What GW Bush didn't do as President...

mission-accomplished-obama.jpg
What a way to ruin the reputation of a perfectly good naval vessel, let obamaturd on it. This is a perfectly good example of a lefty lie.

Bush wasn't President when Clinton dropped the ball.

GORELICK MEMO/WALL!!!!

Clinton didn't have 3000 Americans killed on his watch
AM I glad YOU brought that up!!!!!

"C.I.A. officials of deliberately withholding crucial documents and photographs of Qaeda operatives from the F.B.I."
Known as the Gorelick Memo...
"As Deputy Attorney General under Bill Clinton from 1994 to 1997 Jamie Gorelick wrote the memo that created the now infamous “Gorelick Wall.” A 1995 memo she wrote,
stated explicitly that they would “go beyond what is legally required, [to] prevent any risk of creating an unwarranted appearance that FISA is being used to avoid procedural safeguards which would apply in a criminal investigation.”
These rules were, shortly after their creation, expanded to regulate such communications in future counter-terrorism investigations.
It set a procedure where various intelligence operations could not share information with each other.
Jamie Gorelick’s wall barred anti-terror investigators from accessing the computer of Zacarias Moussaoui, the 20th hijacker, already in custody on an immigration violation shortly before 9/11.
At the time, an enraged FBI investigator wrote a prophetic memo to headquarters about the wall
‘Whatever has happened to this — someday someone will die — and wall or not — the public will not understand why we were not more effective in throwing every resource we had at certain problems…..especially since the biggest threat to us UBL [Usama bin Laden], is getting the most protection.
» Jamie Gorelick Who ‘Helped to Bring us 9/11 AND Housing Collapse’ Is On Short List to Lead FBI - Big Government

Here is what Richard A. Clark, former counter-terrorism advisor for both the Clinton and Bush Administrations, testified to in prepared remarks before the Sept. 11 Commission on March 24, 2004:
“In retrospect, we know that there was information available to some in the FBI and CIA that al Qida [sic] operatives had entered the United States. That information was not shared with the senior FBI counter-terrorism official (Dale Watson) or with me, despite the heightened state of concern in the Counter-terrorism Security Group.”
Could 9/11 Have Been Prevented? The Gorelick Memo and What We Knew

NOW WHY did the Gorelick Memo and subsequent WALL come into being???

It should be noted that when Gorelick penned the aforementioned memo, President Clinton was extremely worried about ongoing FBI and CIA investigations into illegal Chinese contributions that had been made to his presidential campaign. Both the FBI and the CIA were churning up evidence damaging to the Democratic Party, its fundraisers, the Chinese, and ultimately the Clinton administration itself.
The Wall of Separation between Law-Enforcement and Intelligence - Discover the Networks
Of course clinton was worried about commie support, he should be, truth hurts. clinton + obamturd = commie.

It's amazing anyone tries to defend this bullshit.

George W. Bush was such a bad president..it was criminal.

And President Obama is seen as 4 more years of the same.

I agree GWB was a loser. The only question in my mind is will President Obama be seen as better or worse.

Either way...he is still a loser.

Yeah..like Bush he had to be installed by the Supreme Court..

Oh wait.

He won the popular vote by over 10 million.

Sounds like he is a winner!

Oh Wait....

What has that got to do with anything ?

Answer: nothing.

If President Obama had been installed by the SCOTUS, he'd still be the same loser of a milquetoast he is today.

We are talking about someone's record while you are talking out your ass.

Typical MO for healthmyths is to present a whole lot of data supporting an argument that is flawed in its premise. The invitation is for people to concentrate on the data presented, when the proper response is to point out the flaw in the premise making all of the data irrelevant.

That's the case here once more. It is completely inappropriate to compare the Bush and Obama administrations. Bush was president during the last eight years of an Unraveling era, while Obama is our first Crisis-era president (except the last few MONTHS of Bush's second term, and that don't count). Radically different circumstances = impossibility of doing a valid one-to-one comparison.

On the other hand, Clinton was also an Unraveling-era president, as was the elder Bush, and Ronald Reagan in his second (but not first) term. So it's reasonable to compare any of them to what Bush did. But I will leave that to others.

