what are we reading?

But what are you reading on Israel/Palestine?
Anything at all? I notice you seem chronically short of sources, and I guess we now know why....

Why do I actually have to read a book on the conflict? There are so many articles on the Internet to choose from. I am not like you, listing a huge amount of books. I feel people can find whatever books they feel like reading by doing their own research. Now I will leave you, Amity, to ride your horse all day waving the Palestinian banner, while I enjoy lunch and shopping with my daughter. See, Amity, a normal life and not one consumed about one thing only like you are.

Did you actually say ... WHY DO I ACTUALLY HAVE TO READ A BOOK?

I can't believe it.
Look, my dear, I can buy a web address this very afternoon and by eventide have an entire website up alleging all kinds of stuff, I could even make up an entire country, and I don't even need to post my own name, nothing can be reviewed by my peers, etc.

If you bestir your lazy brain to read a book that is published by a reputable publishing house, you have some assurances that a team of scholars has reviewed said book and found it worthy of paper and ink. Any jerk can put up a website that has no correspondence with truth whatsoever, but only the intellectually competent can publish a book.

So if you want to have any credibility at all in regard to a subject you profess to know something about ... READ A BOOK.

Now run along to lunch.

Last edited:
Anything at all? I notice you seem chronically short of sources, and I guess we now know why....

Why do I actually have to read a book on the conflict? There are so many articles on the Internet to choose from. I am not like you, listing a huge amount of books. I feel people can find whatever books they feel like reading by doing their own research. Now I will leave you, Amity, to ride your horse all day waving the Palestinian banner, while I enjoy lunch and shopping with my daughter. See, Amity, a normal life and not one consumed about one thing only like you are.

Did you actually say ... WHY DO I ACTUALLY HAVE TO READ A BOOK?

I can't believe it.
Look, my dear, I can buy a web address this very afternoon and by eventide have an entire website up alleging all kinds of stuff, I could even make up an entire country, and I don't even need to post my own name, nothing can be reviewed by my peers, etc.

If you bestir your lazy brain to read a book that is published by a reputable publishing house, you have some assurances that a team of scholars has reviewed said book and found it worthy of paper and ink. Any jerk can put up a website that has no correspondence with truth whatsoever, but only the intellectually competent can publish a book.

So if you want to have any credibility at all in regard to a subject you profess to know something about ... READ A BOOK.

Now run along to lunch.

Why, Amity, many of the postors and also the viewers don't have your narrow view regarding what is happening in the world (Gee, I wonder why you do, as if many of us don't know). We are not obsessed with one tiny, tiny, tiny area of the world, but are interested in what is going on in the rest of the Middle East and the rest of the world in general. With the advent of the Internet, we don't have to read dozens and dozens of books (especially those of yours from Arabs and Leftists Jews) to know what is happening since there are reporters on the ground all over the world. And threre are also many writings by intelligent people who give their analyses of what is happening all over. You certainly are missing a lot by being so narrow. Now since you told us you received a new contract and would be very, very busy, why don't you run along and work on your new "imaginary" contract.

The internet has it's advantages and it's limitations.

Among it's limitations:
Anyone can say anything and be considered "a source"
Anyone can find a source that reinforces their own point of view - they can create an echo chamber.

It's ok, if you have the strength of will to look for opposing points of view to measure against.
It's ok if you have the knowledge and integrity to look at sources critically.

More often though - the internet offers a cliff-notes version of reality. If you think that's enough...then it's ok.

But maybe it's not enough :)

Books can offer a far more indepth perspective. It's worth going beyond the internet if your passionate about a subject :)

And there is nothing wrong with leftist Jews you know...after all...they've been responsible for some pretty major and postive social change.

And there is nothing wrong with leftist Jews you know...after all...they've been responsible for some pretty major and postive social change.

And they are also the ones who wouldn't blink if the Arabs destroyed Israel. I guess you missed the piece I posted entitled: With friends like the left wing, Israel doesn’t need enemies.

Why, Amity, many of the postors and also the viewers don't have your narrow view regarding what is happening in the world (Gee, I wonder why you do, as if many of us don't know). We are not obsessed with one tiny, tiny, tiny area of the world, but are interested in what is going on in the rest of the Middle East and the rest of the world in general. With the advent of the Internet, we don't have to read dozens and dozens of books (especially those of yours from Arabs and Leftists Jews) to know what is happening since there are reporters on the ground all over the world. And threre are also many writings by intelligent people who give their analyses of what is happening all over. You certainly are missing a lot by being so narrow. Now since you told us you received a new contract and would be very, very busy, why don't you run along and work on your new "imaginary" contract.
Wonderful, Ms. Won't Read a Book, then go post in another forum. You admit you have never read a book about Palestinians. Your websites are ignorant trash. I think they make this crap up as they go along.

And they are also the ones who wouldn't blink if the Arabs destroyed Israel. I guess you missed the piece I posted entitled: With friends like the left wing, Israel doesn’t need enemies.

Does "leftist Jews" include Martin Buber by the way? Inquiring minds want to know.

You apparently don't even know much about Jews and Jewish thought?

I read nothing about Israel/Palestine right now.

I don't see the need.

Are you trying to sound clever for reading "books"? so how come you many times don't know the most basic things?:eusa_whistle:

Does "leftist Jews" include Martin Buber by the way? Inquiring minds want to know.

You apparently don't even know much about Jews and Jewish thought?

And you do?:lol:

It depends which leftist Jews you refer to.

The Israeli left of Ben Gurion is 180 degrees from the Israeli left of today.

The Israeli left of today mostly includes hypocrites and scumbags.

Among it's limitations:
Anyone can find a source that reinforces their own point of view - they can create an echo chamber.

It's ok, if you have the strength of will to look for opposing points of view to measure against.

More often though - the internet offers a cliff-notes version of reality. If you think that's enough...then it's ok.

Books can offer a far more indepth perspective. It's worth going beyond the internet if your passionate about a subject :)

True. But most of the times It's hardly enough.

Among it's limitations:

True. But most of the times It's hardly enough.

And most of the time you will never see any poster giving an humongous list of books that suit her own purposes. The other posters and viewers certainly don't need her help when it come to finding reading material. I think they have the intelligence to do so.

I was hoping to get YOUR bibliography.

Yasser Arafat was beaten severely by his father once for attending religious services at a synagogue and TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT THE CONGREGATION THOUGHT. Are the Palestinians the only ones doing that?

Does everyone else choose to live in a fantasy world?

..... but the OP was not a 'trick question', according to you. LOL.

She's just a one trick pony and has such a narrow view of what is going on in the world. I wonder if she dreams of riding a white horse while holding the "Palestinian" flag with all those so-called refugees marching behind her to take over Israel. I think most of the viewers just let what she says in one ear and out the other. Is she any different from all those others who have posted on forums with the same mind set and who post the same old stuff the viewers have seen hundreds of times before..

Forum List

Back