We really do need something to replace the red X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what all happened to make Admin and mods choose to take the red x away, but I can near guarantee you this was not just done on a whim and they have their reasons that we are not privileged to....threads with the whining is probably only a part of it....I can see them being flooded with reporting and pm's complaining as well....(it's a thankless job)

You are correct. When you have to spend an inordinate amount of time on a single issue it simply becomes not worth it. If something can be abused people always find a way to do it.

It's easier to say "fuck it, lets just get rid of it" rather than try to constantly moderate and deal with it on a daily basis.

Making more rules was out of the question.
Wow Jake and Scat whined that hard?
Truth be told, never heard a word from them.
Now....why doesn't that surprise me in the least. :D

CrusaderFrank never abused the system AFAIK, nor did I but many did.

Just to clarify, I'm on 5-6 diff forums. Seems like some people might get off of their asses & branch-out a little instead of making a list of demands here. :eusa_whistle:

don't get me wrong, this forum is "the bee's knees" ;) BUT I get the impression that for > a few, this is the only game in town for some of our people who come strumpeting along w/ a list of demands who seem to make up a clear majority of the belly achers.

Just my $.02

The people who are self-described as being tough" are the ones bellyaching because we don't have a "mommy" tab. I've been on many, in fact most forums I frequent, don't have any "I can't take time to refute this post so I'll reach for the red x tab" Its basically for lazy people or, in many cases, posters who don't have a leg to stand on argument-wise.

Like Ropey said, try typing out a few words. Maybe three to start then work-up from there :rolleyes:
How come you don't have to write something out when you thank someone or agree with someone? Like, I agree with you, and here's why...yahdahdahdah..... but that is not required, we can simply agree by pressing a button....we don't have to talk if we don't feel like talking....

It seems as though you may have been abused by members with red x's or neg reps, at least it appears this way to me by the way you are posting about it....and that stinks to high heaven if that is the case....but I can guarantee you, the majority of posters here do not and would not abuse the system, and just want to use the system, (and have used the system), for what the system was meant to be used for....

I don't know what all happened to make Admin and mods choose to take the red x away, but I can near guarantee you this was not just done on a whim and they have their reasons that we are not privileged to....threads with the whining is probably only a part of it....I can see them being flooded with reporting and pm's complaining as well....(it's a thankless job)

You are correct. When you have to spend an inordinate amount of time on a single issue it simply becomes not worth it. If something can be abused people always find a way to do it.

It's easier to say "fuck it, lets just get rid of it" rather than try to constantly moderate and deal with it on a daily basis.

Making more rules was out of the question.
Wow Jake and Scat whined that hard?
Truth be told, never heard a word from them.
Well Fakey is lying on himself because he said he reported the red X abuse.
If he reported it then I didn't see it. The decision wasn't based on a select few members complaining

It was the outcry
Just say it in words.
but why Ropey? We don't have to put 'thank you' in words or 'agree' in to words....

there is no Heaven, without hell

there is no good, without bad

the positive can not exist without the negative, and visa versa

yin-yang kind of thing....

We need a ''disagree' or a ''dislike'' or a ''differ'' or a ''nonconcur'' .....

just make the X in blue, maybe it won't be as offensive as the red x.... :D

I don't know why. Ask the boss. I don't have your answer.

I just have my solution.
The "boss has yet to comment other than to click agree on your post above. He didn't have to type out a post. I disagree with you. Why should I have to waste MY time?

Because you're impatient?

I suppose he liked the post and then was responding while you were whining about his not responding.

:dunno:

I am a victim of rw, thug, neg-stalking yes.

That being said, whatever self-policing system is implemented, it will eventually end up being abused by the selfsame ASSCLOWNS who always abuse whatever self-policing feature is in place.

As I said, people should try typing out rebuttals instead of groping for the nearest tab which is a cop-out, debate-wise.

Lol! Bastards! :mad-61: <<<< I think we should use these smileys instead of redexes!

If people redexed me, I just redexed them right back. It does end up becoming a back and forth, but what I found annoying about it is when someone would go through the whole thread to redex all my posts and I would keep getting alerts for them! That was getting really annoying. I suppose I could have turned that feature off, but I like to get notified of the thanks too.

That being said, whatever self-policing system is implemented, it will eventually end up being abused by the selfsame ASSCLOWNS who always abuse whatever self-policing feature is in place.

As I said, people should try typing out rebuttals instead of groping for the nearest tab which is a cop-out, debate-wise.

But, but, but rep doesn't mean anything!! That's what everyone always posted.

Ignore them. After all, it doesn't mean anything.

Unless it does.

