Zone1 Maybe We Need A Malcolm X Day

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
Malcolm X didn't cheat on his wife. He didn't allegedly rape anyone. He was not an "alcoholic", he didn't "plagiarize." He had no relationship with the Communist Party. Maybe we need to give him a day. Right wingers misuse one sentence he spoke also. Don't try making him a Republican too, because Malcolm X made himself very clear about his political affiliation.

"I am not a Republican, nor a Democrat, nor an American, and got sense enough to know it. I am one of the 22 million black victims of the Democrats, and one of the 22 million black victims of the Republicans, and one of the 22 million black victims of Americanism... You and I have never seen democracy; all we've seen is hypocracy... If you go to jail, so what? If you're black, you were born in jail. If you're black, you were born in jail, in the North as well as the South. Stop talking about the South. Long as you south of the Canadian border, you're south."

It's funny how some see Malcolm X. The same "experts" on human nature that tell us how racism is natural don't seem to understand that anger is a natural outcome when people are abused. People call Malcolm and others like him racists as if blacks are just supposed to have taken what we have endured with a smile. What makes people have this kind of thinking?To think that you get to mistreat people for generations and they should not be angry but be grateful because they are here is evil. Yet these same people make stuff up out of nothing to be angry about even as the government has given them everything. Then people wonder why things get said.

Malcolm X lived in the North, yet he advocated for voting rights. Funny how that happened.

Malcolm X didn't cheat on his wife. He didn't allegedly rape anyone. He was not an "alcoholic", he didn't "plagiarize." He had no relationship with the Communist Party. Maybe we need to give him a day. Right wingers misuse one sentence he spoke also. Don't try making him a Republican too, because Malcolm X made himself very clear about his political affiliation.

"I am not a Republican, nor a Democrat, nor an American, and got sense enough to know it. I am one of the 22 million black victims of the Democrats, and one of the 22 million black victims of the Republicans, and one of the 22 million black victims of Americanism... You and I have never seen democracy; all we've seen is hypocracy... If you go to jail, so what? If you're black, you were born in jail. If you're black, you were born in jail, in the North as well as the South. Stop talking about the South. Long as you south of the Canadian border, you're south."

It's funny how some see Malcolm X. The same "experts" on human nature that tell us how racism is natural don't seem to understand that anger is a natural outcome when people are abused. People call Malcolm and others like him racists as if blacks are just supposed to have taken what we have endured with a smile. What makes people have this kind of thinking?To think that you get to mistreat people for generations and they should not be angry but be grateful because they are here is evil. Yet these same people make stuff up out of nothing to be angry about even as the government has given them everything. Then people wonder why things get said.

Malcolm X lived in the North, yet he advocated for voting rights. Funny how that happened.

I have no problem with that. He was a genuine person. Not motivated by greed nor was he a perpetual victim.

He was a MAN.

Capital idea!

I'd gladly trade that made-up BS Juneteenth holiday for Malcolm X Day.

I look at him sorta like Farrakhan, there's no real gray areas there. I can appreciate that.

Malcolm was a far superior human being compared to that scumbag farrakhan.

I think there should be some commemoration of other people in American history.
Is there even a statue of Nat Turner ? A great freedom fighter who fought against evil.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2

Joe Biden has been a loyal, patriotic American who has been in government and sacrificed so much, for what? 40+ years?

I think a Joe Biden Day is more appropriate!

Malcom X was for racial separation... Is that popular today with Black folks?...
At that time whites were for racial separation and it was the law of the land.

Joe Biden has been a loyal, patriotic American who has been in government and sacrificed so much, for what? 40+ years?

I think a Joe Biden Day is more appropriate!
You're a Canadian. Malcolm X helped change America.

I think there should be some commemoration of other people in American history.
Is there even a statue of Nat Turner ? A great freedom fighter who fought against evil.
No, they made statues of confederates but according to the usual suspects Turner was a murderer, when in fact he was doing the only thing he could too gain his freedom. No different than Paul Revere, Washington , etc.

At that time whites were for racial separation and it was the law of the land.
Not where I grew up... LA and SD both where integrated... they had bussing for middle school and above... In High School sure we had racial strife at times but the group I hung with were all colors... we even had a Russian kid and a few gays as well that were part of our group... if you ask me racial tension is worse today than ever before... ever since Obama stirred the shit up...

No, they made statues of confederates but according to the usual suspects Turner was a murderer, when in fact he was doing the only thing he could too gain his freedom. No different than Paul Revere, Washington , etc.
Ive seen the propaganda.. The winners write history.And then refuse to teach the truth.

• Fact
Not where I grew up... LA and SD both where integrated... they had bussing for middle school and above... In High School sure we had racial strife at times but the group I hung with were all colors... we even had a Russian kid and a few gays as well that were part of our group... if you ask me racial tension is worse today than ever before... ever since Obama stirred the shit up...
Yes it happened in California too. So Obama stirred up whites because he dared to believe he could be president. That tells me a lot about you.

Why do whites like you completely ignore what whites have done, then do the same thing while claiming all that was in the past?

Meh. It's possibly another day off work if you're still doing the 9 to 5 thing, I suppose.

How many more do we need to get a whole week off, just out of curiosity?

• Funny

Forum List

Back