resistance in the West Bank

amity1844

Jun 1, 2014
The last time I was there was 1976. Then only a brave few souls would display a Palestinian flag, for it was illegal to do so. The name "Palestine" was still officially outlawed. One arrogant Israeli bragged to me about how docile the West Bank was... "these are OUR Arabs, not like those people in Lebanon."

Let's contemplate the sea change:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecP4VOe_Kzs]Resistance in the West Bank - YouTube[/ame]

This next one's just for fun... the Palestinian answer to Fiddler on the Roof! We're in Jalazone camp, and having raw sewage dumped on them does not seem to dampen spirits.
Tiger Dabke with hundreds out to cheer the shabab:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGHjT3KhSPg]Tiger Dabke in Jalazone refugee camp - YouTube[/ame]

The Arabs do this in every country.
So what's your point?

The Jews survived the Holocaust.
I think Israel can handle this.

So what's your point?

That WASN'T my point.
I just thought the film was insightful about Palestinian's perceptions. As has been said, it is a bit of a Bantustan?

I don't really blame many of them for their perceptions, but sometimes one has to look across their borders and figure out who's REALLY screwing with their futures.

So what's your point?

That WASN'T my point.
I just thought the film was insightful about Palestinian's perceptions. As has been said, it is a bit of a Bantustan?

Hardly seeing as Palestine has its own government and is not part of Israel. It is more of a cess pit of cancer cells that needs chemical or radiation therapy to neutralise them.

They have the means to live in peace and prosperity but refuse to take the plunge because they don't want to lose their charity payouts and have to work for a living

I don't think you know much about the subject you are trying to address. FOA, PA manages civil affairs and that is about it. Secondly, what charity payouts are you hallucinating?

I don't think you know much about the subject you are trying to address. FOA, PA manages civil affairs and that is about it. Secondly, what charity payouts are you hallucinating?

Billions each year have been given to the PA from nations, world bank, EU, AL, etc.
UN pays and supports those still living in "camps", they are more like small cities with cement apartment buildings.

That aid amounts to next to nothing, and it IS nothing for a family.

The PLO groups used to be able to provide minimal infrastructure, now who does?

>>Foreign aid is the "main driver" of economic growth in the Palestinian territories.<<

PA get around 4 billion per year in foreign aid.

>>As of September 2012, the PA is "NIS 617 million in debt to the Israel Electric Corporation."<<

>>the Palestinian Authority will face a cash deficit of at least $110 million a month, or more than $1 billion a year, which it needs to pay full salaries to its 140,000 employees, who are the breadwinners for at least one-third of the Palestinian population.<<

Millions each year go to pay prisoners. Fatah officials, through not able to work under the gaza administration were still being paid, while Hamas is unable to pay their own people.

>>As of September 2012, the PA is "NIS 617 million in debt to the Israel Electric Corporation."<<

>>the Palestinian Authority will face a cash deficit of at least $110 million a month, or more than $1 billion a year, which it needs to pay full salaries to its 140,000 employees, who are the breadwinners for at least one-third of the Palestinian population.<<

Millions each year go to pay prisoners. Fatah officials, through not able to work under the gaza administration were still being paid, while Hamas is unable to pay their own people.

This is about as true as anything said by you. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Did Israel suspend Gilad Shalit's pay from his family while he was being held? Don't the families of Israelis who are killed receive some form of compensation so that they will have a future?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVTYyRLMljc]DONOR OPIUM, the impact of international aid to Palestine - YouTube[/ame]

This is about as true as anything said by you. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Did Israel suspend Gilad Shalit's pay from his family while he was being held? Don't the families of Israelis who are killed receive some form of compensation so that they will have a future?

Why don't you put a dollar value on the welfare entitlement that the international community needs to contribute to fund the Islamic terrorist enclave in "Palestine"?

How much is required to further support the purchase of weapons and ammunition to fund Islamic terrorism ?

Bummer, man. You mean money to fund Islamic terrorism doesn't just fall off the jihad tree ?

10402838_486503258162914_5210197854678149696_n.jpg

This kidnapping was obviously expected, after Israel gave up over 1000 Palestinian criminals for one Israeli.
Now, I'm not saying I was against that deal, but once you make just one deal like that with terrorist scumbags, they are going to try and repeat it.

May all three young men return home safely.

I can only imagine how horrible their parents are feeling, not knowing anything about the welfare of their kids :(

The solution is for Israel to stop their damn Zionist agenda of peace offerings, a security fence & land concessions to Palestinians so they remain to suck off of Israel for their well being & help the Palestinians find a way back to their native homelands where they will recieve the Arab country love, justice & respect they were so well accustomed to --- and so well deserve. Don't you agree?

So what's your point?

That WASN'T my point.

Hardly seeing as Palestine has its own government and is not part of Israel. It is more of a cess pit of cancer cells that needs chemical or radiation therapy to neutralise them.

They have the means to live in peace and prosperity but refuse to take the plunge because they don't want to lose their charity payouts and have to work for a living

The P.A. manages everything and exists on charity from other countries, you know like you say Israel does with its aid packages. Well the Palestinians have their own UN agency that gives them $billions every year in charity. Then you had the EU charity that has since been stopped that was meant to pay their fuel bills, but they spent it on "pensions" for convicted terrorists. How about the aid from the US that they are talking about withholding because of the Palestinians refusal to sit down and talk. Those are the facts that are easily proven by just looking on the internet.

Hamas in gaza and fatah in the west bank, but like all Islamic leaders they cream of the top for themselves. The problem is the P.A. have become too reliant on the Israeli's to provide everything of substance and are now whinging and whining about the fact they don't see the need to support the terrorism anymore. In effect they are saying to the Palestinians get on with it as we no longer feed, clothe and house you. That is the job of your elected leaders from now on

Chalk and cheese as Gilad was a serving soldier and he was in the pay of the military while held prisoner. The convicted terrorists are not serving soldiers but criminals and under International law should not be glorified and paid by the P.A. The families receive compensation for the death of their kin while on active duty, much of which is paid by the serving soldiers themselves in the form of an insurance.

Now about the payments to convicted terrorists by the P.A. do you agree that any world government should defend and support terrorist nurderers

Forum List

Back