JUST IN: Chip Roy Explodes Over Latest Attempt To Avert Shutdown With A CR Ahead Of Key Vote

Let's dance.

Since 1980, the Republicans have increased the debt ceiling more times and spent more money than the democrats. I know... I know.... That sounds absurd. When I heard that the first time, I just laughed it off. No way that could be true. So I researched it and found that the GOP is the big spenders.

Now since Biden has been president, the gap has closed some. But I guarantee you, that even with Biden's spending, there's not going to be $1 trillion difference in the two.

Numbers probably skewed by the Man-Made DEM-China virus launch and the shut-down they blamed on Trump. Two yrs. maximum spending to keep kill the economy and rig the Vote all dumped onto Trump (to get rid of Trump).

You did not answer the question. I wonder why.

This seems to be the norm for loyalist.
There is always a huge push for less spending on the right when they do not have the power to make it happen. That is how they get rubes like you to keep voting for them.

Ain't this always the way. When the GOP is in the minority, the talk is always about cutting spending, reducing the debt, objecting to debt ceiling increases. But once they're in the majority, especially with a GOP president, their spending goes into hyperdrive.

"Since 1960, Congress has raised, extended, or revised the debt limit 78 separate times, of which 49 were under Republican presidents and 29 were under Democratic presidents, according to the Department of Treasury.May 18, 2023"

Numbers probably skewed by the Man-Made DEM-China virus launch and the shut-down they blamed on Trump. Two yrs. maximum spending to keep kill the economy and rig the Vote all dumped onto Trump (to get rid of Trump).

Trump only vetoed 1 spending bill in 4 yrs. That cannot be blamed on the democrats.

It was only a 1-week extension. I give Mike Johnson some credit for trying to clamp down on spending.

We need to take the Budget from $6.7T back down to $4T
We need to cut taxes, and cut spending across the board to a degree that allows us to begin paying off the debt. On our current trajectory, the dollar will inevitably collapse and that will hurt Americans far more than a couple decades of austerity.
Will it affect military spending? Yes.
Will it affect social spending? Yes.
Is it the best course? Undoubtedly.

Let's dance.

Since 1980, the Republicans have increased the debt ceiling more times and spent more money than the democrats. I know... I know.... That sounds absurd. When I heard that the first time, I just laughed it off. No way that could be true. So I researched it and found that the GOP is the big spenders.

Now since Biden has been president, the gap has closed some. But I guarantee you, that even with Biden's spending, there's not going to be $1 trillion difference in the two.
Youre delusional. One side is trying to do the right thing, while the other blames the GOP for shutting down the government unless we print more money, so here we are. There is NO sign of this current dynamic changing anytime soon either. Democrats will blow out the budget the moment they take back Congress.

You did not answer the question. I wonder why.

There is always a huge push for less spending on the right when they do not have the power to make it happen. That is how they get rubes like you to keep voting for them.
We have Congress (barely) right now. Which side is demanding more spending? It sure as fuck isnt Mike Johnson and the GOP. We have to fight tooth and nail for every dollar we pull off the table.:dunno:

Why can't the GOP get someone like Chip Roy as a presidential nominee. He's one of the few Republican congressmen who's not a RINO. He doesn't care which party is making things worse and spending us down the drain. He'll call them all out for it.

nonono, y'all picked Trump, and he's the only chance Biden has. lol

Do you know how much I wish this was between Hayley and Whitmer

We have Congress (barely) right now. Which side is demanding more spending? It sure as fuck isnt Mike Johnson and the GOP. We have to fight tooth and nail for every dollar we pull off the table.:dunno:

Yes, when your beloved party has control of one side of Congress they always fight tooth and nail to cut spending. When they control it all and the white house they never even think about cutting spending.

But you will vote for them till the day you die because they talk about cutting spending every time they do not have the power to do so.

Trust me, they love you for that.

It was only a 1-week extension. I give Mike Johnson some credit for trying to clamp down on spending.

We need to take the Budget from $6.7T back down to $4T
Washington jacked up spending under the cover of Covid, no way they are going to cut spending back to pre-Covid. That town is drunk on the extra $3 trillion in spending.

Congress forced the others through, a fact you intentionally forgot to mention. They told Trump they had the votes to override his veto.

"Forcing it through" consists of overriding his veto. Signing the bill into law constitutes his agreement of the bill.

Youre delusional. One side is trying to do the right thing, while the other blames the GOP for shutting down the government unless we print more money, so here we are. There is NO sign of this current dynamic changing anytime soon either. Democrats will blow out the budget the moment they take back Congress.

You're dodging your own issue. You made the challenge. I accepted your challenge (about who's spent the most money).. And now you're changing the subject.

The GOP has spent more money than the democrats. When/if you research this and find that I'm right, what's your next plan of action? To ignore it and keep blaming the democrats? Or like a normal person, realize you've been duped by the Republicans and rethink your support for the GOP.

I was once where you are now. And I chose the latter. I became politically independent and have never looked back.

Stop lying it's pathetic. God is there even a single honest Dem left? I doubt it.

You're calling me a democrat again? Why? Because I gave you some facts that prove Trump supports the left more than you want him to?
FFS, blame Trump for signing the damn spending bills. Not me for calling him out for it.

We need to cut taxes, and cut spending across the board to a degree that allows us to begin paying off the debt. On our current trajectory, the dollar will inevitably collapse and that will hurt Americans far more than a couple decades of austerity.
Will it affect military spending? Yes.
Will it affect social spending? Yes.
Is it the best course? Undoubtedly.
Not sure if you studied the Budget numbers, but its not good.
We can't cut taxes. That loses revenue. The old "bait and switch" of "cutting taxes pays for itself is bullshit.
The only reason revenue went up was because they borrowed more to juice the economy.
My recommendations to get a surplus and start paying down the debt are:
1. Send Welfare back to the States. Let them put the idle to work.
2. Remove the cap on SS.
3. End the capital gains tax break
4. End the Dept of Education, total state responsibility
5. Hire a new Grace Commission to list all of the government items we can cut.
6. Add a new Financial Transaction tax on all financial transactions
7. Add a new Remittance tax on money sent out of the US (Mexico pays for the wall and ICE and CBP)

Forum List

Back