Went Fishing

We generally fish from the Coleman Bridge to West End (westpoint) in Gloucester, Va. Just to many croaker and not enough Flounder! Very hard to catch any trout too. Last year I caught two trout but they were too small to keep.

I used to be your neighbor - well, sort of. When I married Mrs. Big Black Dog I was living in Williamsburg and working at Cheatham Annex... I used to bass fish a lot in the Chick. Would get off work everyday around 3 and fly home, hook up the boat, and would be casting for bass by 4:00! After I got married I moved up here to Northwestern Illinois and haven't had and decent sea food since. Being raised in VA, I know the area well you speak of...

We generally fish from the Coleman Bridge to West End (westpoint) in Gloucester, Va. Just to many croaker and not enough Flounder! Very hard to catch any trout too. Last year I caught two trout but they were too small to keep.

I used to be your neighbor - well, sort of. When I married Mrs. Big Black Dog I was living in Williamsburg and working at Cheatham Annex... I used to bass fish a lot in the Chick. Would get off work everyday around 3 and fly home, hook up the boat, and would be casting for bass by 4:00! After I got married I moved up here to Northwestern Illinois and haven't had and decent sea food since. Being raised in VA, I know the area well you speak of...
That's cool, did you ever catch anything decent? Everyone tells us Cheatham annex is a great spot for fishing but all we catch there is croaker and nothing more! You know on the annex side near the bridge that beach there? That's where a lot of flounder is suppose to be also but nothing. I've tried early spring, to early fall and nadda.

I can catch croaker because they will eat any bait. LOL

It's cool knowing someone here knows my area. Yeah you missing some blue crab I bet. If you were at the center of Willamsburg and drew a line straight across the river...that's where I live. North of Almondsville.

Never did any fishing there at Cheatham Annex. Fished the hell out of the Chick though. Some really nice bass in those waters. I caught one so big once that when I lifted him out of the river the water level went down by a full two inches!:disbelief:

Never did any fishing there at Cheatham Annex. Fished the hell out of the Chick though. Some really nice bass in those waters. I caught one so big once that when I lifted him out of the river the water level went down by a full two inches!:disbelief:
CHICK???? Where is that?

Just looked it up, it's on the other side of willamsburg. No wonder. I'm just off RT17 and that river is an hour drive away for me. If it isn't close to me I haven't a clue unless I check my map. *laugh*

The last muskie I caught taught me a valuable lesson...Put them back into the water horizontally or head first.

My last fish went back tail first ....It sensed the water around its tail and flipped furiously, causing it to come free from the hand that was supporting it by the gill plate. Good thing I was wearing a Kevlar glove, because the damned thing ended up biting the shit out of my thumb.

The last muskie I caught taught me a valuable lesson...Put them back into the water horizontally or head first.

My last fish went back tail first ....It sensed the water around its tail and flipped furiously, causing it to come free from the hand that was supporting it by the gill plate. Good thing I was wearing a Kevlar glove, because the damned thing ended up biting the shit out of my thumb.
they have sharp teeth huh? Never caught a musky, and only seen one on TV. I think it was on that show River Monsters. LOL

I just want to catch a trophy fish! I'm sick and tired of croakers!

muskie_jaw.jpg

OH MY GOD, I would be dinner for that sucker!

Next time I catch an EEL (hope that is never) I'l ice it and mail it to you so you can eat it. *ewwwwwwww*

When I go fishing, I have a secret lure that I use that is so lethal to fish, I have to go about 100 yards inland when I open the tackle box just to tie it on my line. Because of this, fish usually just jump into the boat to try and get the lure. I have to keep a towel over the lure when I reach my limit.

When I go fishing, I have a secret lure that I use that is so lethal to fish, I have to go about 100 yards inland when I open the tackle box just to tie it on my line. Because of this, fish usually just jump into the boat to try and get the lure. I have to keep a towel over the lure when I reach my limit.
share please? I need all the help I can get, and please if you do decide to share with me...type it elementary...you know gals. :lol:

share please? I need all the help I can get, and please if you do decide to share with me...type it elementary...you know gals.

I would love to share but if I did, and you used this very special lure, there would be no more fish in Virginia. I have signed an agreement with the Governor of my state to the effect that I will only use this lure twice a year. Once in the spring and once in the fall. The problem with using it, is an environmental one. If you use it very often you catch so many fish that the water level in the rivers and lakes go down to such a degree that it effects the water table of the surrounding area.

Forum List

Back