JUST IN: Chip Roy Explodes Over Latest Attempt To Avert Shutdown With A CR Ahead Of Key Vote

Not sure if you studied the Budget numbers, but its not good.
We can't cut taxes. That loses revenue. The old "bait and switch" of "cutting taxes pays for itself is bullshit.
The only reason revenue went up was because they borrowed more to juice the economy.
My recommendations to get a surplus and start paying down the debt are:
1. Send Welfare back to the States. Let them put the idle to work.
2. Remove the cap on SS.
3. End the capital gains tax break
4. End the Dept of Education, total state responsibility
5. Hire a new Grace Commission to list all of the government items we can cut.
6. Add a new Financial Transaction tax on all financial transactions
7. Add a new Remittance tax on money sent out of the US (Mexico pays for the wall and ICE and CBP)
I generally agree.
Except we can cut taxes.
We just need to cut spending to a much greater degree than anyone on the government dole/payroll would like.

I generally agree.
Except we can cut taxes.
We just need to cut spending to a much greater degree than anyone on the government dole/payroll would like.

Taxes are fine. It's more important to get the debt down, than save a few bucks every week in our checks. There's a LOT of people who get back more than they pay in.

Lowering or even removing the corporate tax would be a great idea, if manufacturers and retail would lower their cost. But they wouldn't. They'd just take the extra profits and keep charging us the same.

Yes, when your beloved party has control of one side of Congress they always fight tooth and nail to cut spending. When they control it all and the white house they never even think about cutting spending.

But you will vote for them till the day you die because they talk about cutting spending every time they do not have the power to do so.

Trust me, they love you for that.
When do democrats call for spending cuts? Never.

You're dodging your own issue. You made the challenge. I accepted your challenge (about who's spent the most money).. And now you're changing the subject.
That isnt a challenge. Democrats spend more money BY FAR!!! All the big spending during Trump years was Nancy Pelosi.

When do democrats call for spending cuts? Never.

Correct, they never do.

When does your beloved party every enact spending cuts? NEVER

So, the end result is the same for both parties, yet you worship one and hate one, while I on the other hand hate both

You mean because dems are not good negotiating partners who never allow less spending to take place??

No, I mean because your beloved party never, ever, tries to cut spending when they have the power to do so.

Let me ask you this, the starting point for negotiating spending is the budget request submitted by the POTUS. How many times did Trump submit a budget request that was smaller than the year before?

Trump only vetoed 1 spending bill in 4 yrs. That cannot be blamed on the democrats.

Country had to live on in order to survive. He had to battle disgusting Marxist and turncoat R shutdowns. The Stolen 2nd term would have cleaned up a lot of the muck.
It’s unfixable now. Country is destroyed w/o complete rebuild. The commee have won the first 50 yrs battle, the war is on-going.//

Congratulations. Tell your grandchildren they will have to fight and rebuild What DEM have caused.

No, I mean because your beloved party never, ever, tries to cut spending when they have the power to do so.
We have the power to do so now and we ARE trying to cut spending. Thats why every 3 months the dems start saying the GOP is going to cause a government shutdown. Dems are DEMANDING more spending, while the GOP is trying to spend less.

We have the power to do so now and we ARE trying to cut spending.

You do not have the power now, that is why they are pretending to care about it

Thats why every 3 months the dems start saying the GOP is going to cause a government shutdown. Dems are DEMANDING more spending, while the GOP is trying to spend less.

The GOP only tries to spend less when they are not the party in power. Why is that?

Why did Trump not try to cut spending?

Why did the Repubs not try to cut spending when they controlled the House, the Senate and the White House?

Trump cut a lot of government spending. Did away with most of the "Czars" that Biden immediately brought back.

Liar.

Trump moved spending around, he never cut it. Never once did he spend less than the previous year.

Y U change your name, Goofing Goober?

I did.

So, tell me again about Trump cutting spending. Tell about the time he spent less than the year before, hell tell me about the time he even asked for less than the year before.

I did.

So, tell me again about Trump cutting spending. Tell about the time he spent less than the year before, hell tell me about the time he even asked for less than the year before.

"Trump seeks to freeze $27.4 billion of programs in final week of presidency"​

"

Trump's new budget cuts all but a favored few science programs"​

"

Trump $4.8 trillion budget proposal includes 26% cut to EPA"​

"

What Trump cut in his agency budgets"​

You were claiming..what? :dunno:

"Trump seeks to freeze $27.4 billion of programs in final week of presidency"​

"

Trump's new budget cuts all but a favored few science programs"​

"

Trump $4.8 trillion budget proposal includes 26% cut to EPA"​

You were claiming..-what? :dunno:

Yes, Trump cut some places and added to other places, and the end result was more money being spent, not less. Thus there was not spending cuts, just money moved around

If I spend 50 bucks less on shoes and 100 bucks more on video games, I did not cut spending.

Yes, Trump cut some places and added to other places, and the end result was more money being spent, not less. Thus there was not spending cuts, just money moved around

If I spend 50 bucks less on shoes and 100 bucks more on video games, I did not cut spending.
Shittiest analogy ever! :spinner:

Forum List

Back