What happened to the Firearms Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
me too.....copy and paste is easy.......wait till you try images lol .....took me a while on copy and paste.....like anything else its easy when you figure it out or someone shows ya....grab a kid....simple as that....i will admit once i hit....blah blah blah.....i just got to asking 12 yr olds how to do it....most embarrassing was the two midgets at the redbox...i swear they were all of 7 ish....they finally just ask me if they could help me....got bored waiting in line..they were all polite and barely tall enough to reach the return slot....but had it going on....

me too.....copy and paste is easy.......wait till you try images lol .....took me a while on copy and paste.....like anything else its easy when you figure it out or someone shows ya....grab a kid....simple as that....i will admit once i hit....blah blah blah.....i just got to asking 12 yr olds how to do it....most embarrassing was the two midgets at the redbox...i swear they were all of 7 ish....they finally just ask me if they could help me....got bored waiting in line..they were all polite and barely tall enough to reach the return slot....but had it going on....

My sister is a librarian in an elementary school and I swear they have more personal computers than books in her library. I just don't like computers and prefer to do it the old fashioned way.

o please....do you still get your milk in glass jars.....nooo you dont.....do you still have to worry about polio.....no you dont.....move on...stop fighting it....and the kids will help....you may get a bit of elderly abuse....just whack them hard....then bitch about how it hurts your hand....dont be a relic before your time....

o please....do you still get your milk in glass jars.....nooo you dont.....do you still have to worry about polio.....no you dont.....move on...stop fighting it....and the kids will help....you may get a bit of elderly abuse....just whack them hard....then bitch about how it hurts your hand....dont be a relic before your time....

In other words you want to force me into the computer revolution even if I don't want to join. Wrench turner jobs will always be around.

ahh honey the computer revolution was decades ago.....i got on here when 311 was the basic ...and gateway was the top computer brand.....mechanic i take it.....not a good day to meet me if you are.....i am having a clutch job....on my 2003 subbie...which i cannot afford to replace at this time...i need another 100 k....it has 200 k.....i love subbies...only thing i have driven since 1986...yes it makes me a horrible hypocrite in my otherwise buy american
as do the supplies i buy for bow making......shipping is hell but the prices are cents on the dollar

ahh honey the computer revolution was decades ago.....i got on here when 311 was the basic ...and gateway was the top computer brand.....mechanic i take it.....not a good day to meet me if you are.....i am having a clutch job....on my 2003 subbie...which i cannot afford to replace at this time...i need another 100 k....it has 200 k.....i love subbies...only thing i have driven since 1986...yes it makes me a horrible hypocrite in my otherwise buy american
as do the supplies i buy for bow making......shipping is hell but the prices are cents on the dollar

The first main frame I worked on was a Univac 1219-B general purpose digital computer designed in 1968. The B means military and real time. Clock count 2 megacycles. Core memory 16K and was sixteen bit but expanded to 32 bit in the adder. Load COBOL program with Mylar tape.

Last edited:
ahh and the joys of key punch cards....i dont even consider that the beginning of anything but a long struggle with statistics...and it won...ever battle ever war

The first main frame I worked on was a Univac 1219-B general purpose digital computer designed in 1968. The B means military and real time. Clock count 2 megacycles. Core memory 16K and was sixteen bit but expanded to 32 bit in the adder. Load program with Mylar tape.

Mine was a Univac as well, don't know the model. Punch cards for program , feed cards into punch card reader, wait days for output, get output and debug program, fix bugs, repunch, refeed, rewait for program, rinse and repeat .....
God have we come a long way in 40 years or wait?

ahh and the joys of key punch cards....i dont even consider that the beginning of anything but a long struggle with statistics...and it won...ever battle ever war

The joys of core memory melt down.

You can believe this or not but when in military technical school for the Univac, I altered the main frame so that every time it started it printed out FUCK YOU on the teletype that the instructors could not debug. I hard wired bootstrap memory to make the computer do what I wanted.

Last edited:
Why have we still not gotten an answer to this question?

I understand that thus is a private site and can do whatever it wants but hey, how hard is it to state a reason for a popular forum to just disappear?

That is what I am wondering too. I get that I have no control over the forums. But I can't see why I can't get an answer to a simple question.

Is there a reason???

So where are we supposed to post Firearms threads now? Has that been answered yet?

No answers fromn anyone with any authority. The closest thing to an answer to where we post firearm thread is a very kind invitation to put them in the Flame Zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back