Oh, how you like to sound sooooo smart.

Let's see.....

Bush was the president during an unraveling era....even though during most of his admin things were going pretty good.

President Obama is in the W.H. during.....a continuation of the unraveling era.

It would be great if he were managing the crisis. I'd give him all the credit in the world. The only problem is that he isn't and so we don't.

You make this stuff up because you have no counter argument against something that is perfectly legitimate to discuss. This is what we call a smoke screen or Red Herring.

Nice try.

What GW Bush didn't do as President...
#1 - Bush didn't keep his campaign promise of no nation building:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc]The George Bush You Forgot - YouTube[/ame]

He was very clear, and there is no conflict between what he said in this brief video (Which Everyone Should Watch) and his actions later. We never went into Iraq and Afghanistan and said 'here do it our way, this is the way to do it' We gave them options to and anabled them to self govern, and that is the extent of it.

Last edited:
they complain about blaming Bush but they keep trying to rewrite history of Bush.

So I take it you don't believe there was $5 trillion in losses due to Dot.com bust?

You also don't think 9/11 occurred?

Or NONE of the worst hurricanes in history occurred?

Those events NEVER happened then?

NONE of which were the fault of Clinton except the Gorelick Memo which prevented CIA from sharing with FBI Chinese donations to Clinton in exchange for missile technology.. which would not allow CIA to share with FBI about 9/11 hijackers...

And NO ONE blames ANYONE for the worst hurricanes in history..
BUT what do you think happened to the Trillions of dollars of businesses, assets, stock, inventory, lost revenue that those events caused?

ARe you totally UNAWARE that the IRS allows tax payers to subtract those $ 8 trillion in losses over 30 years and this was about $200 billion a year that started in 2002 and continues??
AND you don't think that had any affect?

You got that so damn backwards.

The REPUBLICANS STOPPED Clinton from hardening the airports..and Killing Bin Laden. They would not authorize special forces to get him.

And the laughed when he hit Bin Laden's compound with missiles..saying he was trying to wag the dog.

Everything else in the post is nonsense. The "Dot Com Bust" was largely over..and the money that was lost was rich people's.

Let me guess, you got this from Democrat Bull Shit.org or Mikey "fat boy" Moore..... right? I bet Billy Bob wanted to harden up in airports, that's all he was good at, receiving blow jobs from young girls. Was Bin Laden's compound located in an aspirin factory in Sudan? How many cruise missile were used?

Oh, how you like to sound sooooo smart.

It takes little effort on my part. I just plain am smart.

Bush was the president during an unraveling era....even though during most of his admin things were going pretty good.

One thing that's a key to sounding, or for that matter being, smart is to understand what words mean before you use them. An Unraveling era often is a good time. It's the time when our institutions approach the point where they have to be fixed, but before they actually break down.

President Obama is in the W.H. during.....a continuation of the unraveling era.

Nope, the Unraveling ended in 2008 during the campaign, when the economy crashed. We've been in a Crisis era ever since.

Here, this might help in understanding my terminology: History & Turnings

Strauss & Howe said:
The Third Turning is an Unraveling —a downcast era of strengthening individualism and weakening institutions, when the old civic order decays and the new values regime implants.

More details about an Unraveling era: Turnings

The Fourth Turning is a Crisis —a decisive era of secular upheaval, when the values regime propels the replacement of the old civic order with a new one.

More details about a Crisis era: Turnings (I don't necessarily agree with everything these guys say here, by the way. A Crisis was the only one of the four Turning types that the authors had never seen before, since the last one ended before they were born.)

Listening said:
It would be great if he were managing the crisis. I'd give him all the credit in the world. The only problem is that he isn't and so we don't.

Pretty much true, although not to the degree you seem to think. This early in the Crisis, a properly decisive approach isn't to be expected. The nation is still powerfully divided.

You make this stuff up because you have no counter argument against something that is perfectly legitimate to discuss. This is what we call a smoke screen or Red Herring.

