a false religion established by the devil, designed to separate Jews from G-d. To lure future hell dwellers down the path to eternal damnation with the temptation of a false prophet whose goal was to fool the righteous and the desperate into believing he was G-d.

We can start with some easier questions, if you prefer.

Who is this thread directed at?

Are you trying to reach out to atheists and convert them?

Are you trying to convert theists of other religions?

Are you looking for a theological discussion, to compare belief systems?

You have provided no context for your question, which is the root of my (our) confusion.

Stop trying to derail the thread. If you can’t list any then move on, Mr Moderator.

Asking you to clarify your point - which you are refusing to do - is not "derailing" your thread.

Multiple posters have asked the same question- you have refused to answer it every time.

You clearly are unable to answer what the point of your thread is.

Ah so that is the point of the OP.

Not "what is the downside to Christianity'

I have asked the question for years without a reasonable answer from non Christians.
Sure Christianity has been misused for power and control in history. But those events are lies unsupported by Scripture.

Non Christians believe the New Testament is a fabrication. But in order for there to be such an elaborate fabrication that ended up changing the course of human history there must be a motive for that fabrication.

Is the motive of Christianity to take your money? No.

Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7

Is the motive of Christianity to control your life? No.
One of the thieves crucified became a believer as he hung on the cross. He did not have to go to church or do anything except believe.

Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Luke 23:42-43

Is the motive of Christianity to get you to do something? No.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

I propose the lack of evidence of any alterer motive except that of simply believing combined with the detailing of significant personal flaws of each author and character of Scripture combined with the fulfillment of prophecies from the ages combined with the historical evidence validates the New Testament.

If I am missing something that brings the validity of the New Testament into question, state so.
The downside could be that it’s a false religion established by the devil, designed to separate Jews from G-d. To lure future hell dwellers down the path to eternal damnation with the temptation of a false prophet whose goal was to fool the righteous and the desperate into believing he was G-d.
It could be. But in order for that to be true you’d have to show the malice of the devil in creating Christianity. I eat bacon and lobster and do yard work on the Sabbath. I don’t think that’s going to separate me from God.

distortions of THE FAITH (aka DEEN) is called
KUFR. Kufr is an Arabic word based on the
semitic root-------which means "conceal" or "cover" ---
It refers to DENIAL OF THE TRUTH which in Islamic
belief is ISLAM. Belief in the concept of "trinity"
is "kufr" thus -----Christianity is kufr

Honestly, put down the pot or the booze.

Stop trying to derail the thread. If you can’t list any then move on, Mr Moderator.

Multiple posters have asked the same question- you have refused to answer it every time.

You clearly are unable to answer what the point of your thread is.
2 posters asked.

Many others can read English.

Forum List

Back