What happens after?

If you believe in a hereafter, what do you do once you get there?

Honestly, I've always figured there's something fairly important slated to happen then, given the importance put upon building character and becoming better, stronger people in this life. I don't think God wanted that JUST so we'd be better company while hanging out on a cloud, playing harps.
Quite possibly Adam gives us a hint of what awaits us in heaven.

Chronologically, Adam was not separated from God by sin until AFTER Eve was created. So before Eve was created, Adam was in a heavenly state of physical perfection, without sin, in paradise, and one with God.

So how could Adam have been so "alone" it was "not good" BEFORE he was separated from God by sin??????
God saw Adam was lacking a mate and created Eve, but how could Adam have been lacking anything while he was without sin and one with God??????

Gen 2: 18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

The bible says that in heaven we will have no mate, so heaven will be the eternal loneliness of being one with God.

Matthew 22: 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Friends will keep you sane, Love could fill your heart, A lover can warm your bed, But lonely is the soul without a mate.
- David Pratt

It's gonna be soo nice.

Just me and my 72 virgins..............Oh yea :eusa_angel:

So you don't want your wife in the here after? Why is that?
As I pointed out earlier in this thread in my post about the eternal loneliness of heaven, you will have NO MATE in heaven.

Heaven will be no heaven to me if I do not meet my wife there.
Andrew Jackson

I have it almost all worked out.

What happens "after" eventually comes around to what had happened before.

The before part is dicey.

But it seems to boil down (let me check the equations again -- hmmm -- yes) to the Big Bang.

Ironically, this turns the question on its head.

What came BEFORE?

A big voice that said, "LET THERE BE LIGHT."
KABOOM!

When you die it's something like a cross between American Idol and Rumplestiltzkin (spelling?). You end up in a long ass line leading up to the double doors of some underused gym on a local state college campus, and when you get in there, God's behind an office divider like on those dating game shows. He comes through on a voice modulator and asks you what his name is. If you answer right, eternal bliss. If you answer wrong, you burn forever. And not like hot tub style, where it's hot as sh*t at first but then you get used to it. YOU NEVER GET USED TO IT!

But don't lose heart. Keep this in mind: even though God offers you no actual evidence of his identity or even existence and then threatens you with ETERNAL BURNING! if you guess the wrong name from a list of infinite possibilities, he is the incarnation of "good" and loves you unconditionally. Just, if you mess his name up, he's gotta light your ass on fire. Forever.

Last edited:
Honestly, I've always figured there's something fairly important slated to happen then, given the importance put upon building character and becoming better, stronger people in this life. I don't think God wanted that JUST so we'd be better company while hanging out on a cloud, playing harps.

Chronologically, Adam was not separated from God by sin until AFTER Eve was created. So before Eve was created, Adam was in a heavenly state of physical perfection, without sin, in paradise, and one with God.

So how could Adam have been so "alone" it was "not good" BEFORE he was separated from God by sin??????
God saw Adam was lacking a mate and created Eve, but how could Adam have been lacking anything while he was without sin and one with God??????

Gen 2: 18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

The bible says that in heaven we will have no mate, so heaven will be the eternal loneliness of being one with God.

Matthew 22: 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Friends will keep you sane, Love could fill your heart, A lover can warm your bed, But lonely is the soul without a mate.
- David Pratt

It's gonna be soo nice.

Just me and my 72 virgins..............Oh yea :eusa_angel:

As I pointed out earlier in this thread in my post about the eternal loneliness of heaven, you will have NO MATE in heaven.

Andrew Jackson

Ed, there is no loneliness in Heaven. There are no mates in Heaven because our mates are children of God too.
We really are all brothers and sisters in Christ. Christ really is our brother. And your mate will be right there, with you for eternity. The only difference is you won't be husband and wife, because you are both a child of the same Father. You'll be in paradise together, and you will remember your bond on earth, and the love you shared will last for an eternity.

- David Pratt

Andrew Jackson

Ed, there is no loneliness in Heaven. There are no mates in Heaven because our mates are children of God too.
We really are all brothers and sisters in Christ. Christ really is our brother. And your mate will be right there, with you for eternity. The only difference is you won't be husband and wife, because you are both a child of the same Father. You'll be in paradise together, and you will remember your bond on earth, and the love you shared will last for an eternity.

But if you and she. . . um. . . do anything. . . it's messed up cuz you're related now.

