Went Fishing

Oh geez! Well unless my husband decides to drive to the other side of the pennisula we will not catch decent fish. We keep trying to catch flounder but they are hard to catch! I want to catch something big for a change.

MM,

I was wearing my normal fishing attire, short blue swim shorts and tank top. Peole around here eat Croaker and EEL. You can go to the local grocery store and buy them! I won't eat them ever. As a matter of fact I cut my fishing line on the EEL. I wasn't going to touch that sucker!

We generally fish from the Coleman Bridge to West End (westpoint) in Gloucester, Va. Just to many croaker and not enough Flounder! Very hard to catch any trout too. Last year I caught two trout but they were too small to keep.

We used blood worms, squid, cut bait, and minnows (1 to 2 inches) and nothing yet.

Excellent!

Here's mine, a 1970 model Hydrodyne Flatop which is 24 feet long, 10 feet wide.... I modified the transom on this bad Boy to accommodate the 300 hp Yamaha outboard that's on it now. I can pull 6 skiers easily at 50 mph. This boat will also out corner any on the market currently. I also, just laugh at storms. Although I tore it up pretty good in 1989, in a squall off Matagorta Bay. (No worries, it's easy to repair.)

This boat is very rare and hard to find today. Back in 2002 I was able to find the original molds and tools used back then to build these, and bought them. They were in some old guy's barn in Indiana, he had no idea what that "junk" was. Ab Crosby, the designer, was simply a genius. This was the first true "composite" hull ever in commercial production, he started building these back in 1965. He was truly, 30 years ahead of his time.

334sn60.jpg

That will fix me for posting pictures of my dingy

Forum List

Back