Just say it in words.
When a certain misogynist perv creep with homo erotic leanings manages to puke up a thread I liked being able to just x his crap and leave it at that. To respond means to interact with the dirtbag and give him the attention he so desperately desires

I now use the 'informative' for more than a few reasons. If I'm giving it to someone I think is a jerk, then I'll post and tell them off and leave an "informative".

From then on, an 'informative' by itself is enough for him to know.

And that's enough for me.

But I hear you. It was easier to neg and give a few choice words. I did that too when we were able.
I never negged on the old board, especially for that kinda crap. It would only escalate it. Even when I was negged I just ignored it and laughed it off

The redx allowed for the whole board to see people knew what an ass he was with no back and forth with the skank

I was starting to like it as well, but then, as usual....

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/the-red-x-abuse-question.374036/

^Started in the Announcements thread and was dropped to the Flame Zone after the cry cry begain in earnest.

it wasn't a cry and it got dropped to the FZ because stat fucked it up. i had a legitimate issue as i didn't want to see my alert's flooded with jake's and scat's red x's everyday.

Just say it in words.
When a certain misogynist perv creep with homo erotic leanings manages to puke up a thread I liked being able to just x his crap and leave it at that. To respond means to interact with the dirtbag and give him the attention he so desperately desires

I now use the 'informative' for more than a few reasons. If I'm giving it to someone I think is a jerk, then I'll post and tell them off and leave an "informative".

But I hear you. It was easier to neg and give a few choice words. I did that too when we were able.
I never negged on the old board, especially for that kinda crap. It would only escalate it. Even when I was negged I just ignored it and laughed it off

The redx allowed for the whole board to see people knew what an ass he was with no back and forth with the skank

I was starting to like it as well, but then, as usual....

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/the-red-x-abuse-question.374036/

^Started in the Announcements thread and was dropped to the Flame Zone after the cry cry begain in earnest.

it wasn't a cry and it got dropped to the FZ because stat fucked it up. i had a legitimate issue as i didn't want to see my alert's flooded with jake's and scat's red x's everyday.

OK Yurt.

Instead of a red x make it a frowny face. Or a wtf face. Or an eh? face. Anything would be better than this thank, agree, informative derpiness.

Grumpy Cat Face!

Just say it in words.

I think that's the key. It should be mainly PRIVATE and direct. That was the advantage of the old "neg". Like having a twitter channel connected to the Neg button because you could explain WHY you did it.. Eliminated the frustration without leakage into the threads..

Can't depend on self-control.. That kind of control needs to be metered. Like the old neg was. You know how those psych experiments turn out when anonymous folks are allowed to press a button and shock a person.. :lol:

It was the outcry
Just say it in words.
but why Ropey? We don't have to put 'thank you' in words or 'agree' in to words....

there is no Heaven, without hell

there is no good, without bad

the positive can not exist without the negative, and visa versa

yin-yang kind of thing....

We need a ''disagree' or a ''dislike'' or a ''differ'' or a ''nonconcur'' .....

just make the X in blue, maybe it won't be as offensive as the red x.... :D

I don't know why. Ask the boss. I don't have your answer.

I just have my solution.
The "boss has yet to comment other than to click agree on your post above. He didn't have to type out a post. I disagree with you. Why should I have to waste MY time?

Because you're impatient?

I suppose he liked the post and then was responding while you were whining about his not responding.

:dunno:
I suppose...

Unless it does.
NEWSFLASH Sugar Shorts!!! I didn't neg anyone for the past year & a half on the old software. I saw that it was a punk move so I stopped wasting my time and actually debated people who I disagreed with. Thats a novel idea!!! :thup:

Unless it does.
NEWSFLASH Sugar Shorts!!! I didn't neg anyone for the past year & a half on the old software. I saw that it was a punk move so I stopped wasting my time and actually debated people who I disagreed with. Thats a novel idea!!! :thup:

Sugar shorts? Ooookay. :itsok:

Waaaaaa.

After all, it doesn't mean anything.

:lol:

CrusaderFrank never abused the system AFAIK, nor did I but many did.

Just to clarify, I'm on 5-6 diff forums. Seems like some people might get off of their asses & branch-out a little instead of making a list of demands here. :eusa_whistle:

don't get me wrong, this forum is "the bee's knees" ;) BUT I get the impression that for > a few, this is the only game in town for some of our people who come strumpeting along w/ a list of demands who seem to make up a clear majority of the belly achers.

Just my $.02

5-6 different forums?

*wow*

Just say it in words.
Here's where I really miss "Disagree"

A post that goes completely opposite of the opinion many folks here.

I wouldn't want to neg rep it, but simply clicking a little red X would save me some time.
Heres where i really like the removal of the disagree. I now know your opinion on someone's comment. Rather than just a lame X you expressed your opinion and made your point. Much more interesting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back