- David Pratt
But as I pointed out, Adam who represents all mankind is the ONLY human to know what it feels like to be without sin and one with God, and no less an authority than God him/herself said that Adam was so "alone" that it was "not good." That was the very reason God created a mate for him.

The biggest mistake made about the afterlife is to suppose that I will still be I.

That's particularly true if one speaks of connection with or union with God. Anyone who has undergone that experience while alive knows that in the midst of it, one does not remain oneself. The forgetfulness of identity -- and the remembering of the true Identity -- is bliss. We carry these identities in life in order to function in life, but they are not who we really are.

So thoughts of having one's spouse, or whatever -- simply don't apply. As oneself, there is no life after death.

- David Pratt
But as I pointed out, Adam who represents all mankind is the ONLY human to know what it feels like to be without sin and one with God, and no less an authority than God him/herself said that Adam was so "alone" that it was "not good." That was the very reason God created a mate for him.

And he was the only man with no belly button. Eve was the only woman with no belly button.

So there you go.

Conclusion: you can't be one with God if you have a navel.

The biggest mistake made about the afterlife is to suppose that I will still be I.

That's particularly true if one speaks of connection with or union with God. Anyone who has undergone that experience while alive knows that in the midst of it, one does not remain oneself. The forgetfulness of identity -- and the remembering of the true Identity -- is bliss. We carry these identities in life in order to function in life, but they are not who we really are.
So thoughts of having one's spouse, or whatever -- simply don't apply. As oneself, there is no life after death.

Dragon, I have to disagree. You will definitely be you for eternity.
Stand in front of a mirror, and look at your image. Now, close your eyes and imagine your being. Everything you are, everything that makes you, you, everything you know, you take with you when you move on.
The rich man in Hades was separated from Abraham's bosom, by a ravine. Not only did that man recognize Abraham in spirit form, he recognized Abraham's servant. The rich man wanted a drop of water on his tongue. He still had a voice. He was thirsty. And he had concern for his brothers that were still alive.
When Christ emptied Abraham's bosom and brought the whole group back to earth with him for forty days, some went home to their address, to see their families. They didn't forget. They were in their glorified clay bodies that were in the graves that the stones rolled away from at the time Christ died. They, like Christ, still have those bodies today, in Heaven, waiting for their return to earth.

Why would God want his children to have amnesia?

Last edited:
Dragon, I have to disagree. You will definitely be you for eternity.

You're saying this from authoritarian doctrine and Scripture. I'm saying it from actual, firsthand knowledge. I know. You don't. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

The second time I did LSD I met God. The first time I dropped, he was in a meeting. I sat in the waiting room outside his office and BS'ed with the receptionist for 8 or 10 hours, but his meeting went late and I had to come back down. 2nd time, tho, he wasn't busy. Took his lunch break when I showed up and we had some of those turkey pesto sandwiches they make at Starbucks. God loves Starbucks. He told me he can't get enough of those mocha frappucinos.

And he was the only man with no belly button. Eve was the only woman with no belly button.

So there you go.

Why am I not surprised that the very significant fact that Adam, the archetype of mankind (navel or not), was lonely when he was not separated from God by sin goes completely over your head?

So there you go.

Why am I not surprised that the very significant fact that Adam, the archetype of mankind (navel or not), was lonely when he was not separated from God by sin goes completely over your head?

So, do you think that God created Eve as an afterthought? If God wanted children, and created Adam with a sperm injection unit, do you not think he already had a plan for a receptacle? ;)

So there you go.

So, do you think that God created Eve as an afterthought? If God wanted children, and created Adam with a sperm injection unit, do you not think he already had a plan for a receptacle? ;)
What does a "sperm injection unit" have to do with the fact that Adam was alone while sinlessly one with God?

I must have struck a nerve because of the desperate attempts at diversion over navels and sperm injection units!

What does a "sperm injection unit" have to do with the fact that Adam was alone while sinlessly one with God?

I must have struck a nerve because of the desperate attempts at diversion over navels and sperm injection units!

Adam wasn't alone. God was with him. No where does it say that Adam got lonely. Nor did Adam tell God he was lonely. Lonely for what?? Adam didn't know what lonely was, or what "companionship" was. He didn't know what a wife was.

GOD SAID HE didn't want Adam to be alone. HE wanted Adam to have a helpmate. It wasn't Adam's idea.
Eve wasn't an afterthought brought about by some emotional distress Adam was having.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back