Wealthy Republican Congressmen vote to slash their own taxes

People will not forget what the Republicans did come November 2018. Republicans have got to go. I won't be surprised if democrats win house and senate next year.
Why dont you explain to me why this bill is the devil. I would love to hear it
You are in the 24% of Americans who think this is great legislation. Meanwhile the majority understands that giving a greater cut to the wealthy and corporations on a permanent basis while allowing the modest cuts to wage earners to sunset in a few years is not what The Donald ran on. But lacking any core values or political ideology, The Donald can concentrate on "winning" at any cost. And that cost amounts to adding $1.4 trillion to the national debt to be paid back by wage earners, not heirs.

When people who make money on the money they already have get bigger tax cuts than those who earn a pay check, while the disparity of wealth between the top 1 or 5 or 10% and the majority of citizen earners and spenders remains at historic levels, where's the fairness of penalizing the majority for working for a living?

But you drank the kook-aid. You believe the hype. You have found your scapegoats and bogeymen. Party on, Trumpian! You have nothing,to lose but your political power!

I've claimed neither. What are your hopes for an outcome?
Businesses live to expand. Capital allows expansion. Tax cuts provide interest-free capital.

Do you need more? You want me to give you numbers?

I can't. Businesses have different problems, needs, debts. It's hard to predict. One thing is certain, they will have the opportunity to expand, which would create more jobs, and more tax revenue. Even if businesses decide not to spend that money on expansion, is it really our decision to make? Obama has been trying to ass fuck them for 8 years. They may not be able to expand until they recover from the commie in chief's regulatory bullshit.

Businesses live to expand. Capital allows expansion. Tax cuts provide interest-free capital.

I can't. Businesses have different problems, needs, debts. It's hard to predict. One thing is certain, they will have the opportunity to expand, which would create more jobs, and more tax revenue. Even if businesses decide not to spend that money on expansion, is it really our decision to make? Obama has been trying to ass fuck them for 8 years. They may not be able to expand until they recover from the commie in chief's regulatory bullshit.
When and where has trickle down economic policy ever, ever worked out the way you describe? We know today that most corporations will use the windfall to buy back their own stock and reward,shareholders. That's the bottom line they want to enhance. Not job expansion. That costs too much!

We know today that most corporations will use the windfall to buy back their own stock and reward,shareholders. That's the bottom line they want to enhance. Not job expansion. That costs too much!
You really do not understand business do you?

Shareholders may get dividends immediately after a tax cut (because they have been starving for several years), but they want expansion to make their shares more valuable in the future, and to gain MORE dividends.

You honestly think corps. will buy up all that stock and never expand or increase market share or expand into new markets? You really believe that?

When and where has trickle down economic policy ever, ever worked out the way you describe?
The 80s.
Really? In the 80s, "outsourcing" became the Word of the Decade. Companies folded up like Chinese card tables and fled to Latin America and Asia. Wage disparity became,a growing and unsustainable problem. Wage earners saw their benefits,and,income,slashed.

Is it a coincidence that at the very time trade unions were strongest, the middle class was strongest too?

That's apparent.

Tax cuts provide interest-free capital.

Huh?

What about the capital they already have?

People will not forget what the Republicans did come November 2018. Republicans have got to go. I won't be surprised if democrats win house and senate next year.
Why dont you explain to me why this bill is the devil. I would love to hear it
You are in the 24% of Americans who think this is great legislation. Meanwhile the majority understands that giving a greater cut to the wealthy and corporations on a permanent basis while allowing the modest cuts to wage earners to sunset in a few years is not what The Donald ran on. But lacking any core values or political ideology, The Donald can concentrate on "winning" at any cost. And that cost amounts to adding $1.4 trillion to the national debt to be paid back by wage earners, not heirs.

When people who make money on the money they already have get bigger tax cuts than those who earn a pay check, while the disparity of wealth between the top 1 or 5 or 10% and the majority of citizen earners and spenders remains at historic levels, where's the fairness of penalizing the majority for working for a living?

But you drank the kook-aid. You believe the hype. You have found your scapegoats and bogeymen. Party on, Trumpian! You have nothing,to lose but your political power!
How are 100% of Americans getting a tax break but only 24% of them like it? Are 76% of the people actually wanting to pay more in taxes?

We know today that most corporations will use the windfall to buy back their own stock and reward,shareholders. That's the bottom line they want to enhance. Not job expansion. That costs too much!
You really do not understand business do you?

Shareholders may get dividends immediately after a tax cut (because they have been starving for several years), but they want expansion to make their shares more valuable in the future, and to gain MORE dividends.

You honestly think corps. will buy up all that stock and never expand or increase market share or expand into new markets? You really believe that?
That's what the boardrooms tell us.

Forum List

Back