Wealthy Republican Congressmen vote to slash their own taxes

People will not forget what the Republicans did come November 2018. Republicans have got to go. I won't be surprised if democrats win house and senate next year.
Why dont you explain to me why this bill is the devil. I would love to hear it
You are in the 24% of Americans who think this is great legislation. Meanwhile the majority understands that giving a greater cut to the wealthy and corporations on a permanent basis while allowing the modest cuts to wage earners to sunset in a few years is not what The Donald ran on. But lacking any core values or political ideology, The Donald can concentrate on "winning" at any cost. And that cost amounts to adding $1.4 trillion to the national debt to be paid back by wage earners, not heirs.

When people who make money on the money they already have get bigger tax cuts than those who earn a pay check, while the disparity of wealth between the top 1 or 5 or 10% and the majority of citizen earners and spenders remains at historic levels, where's the fairness of penalizing the majority for working for a living?

But you drank the kook-aid. You believe the hype. You have found your scapegoats and bogeymen. Party on, Trumpian! You have nothing,to lose but your political power!
How are 100% of Americans getting a tax break but only 24% of them like it? Are 76% of the people actually wanting to pay more in taxes?
The 76% want the same loophole built into this tax plan as the top 1% of the wealthy and the corporations got. Deductibility for education, health care, childre, state and local taxes. But that 76% only votes,and doesn't write six figure checks to campaign coffers.

We know today that most corporations will use the windfall to buy back their own stock and reward,shareholders. That's the bottom line they want to enhance. Not job expansion. That costs too much!
You really do not understand business do you?

Shareholders may get dividends immediately after a tax cut (because they have been starving for several years), but they want expansion to make their shares more valuable in the future, and to gain MORE dividends.

You honestly think corps. will buy up all that stock and never expand or increase market share or expand into new markets? You really believe that?
Shareholders may get dividends immediately after a tax cut (because they have been starving for several years),

Have They?

Show us.

No.
It's obvious you are the idiot.

Anyone with any sensibility in this regard would understand. You do not.
Anyone with half a brain knows that businesses make decisions based on tax liability. You obviously, and admittedly don't understand that.

Please never vote. You will destroy the world.

Will companies spend tax savings to create jobs?
:lol:

We've already discussed that. Businesses will buy back stocks and pay dividends to major shareholders. What about the next year and the year after that? Eventually (and probably not too long after) they are going to expand, increase share value, and move into new markets.

You fuckers don't understand how this works because you are no-business understanding dumb fuck commies. Leave the business issues to the non-commies.
:beer:

Have They?

Show us.
Name the corporation and I will try to research it for you, but it depends on the corporation. You want me to make a blanket statement...because you are a business idiot.
:dunno:

Research?

You just stated that dividends have been starved without tax cuts. I asked you to confirm. You really don't know then?

want me to make a blanket statement

You already did.

You just stated that dividends have been starved without tax cuts. I asked you to confirm. You really don't know then?
You're a dumbass, trying to split hairs to keep you from looking stupid.

See my post above about corporations making decisions.

Regardless, it's not your money. You don't get ANY of it whether it's taxed or not, so what the fuck do you care?

Because you are a jealous, envious bitch?

That was the subject that you sidestepped.
But you don't know what it means. You just heard your commie professor bitching about it and decided to do the same.

You're stark-raving mad that somebody else will get to keep more of his/her money, while....you will too. Honestly, I don't know what the fuck you are bitching about. You're just a jealous fuck.

The Jobs and Wage Effects of a Corporate Rate Cut - Tax Foundation

The Heritage Foundation

Admittedly, economic growth requires decisions to be made by corporations to expand and hire. One thing is certain thought-- they are less likely to expand if their tax liability prevents it.

Great.
Who are those currently handicapped by their tax liability and what percentage of businesses do you expect to be freed by this legislation?

Also, is expansion and hiring either necessary or practical at the current rate of employment and growth?

You're a dumbass, trying to split hairs to keep you from looking stupid.

See my post above about corporations making decisions.

Regardless, it's not your money. You don't get ANY of it whether it's taxed or not, so what the fuck do you care?

Because you are a jealous, envious bitch?

split hairs

I'm simply asking you to explain your thinking. You seem to know something but despite repeated requests for clarification, you are repeatedly unable to provide any and become very defensive when asked.

That was the subject that you sidestepped.
But you don't know what it means. You just heard your commie professor bitching about it and decided to do the same.

You're stark-raving mad that somebody else will get to keep more of his/her money, while....you will too. Honestly, I don't know what the fuck you are bitching about. You're just a jealous fuck.
But you don't know what it means.

I do indeed.
I simply asked for examples of your assertions. You seemed very sure. I thought you could easily share some to support your point. I guess I was wrong.

Liberal: Damn Trump and his tax cuts for corporations.

Human Resources: Your 401k is heavily invested in corporations, do you wish to make a change?

Liberal: Trump tax cuts for corporations are awesome!

100% of wealthy Republican Congressmen voted to slash their own taxes
100% of wealthy Democratic Congressmen voted against it
If your so upset about tax cuts I'm sure the Fed won't mind it if you and the rest of the whiny bitches pay back more than you owe.

People will not forget what the Republicans did come November 2018. Republicans have got to go. I won't be surprised if democrats win house and senate next year.
Why dont you explain to me why this bill is the devil. I would love to hear it

The tax cuts are mainly going to the wealthy and corporations at the expense of middle class and working class individuals.

It's more of that Reagan economic bullshit that has led to our shitty economic inequality today. Rich getting richer and middle and working class getting poorer.

But you Republicans have drank the Kool-aid.

Giving tax cuts with the hopes of maybe the wealth with trickle down is foolish.

Only one problem with your little rant there, Nia...income inequality got far worse under two terms of Barack Obama than it ever did under Reagan! Care to explain how that could be?

Explain what drives the inequality you spoke of and what if anything Obama did to exacerbate it.

Total lack of a plan to grow the economy for the better part of six years? The wealthy got richer investing in the stock market with borrowed money at almost a zero interest rate. The poor didn't have that option because they had no access to credit. Obama relied on quantitative easing and low Fed rates to keep the stock market from crashing again...the only bright spot for him when it came to the economy but the rich got richer and the poor got poorer because of that!

Forum List

Back