What happens after?

Then you don't believe that he condemns people to hell for believing the wrong way?

It's one or the other, not both. Either he doesn't do that, or he's a vicious tyrant. Which?

Define "hell".

I think I should probably let AF define hell. He believes in it, I don't.

You apparently believe that God does something to someone as punishment for not believing.
What is it you think He does?

Then you don't believe that he condemns people to hell for believing the wrong way?

It's one or the other, not both. Either he doesn't do that, or he's a vicious tyrant. Which?

Define "hell".

I think I should probably let AF define hell. He believes in it, I don't.
Not hard. When a nonbeliever dies they go to the grave to wait judgement. This has been described as hell. At the Great White Throne of judgement the grave, or hell, will give up the dead to be judged and then are throne into the lake of fire. Believers who die their spirit goes to Heaven and are judged at the judgement seat of Christ. Their spirit and their body are reunited at the rapture when Christ will raise the Church to heaven.

(Shrug.) So in your view, there's a delay between death and the Day of Judgment -- I suppose we're all unconscious during that time. Then after that, unbelievers are tortured forever and ever.

Amounts to the same thing, and it still makes God out to be a vicious, abominable tyrant.

(Shrug.) So in your view, there's a delay between death and the Day of Judgment -- I suppose we're all unconscious during that time. Then after that, unbelievers are tortured forever and ever.

Amounts to the same thing, and it still makes God out to be a vicious, abominable tyrant.
Isn't my view, read the Bible. if you are as intellectual and reasonable as you say you are maybe you will understand it.

Isn't my view, read the Bible

It is your view. The Bible is just where you got it from. Or one interpretation of language in the Bible, anyway. In the end, regardless of where our information comes from, we all make our own judgments and are responsible for them.

That's what I was driving at.
I figured that was what you had been led to believe.

There is only ONE 'Judgement Day". We don't each get a separate one after we die.

But I'm truly saddened to think that there are people that believe that my loving Father would "torture me forever and ever" over a few short years of bad choices.

God is just.

When you are standing in front of the Throne, you'll be given your chance to realize. If, even then, you choose to turn you back......well "buh-bye"
:cool:

There is only ONE 'Judgement Day". We don't each get a separate one after we die.

But I'm truly saddened to think that there are people that believe that my loving Father would "torture me forever and ever" over a few short years of bad choices.

God is just.

When you are standing in front of the Throne, you'll be given your chance to realize. If, even then, you choose to turn you back......well "buh-bye"

So your belief system is a little better, less horrifying, than that of many Christians. I can appreciate that. It also leaves me free (in your view) to believe what seems true to me, and if God wants to correct me on it after my life is over, well, that will suffice for evidence. In the meantime, I will continue my life in the benign embrace of the Goddess, and as aware of the timeless Cosmos as I can manage.

God is just.

So your belief system is a little better, less horrifying, than that of many Christians. I can appreciate that. It also leaves me free (in your view) to believe what seems true to me, and if God wants to correct me on it after my life is over, well, that will suffice for evidence. In the meantime, I will continue my life in the benign embrace of the Goddess, and as aware of the timeless Cosmos as I can manage.
That view isn't correct.

Denying Jesus is the Son of God is rejecting Christ. God is not viscous, he just punishes bad people.

Stalin would have said the same thing. He condemned people to death or to slave labor because they were enemies of the state. And Hitler sent Jews to the gas chamber because they were enemies of humanity.

The bottom line is that in your view 1) God calls people who believe the "wrong" way bad people; and 2) God punishes these "bad" people by torturing them hideously forever and ever without end.

That makes him not only a horrible tyrant, but infinitely worse than Stalin or Hitler or any other merely human tyrant who has ever lived. I'm sorry, but I cannot believe that a monster like that is the ground and being of the universe.

Look at it like this. You buy a new stove. You explain to your children the steps they need to take to not get burned. The kids don't care about your rules, they think you are stupid, and listening to you is a waste of their time. They turn that burner on and when it gets nice and red, they stick their hand on the burner.
Who's fault is it the dumbass got burned? You for buying a stove?

Before Christ, the bodies of God's people went to the grave and their souls went to a waiting room, called Abraham's bosom. Even in soul form they were recognizable.
After Christ broke that barrier of death, the bodies of the dead in Christ go to the grave and their souls go straight to Heaven.

