We really do need something to replace the red X

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I liked about the redex was that you could check how many someone gave out. It was pretty funny to see that those complaining about others "vast numbers" of redexes.....had as many as twice that amount themselves. :lol:
So, you're a busy body too? :lol:
Well, if you call taking a quick peek (and it IS quick)being a "busy body"......ok. :D Tho I will add, it did pull on my curiosity when someone whined about how many redexes someone else had...to see their numbers too.
If you are refering to me, once Fakey and Scat started multiple redexing me, I gave back to them twice as bad. Check the dates, I never redexed Scat or Fakey until they started redexing me. They started the war and they lost it. Then they cried and whined to the mods.

One thing I liked about the redex was that you could check how many someone gave out. It was pretty funny to see that those complaining about others "vast numbers" of redexes.....had as many as twice that amount themselves. :lol:
Well, if you call taking a quick peek (and it IS quick)being a "busy body"......ok. :D Tho I will add, it did pull on my curiosity when someone whined about how many redexes someone else had...to see their numbers too.
If you are refering to me, once Fakey and Scat started multiple redexing me, I gave back to them twice as bad. Check the dates, I never redexed Scat or Fakey until they started redexing me. They started the war and they lost it. Then they cried and whined to the mods.
I was referring to myself, Pogo and stat called me a busy body over and over again because I knew how peek too.

I was referring to myself, Pogo and stat called me a busy body over and over again because I knew how peek too.
I wasnt quoting you I was quoting bodey. Sorry for the confusion

Do away with the red x equals whining. Asking for it back equals whining. Sounds like everyone needs a whine button.

Do away with the red x equals whining. Asking for it back equals whining. Sounds like everyone needs a whine button.
BIEA-TwCIAEOz3B.png

I don't know about that....

I don't feel like I am whining, And I didn't follow the threads where our different members were whining about the red x, I never follow that kind of stuff because I just feel it is silly, and because I come to this board, to discuss politics....and don't usually have much free time in the day to bother with the family fights and screaming for mommy to come in and help me threads.....

BUT, I do think it is okay to whine, if anyone feels like whining...this is like a dysfunctional family here and there are always going to be fights or squealing or red x's for the justly due and not so justly due......eventually it will all work out....then a couple of years down the road, someone will call FOUL again and the fighting starts all over again....such is life at USMB!

I am a believer in "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff"....

Now, back to the op....I don't know what all happened to make Admin and mods choose to take the red x away, but I can near guarantee you this was not just done on a whim and they have their reasons that we are not privileged to....threads with the whining is probably only a part of it....I can see them being flooded with reporting and pm's complaining as well....(it's a thankless job)

BUT even knowing all of that, my plea is because I liked the dislike or disagree or differ key....it seemed appropriate to have one.....there is one on every other place on the internet that has a like icon, there is ALWAYS a dislike, yin-yang....

too bad people were over using it....but to me, I could have predicted that to happen....but it would have eventually slowed down, that is...after the gazillion whine threads it would have eventually slowed down imho...

That is the thing about whining, to the whiner it seems important and thus informative.

I don't know what all happened to make Admin and mods choose to take the red x away, but I can near guarantee you this was not just done on a whim and they have their reasons that we are not privileged to....threads with the whining is probably only a part of it....I can see them being flooded with reporting and pm's complaining as well....(it's a thankless job)

You are correct. When you have to spend an inordinate amount of time on a single issue it simply becomes not worth it. If something can be abused people always find a way to do it.

It's easier to say "fuck it, lets just get rid of it" rather than try to constantly moderate and deal with it on a daily basis.

Making more rules was out of the question.

Just say it in words.
but why Ropey? We don't have to put 'thank you' in words or 'agree' in to words....

there is no Heaven, without hell

there is no good, without bad

the positive can not exist without the negative, and visa versa

yin-yang kind of thing....

We need a ''disagree' or a ''dislike'' or a ''differ'' or a ''nonconcur'' .....

just make the X in blue, maybe it won't be as offensive as the red x.... :D

I don't know why. Ask the boss. I don't have your answer.

I just have my solution.
The "boss has yet to comment other than to click agree on your post above. He didn't have to type out a post. I disagree with you. Why should I have to waste MY time?

I don't know what all happened to make Admin and mods choose to take the red x away, but I can near guarantee you this was not just done on a whim and they have their reasons that we are not privileged to....threads with the whining is probably only a part of it....I can see them being flooded with reporting and pm's complaining as well....(it's a thankless job)

You are correct. When you have to spend an inordinate amount of time on a single issue it simply becomes not worth it. If something can be abused people always find a way to do it.

It's easier to say "fuck it, lets just get rid of it" rather than try to constantly moderate and deal with it on a daily basis.

Wow Jake and Scat whined that hard?

Truth be told, never heard a word from them.

Just say it in words.
Here's where I really miss "Disagree"

A post that goes completely opposite of the opinion many folks here.

I wouldn't want to neg rep it, but simply clicking a little red X would save me some time.
AGREE, I was using and wanted to be able to use the red x if i simply disagreed....Democrat or republican or independent or Libertarian poster, would not matter...but just a disagree, a 'respectfully disagree' kind of thing....but I suppose that is up to each individual....some are using it as a negative rep I suppose.....but I did not have plans to use it in that manner....it simply meant what it said, I 'disagree'.....

Truth be told, never heard a word from them.
Well Fakey is lying on himself because he said he reported the red X abuse.

We don't have the X feature because, like all other toys that us kiddies get to play with, certain posters do not get when to stop being a complete nincompoop.

Following a poster around the site and placing a very deadly little x next to every post they write, eventually got on the mods nerves so bad, that they did what any sane person would do - they put themselves out of our misery.

See, once again, this is why we can't have nice stuff, people.

That was a poor choice the mods made, imo. Take away a visible way to show disagreement from the whole board because of a few whiny idiots/doofus abusers? Why not just take the ability away from the whiny idiots/doofus abusers instead and leave it alone for the rest of us? Dumb move, imo.

The people who are self-described as being "tough" are the ones bellyaching because we don't have a "mommy" tab. I've been on many, in fact most forums I frequent, don't have any "I can't take time to refute this post so I'll reach for the red x tab" Its basically for lazy people or, in many cases, posters who don't have a leg to stand on argument-wise.

Like Ropey said, try typing out a few words. Maybe three to start then work-up from there :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back