We really do need something to replace the red X

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
What we have now is essentially three positives. Even the "informative" one comes off as being positive.
I want something to be able to use, and then immediately see how many "yays" or "nays" a post received.
Well we have a "yays" with redundancies.

The red X was perfect, unfortunately Jake Starkey and a few others whined like little bitches, and the result is now what we have.
It's like having a ballot with three choices and as long as you choose John Smith, you get to vote.

Can we please fix this with either going back to the red X or some other icon to display disagreement ?

Instead of a red x make it a frowny face. Or a wtf face. Or an eh? face. Anything would be better than this thank, agree, informative derpiness.

Now that the kiddies have had their fun, then their tantrum and now a time out I think it should be brought back. Lets see if they learned their lesson :)

Just say it in words.
When a certain misogynist perv creep with homo erotic leanings manages to puke up a thread I liked being able to just x his crap and leave it at that. To respond means to interact with the dirtbag and give him the attention he so desperately desires

Before, when he was just ignored he thought it was acceptance

Just say it in words.
When a certain misogynist perv creep with homo erotic leanings manages to puke up a thread I liked being able to just x his crap and leave it at that. To respond means to interact with the dirtbag and give him the attention he so desperately desires

I now use the 'informative' for more than a few reasons. If I'm giving it to someone I think is a jerk, then I'll post and tell them off and leave an "informative".

From then on, an 'informative' by itself is enough for him to know.

And that's enough for me.

But I hear you. It was easier to neg and give a few choice words. I did that too when we were able.

Just say it in words.
but why Ropey? We don't have to put 'thank you' in words or 'agree' in to words....

there is no Heaven, without hell

there is no good, without bad

the positive can not exist without the negative, and visa versa

yin-yang kind of thing....

We need a ''disagree' or a ''dislike'' or a ''differ'' or a ''nonconcur'' .....

just make the X in blue, maybe it won't be as offensive as the red x.... :D

Just say it in words.

I now use the 'informative' for more than a few reasons. If I'm giving it to someone I think is a jerk, then I'll post and tell them off and leave an "informative".

But I hear you. It was easier to neg and give a few choice words. I did that too when we were able.
I never negged on the old board, especially for that kinda crap. It would only escalate it. Even when I was negged I just ignored it and laughed it off

The redx allowed for the whole board to see people knew what an ass he was with no back and forth with the skank

Just say it in words.
but why Ropey? We don't have to put 'thank you' in words or 'agree' in to words....

there is no Heaven, without hell

there is no good, without bad

the positive can not exist without the negative, and visa versa

yin-yang kind of thing....

We need a ''disagree' or a ''dislike'' or a ''differ'' or a ''nonconcur'' .....

just make the X in blue, maybe it won't be as offensive as the red x.... :D

I don't know why. Ask the boss. I don't have your answer.

I just have my solution.

Just say it in words.

I never negged on the old board, especially for that kinda crap. It would only escalate it. Even when I was negged I just ignored it and laughed it off

The redx allowed for the whole board to see people knew what an ass he was with no back and forth with the skank

I was starting to like it as well, but then, as usual....

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/the-red-x-abuse-question.374036/

^Started in the Announcements thread and was dropped to the Flame Zone after the cry cry begain in earnest.

Just hit the Informative button as a redex substitute.

Eventually, everyone will know.

Then, admin will replace the Informative button with a smilie of a pink kitten.

And then the pink kitten smilie will be the new redex.

You get the idea.

Just say it in words.

I don't agree. We will always have posts to disagree with others, but the red X was a handy little tool to be able to immediately see that others have disagreed with the post.

I do agree with you that it was a handy tool...

...and we don't have it anymore.

So I do what I always do when something is taken away.

I find a way to continue on. :)

I will say it in words.

We don't have the X feature because, like all other toys that us kiddies get to play with, certain posters do not get when to stop being a complete nincompoop.

Following a poster around the site and placing a very deadly little x next to every post they write, eventually got on the mods nerves so bad, that they did what any sane person would do - they put themselves out of our misery.

See, once again, this is why we can't have nice stuff, people.

One thing I liked about the redex was that you could check how many someone gave out. It was pretty funny to see that those complaining about others "vast numbers" of redexes.....had as many as twice that amount themselves. :lol:
So, you're a busy body too? :lol:

One thing I liked about the redex was that you could check how many someone gave out. It was pretty funny to see that those complaining about others "vast numbers" of redexes.....had as many as twice that amount themselves. :lol:
So, you're a busy body too? :lol:
Well, if you call taking a quick peek (and it IS quick)being a "busy body"......ok. :D Tho I will add, it did pull on my curiosity when someone whined about how many redexes someone else had...to see their numbers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back