To be in Heaven is to be sin free. When you arrive in Heaven, you have your coronation. You are crowned. And the only judgment you receive is the Bema judgment. At that time your works are judged, not you sin. You have no sin. The works you did while here on earth that were done for Christ's sake will determine your status when you return to earth to reign with Christ after the Revelation.
We will rule and reign with Christ for 1,000 years over everything our father created, (which is why we receive multidimensional bodies) and over the remnants of humans that survived the tribulation period.
During that time Satan will be chained, BUT, Satan will be loosed after the 1,000 year period, and an other battle will take place. Christ will again be victorious, and this time a new chain of events take place.
Those souls that have been in the Hades since the time of Abraham's bosom, and those that have died since, without accepting Christ's gift of salvation, will be judged at the White Throne judgment.
Non-messianic Jews will be judged according to the 600+ rules laid out by God, through Moses. Those that had never heard the Gospel will be judged on how they lived their lives.

There is no mention of any of those judged at the White Throne judgment being reprieved. Satan will be thrown in the lake of fire at that time and for eternity. The earth will be renewed.

Heaven/ New Jerusalem will descend to earth and Christ will live with man forever in the newly created Garden, and will rule the universe from here. His family will be with him and will rule with him.

The universe is ours. All we have to do is accept Christ as our brother and his loving gift of eternal life with Him and our Father.
Not a bad deal when you consider we did nothing to deserve it.

Look at it like this. You buy a new stove. You explain to your children the steps they need to take to not get burned. The kids don't care about your rules, they think you are stupid, and listening to you is a waste of their time. They turn that burner on and when it gets nice and red, they stick their hand on the burner.
Who's fault is it the dumbass got burned? You for buying a stove?

So now God isn't omnipotent or omniscient? Thing is, that reasoning works for us mere mortals because we don't have any control over the nature of the stove, or the laws of physics that determine burns are possible. But in Christian theology, God isn't merely warning us about consequences beyond his control -- he designed the entire system. God MADE hell. And he is responsible for all of it, including our own character and inclinations.

Actually the Zoroastrian and Manichean systems were more logical and self-consistent; they had two deities, one good, one evil, approximately equal in power. If you believe that, you can attribute Hell and damnation and all that to the evil god. But in a monotheistic belief system, a good God and hell are logically contradictory. You can't have both.

Insist on hell, and God is evil. There's simply no way around that.

Before Christ, the bodies of God's people went to the grave and their souls went to a waiting room, called Abraham's bosom. Even in soul form they were recognizable.
After Christ broke that barrier of death, the bodies of the dead in Christ go to the grave and their souls go straight to Heaven.

To be in Heaven is to be sin free. When you arrive in Heaven, you have your coronation. You are crowned. And the only judgment you receive is the Bema judgment. At that time your works are judged, not you sin. You have no sin. The works you did while here on earth that were done for Christ's sake will determine your status when you return to earth to reign with Christ after the Revelation.
We will rule and reign with Christ for 1,000 years over everything our father created, (which is why we receive multidimensional bodies) and over the remnants of humans that survived the tribulation period.
During that time Satan will be chained, BUT, Satan will be loosed after the 1,000 year period, and an other battle will take place. Christ will again be victorious, and this time a new chain of events take place.
Those souls that have been in the Hades since the time of Abraham's bosom, and those that have died since, without accepting Christ's gift of salvation, will be judged at the White Throne judgment.
Non-messianic Jews will be judged according to the 600+ rules laid out by God, through Moses. Those that had never heard the Gospel will be judged on how they lived their lives.

There is no mention of any of those judged at the White Throne judgment being reprieved. Satan will be thrown in the lake of fire at that time and for eternity. The earth will be renewed.

Heaven/ New Jerusalem will descend to earth and Christ will live with man forever in the newly created Garden, and will rule the universe from here. His family will be with him and will rule with him.

The universe is ours. All we have to do is accept Christ as our brother and his loving gift of eternal life with Him and our Father.
Not a bad deal when you consider we did nothing to deserve it.

Does AppleVacations book that trip?
My ashes are being spread at Sanford Stadium. I know that is real.

Forum List

Back