About the quote function

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
I've seen it in several threads. Its not possible to actually read all of the quoted posts.

Makes me think of the old days of internet message boards where the thread would just keep going to the left until it was impossible to read.

Dumb and not what I would expect from the "latest" software.

if you were a part of that conversation it all makes sense and rereading a line or two is sometimes helpful ... otherwise just skip over it.

Seems like all you need to do is set quotes at no more than four. Of course, there is all that empty room to the right....

I've seen it in several threads. Its not possible to actually read all of the quoted posts.

Makes me think of the old days of internet message boards where the thread would just keep going to the left until it was impossible to read.

The problem lies in that the nested quote function is NOT a part of the software. It's an add-on. I personally would rather do away with the nested quotes and keep it to quoting directly what you are responding to. Thats native to the software for a reason. It keeps the conversation moving forward and it makes people read.

What we are left with is people need to be courteous to others and edit the shit out or we do away with nested quotes period. We can't set it to cut off at 5 quotes or whatever number.

Nested quotes blow but a majority of people like them, so here we are.

The problem lies in that the nested quote function is NOT a part of the software. It's an add-on. I personally would rather do away with the nested quotes and keep it to quoting directly what you are responding to. Thats native to the software for a reason. It keeps the conversation moving forward and it makes people read.

What we are left with is people need to be courteous to others and edit the shit out or we do away with nested quotes period. We can't set it to cut off at 5 quotes or whatever number.

Yes...and it is quite easy to "edit the shit out" by finding the tail end of the next to last [ / Q U O T E ] <<right there...highlighting that ] and everything ahead of it up to and including the [ at the second [ Q U O T E = ...] command....pressing delete or space bar...thus removing "all that shit".

Yes...and it is quite easy to "edit the shit out" by finding the tail end of the next to last [ / Q U O T E ] <<right there...highlighting that ] and everything ahead of it up to and including the [ at the second [ Q U O T E = ...] command....pressing delete or space bar...thus removing "all that shit".

Exactly...you no longer see Luddley's comments even though I quoted you and him just now.

Thanks and I do get it but it has the opposite effect for me. I don't read a lot of the threads and often come in late to a conversation. There are many times when I want to do a quick catch up. These enormously long quotes make that impossible.

But, like I say, I do get it.

Exactly...you no longer see Luddley's comments even though I quoted you and him just now.

if the PREVIEW tab was readily available on the front menu ( as before ) cleanup would be a lot easier ...

if the PREVIEW tab was readily available on the front menu ( as before ) cleanup would be a lot easier ...

Hit more options at the bottom (next to upload file) and that will bring up the preview button.

there have been several responses that would like the PREVIEW tab to be a first option without having to click twice to use it, often there is not a reason to chose MORE OPTIONS first.

the PREVIEW was a first option before ( i believe ).

Forum List

Back