First of all, as the links show, I DIDN'T make it up. Secondly, the comparison between Bush and Obama is simply and completely unwarranted, for the same reason a comparison between Coolidge and Hoover is unwarranted, or between Buchanan and Lincoln. We are in a situation now that's radically different from where we were when Bush was president. Even if you don't buy the generation cycle theory, that's bloody obvious -- the economy tanked at the end of Bush's term and plunged us into a second Depression, something Bush never really had to deal with. The only way to properly compare the two would be to try to guess what Bush would have done in Obama's shoes, and that's empty speculation, but given what he DID do while in office it's not unreasonable to speculate that he would have done a lot worse.

Or we can try to do it the other way. What would Obama have done if he had been president in 2001-2009? Would he have failed to prevent 9/11? Screwed the pooch so badly when Katrina struck? Combined two unnecessary wars, a prescription-drug benefit, and a completely irresponsible tax cut to give us the worst peacetime non-recession federal deficits in history? I presume to doubt it.

Obama is trying to run the country during a much, much more difficult time than Bush was. A straightforward comparison between conditions now and when Bush was in office will convince nobody except a fool.

In spite of inheriting:
1) The Stock Market Crash of 2000-2002 caused the loss of
$5 trillion in the market value of companies from March 2000 to October 2002. Dot-com bubble - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2) In spite of Experiencing
the WORST attack in USA history, far worse the Pearl Harbor,
that killed 3,000 people and destroyed $1 trillion real hard assets, destroyed businesses JOB losses of 1.7 million 2002 -2003, and then required creation of a BRAND NEW Federal Agency Homeland Security
3)In spite of Experiencing
the Worst hurricane SEASONS.. (7 of the 10 worst hurricanes)

1. Katrina(LA/MS/AL/SE FL) 2005 3 $81,000,000,000
3. Wilma (FL) 2005 3 $20,600,000,000
4. Ike (TX/LA/MS) 2008 2 $18,000,000,000
5. Charley (FL) 2004 4 $14,000,000,000
6. Ivan (FL/AL) 2004 3 $13,000,000,000
7. Rita (LA/TX) 2005 3 $10,000,000,000
9. Frances (FL) 2004 2 $8,860,000,000
12. Jeanne (FL) 2004 3 $6,500,000,000

Bush did NOT
1) Blame it on the economy.
2) Blame it America as Obama said:
"...this is a great, great country that had gotten a little soft and we didn’t have that same competitive edge that we needed over the last couple of decades.” or "But we’ve been a little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades"
3) Blame it on Americans as Obama did 'They cling to guns or religion'.
4) Apologize to the world for Americans giving
a) Total deaths fighting for other countries' freedoms from :
WWI to Iraq over 625,884 deaths
b) Cost the USA over $6.724 trillion in 2011 dollars (WWII $4.1 trillion)!
President BUSH NEVER apologized for an American ACTIONS like these:
10 most significant apologies by the President of the United States in his first four months of office as they relate to foreign policy and national security issues.

Barack Obama's Top 10 Apologies: How the President Has Humiliated a Superpower
Apologies to
1. France and Europe ("America Has Shown Arrogance")
2. Muslim World ("We Have Not Been Perfect")
3. Summit of the Americas ("At Times We Sought to Dictate Our Terms")
4. G-20 Summit ("Some Restoration of America's Standing in the World")
5. War on Terror ("We Went off Course")
6. Guantanamo in France ("Sacrificing Your Values")
7. Turkish Parliament ("Our Own Darker Periods in Our History")
8. U.S. Policy toward the Americas ("The United States Has Not Pursued
and Sustained Engagement with Our Neighbors")
9. Mistakes of the CIA ("Potentially We've Made Some Mistakes")
10.Guantanamo in Washington ("A Rallying Cry for Our Enemies")

NEVER based ON the TRILLIONS GIVEN by Americans, the lives given by Americans and the Trillions spent in providing FREEDOM to billions of people should any President EVER HAVE TO apologize and again... AT LEAST BUSH DIDN"T!!!!

Thats because all democrats know is blame - everything that doesn't work in their favor is always someone elses fault..

