Wealthy Republican Congressmen vote to slash their own taxes

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
100% of wealthy Republican Congressmen voted to slash their own taxes
100% of wealthy Democratic Congressmen voted against it

People will not forget what the Republicans did come November 2018. Republicans have got to go. I won't be surprised if democrats win house and senate next year.

People will not forget what the Republicans did come November 2018. Republicans have got to go. I won't be surprised if democrats win house and senate next year.
Why dont you explain to me why this bill is the devil. I would love to hear it

Gotta agree with you TN.
All the libs claim people are gonna die or this is Armegedon, but nobody explains why!

Well, politicians are citizens too, aren't they?

Now if they vote themselves a 25% pay raise with a smile and pat on the back (and a middle finger to the country) as they do in Canada, then you've got a problem

Please, please, please think about what you are writing.

These "wealthy republican congresspersons" ALL spend hundreds of thousands of their own dollars and dramatic DECREASES in earning power in order to serve in Congress. DOES IT MAKE ANY SENSE TO CLAIM THAT THEY DID SO TO REDUCE THEIR TAXES?

It is fucking insane suggest such a thing. If they wanted to maximize their own income/earnings/wealth, they never would have gotten into politics.

And the couple percent they are saving is a relative pittance.

cry baby 3.jpg

Gotta agree with you TN.
All the libs claim people are gonna die or this is Armegedon, but nobody explains why!

Many don't want smaller government. They have friends and family in government, they want expansion of dependence and a centralized control, as they do in Canada and Venezuela. This ensures generations of state employment, while maintaining the status quo for the poor.

Less taxation is liberty to citizens. Lower intervention by the government is more freedom for citizens. Government has a key role, especially in defense and administration. Otherwise, they should be doing all that they can everyday to minimize their hand in the economy and in citizens lives. It's what admirable people do.

Well then, that makes up some ground over all the generational welfare leeches who contribute nothing to this country yet can vote to raise them to benefit themselves at taxpayer expense.

:2up:

Well then, that makes up some ground over all the generational welfare leeches who contribute nothing to this country yet can vote to raise them to benefit themselves at taxpayer expense.

Those "leeches" aren't voting to line their own pockets....Republicans in Congress are

Those "leeches" aren't voting to line their own pockets

Of course they are, at taxpayer expense.

It's a simple concept really...if the tax cuts don't spur the economy...then the Democrats will win big in the mid term elections! If the tax cuts create a surging economy then the Republicans will win big in the mid term elections! As James Carville once told Bill Clinton..."It's the economy, Stupid!"

Attempts by either side to portray these tax cuts as one thing or another are meaningless. They either will work or they won't. Everything else is political posturing!

It's a simple concept really...if the tax cuts don't spur the economy...then the Democrats will win big in the mid term elections! If the tax cuts create a surging economy then the Republicans will win big in the mid term elections! As James Carville once told Bill Clinton..."It's the economy, Stupid!"

Attempts by either side to portray these tax cuts as one thing or another are meaningless. They either will work or they won't. Everything else is political posturing!

Any economic spurt is short lived. Then we are stuck with a depleted revenue stream

Any economic spurt is short lived. Then we are stuck with a depleted revenue stream

So the Reagan "economic spurt" was short lived? Really?

Yes it was

It was funded by tax cuts and soaring spending on defense

Our current $20 trillion debt can be linked directly to those cuts

reagan-deficit-stimulus.gif

Last edited:

Because it lowers taxes at the expense of the deficit and debt in an economy that doesn't need such action.

Reagan made massive deficit spending politically survivable, that's his grim legacy.

These poor liberals, the American people love tax cuts and after the smoke clears from all the lies liberals are telling about this tax reform bill the American people are going to love these tax cuts and libs will be even more butthurt. :laugh:

Forum List

Back