The CRA is a perfect example of that.... Democrats back in 1993 said republicans were racists if they didn't sign the new CRA amendments - republicans signed them but made it clear that those amendments were a big mistake - then 10 years later Bush warning everyone the house of cards was about to fall because of the CRA then assholes like Barny Frank assured everyone everything was fine - then sure enough the house of cards collapsed and who the fuck did these dumb fucking progressives blame??? thats right - Bush and republicans..

It's truly amazing....

Democrats have only managed to double the national debt in a period of 3 fucking years 90% of which was spent and authorized under a progressive super majority... Who do the laymen democrats blame?? republicans..

Then these little progressive snots want to spend more - the House says "no way" then they play victim and blame republicans..

Their childish behavior is the reason why I opened my eyes to politics back when I was 19-20.... Well that and I was concerned about the forced lending and those who took advantage of it thanks to Bill "slick willy" Clinton...

In speaking of Billy boy - he belongs in prison for using the banks to stimulate his economy via his forced lending just so he looked good in the eye of the people...

they complain about blaming Bush but they keep trying to rewrite history of Bush.

So I take it you don't believe there was $5 trillion in losses due to Dot.com bust?

You also don't think 9/11 occurred?

Or NONE of the worst hurricanes in history occurred?

Those events NEVER happened then?

NONE of which were the fault of Clinton except the Gorelick Memo which prevented CIA from sharing with FBI Chinese donations to Clinton in exchange for missile technology.. which would not allow CIA to share with FBI about 9/11 hijackers...

And NO ONE blames ANYONE for the worst hurricanes in history..
BUT what do you think happened to the Trillions of dollars of businesses, assets, stock, inventory, lost revenue that those events caused?

ARe you totally UNAWARE that the IRS allows tax payers to subtract those $ 8 trillion in losses over 30 years and this was about $200 billion a year that started in 2002 and continues??
AND you don't think that had any affect?

You got that so damn backwards.

The REPUBLICANS STOPPED Clinton from hardening the airports..and Killing Bin Laden. They would not authorize special forces to get him.

And the laughed when he hit Bin Laden's compound with missiles..saying he was trying to wag the dog.
THAT's because "this dog" was a phony effort to obscure the blue dress!
The Clinton administration will not challenge a lawsuit filed by a Saudi businessman who said the bombing last year of his pharmaceutical plant in Sudan was a "mistake" based on faulty intelligence data.
http://www.mega.nu/ampp/khartoumbomb.html

Everything else in the post is nonsense. The "Dot Com Bust" was largely over..and the money that was lost was rich people's.
"The "Dot Com Bust" was largely over"
TELL it to these people...
The Stock Market Crash of 2000-2002 caused the loss of $5 trillion in the market value of companies from March 2000 to October 2002.[13] The 9/11 terrorist destruction of the World Trade Center's Twin Towers, killing almost 700 employees of Cantor-Fitzgerald, accelerated the stock market drop; the NYSE suspended trading for four sessions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble
You are one dumb fuck!!
"the money that was lost was rich people's"
YEA these rich people would have had to pay another $200 billion a year in taxes BECAUSE of the LOSSES they were able to WRITE OFF!
Geez the ignorance of some people about money!
You just think it "disappeared"???
IDIOT that's what the IRS call it Net Operating Losses can be written against taxable income for 30 years!
$8 trillion will be written off as LOSSES against tax liabliities for the next 30 years i.e. $200 billion a year!

Geez.. stupidity about how money,taxes finance work is really rampant!

Last edited:
Is there NO ONE to challenge the statements that:
1) Due to $8 Trillion in Dot.com/9/11/hurricanes losses,
$200 billion a year in Federal taxes was not paid starting in 2002 because of NOL!

2) In spite of the above GW Bush NEVER:
1) Blamed it on the economy.
2) Blamed America as Obama said:
"...this is a great, great country that had gotten a little soft and we didn’t have that same competitive edge that we needed over the last couple of decades.” or "But we’ve been a little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades"
3) Blamed it on Americans as Obama did 'They cling to guns or religion'.

Forum List

Back