War in Iraq Over! Was it worth the Price?

War in Iraq Over! Was it worth the Price?

• Total voters
War in Iraq Over! Was it worth the Price...the way Bush/Cheney decided to fight it?

I supported invading Iraq. I thought dismantling the whole shebang and staying around Marching Freedom at the point of a gun was a terrible strategy.

What about it -- was the war worth the price?

No, in the end it has ended up not worth the cost, but managed better it could have been much different. IMO

War in Iraq Over! Was it worth the Price...the way Bush/Cheney decided to fight it?

I supported invading Iraq. I thought dismantling the whole shebang and staying around Marching Freedom at the point of a gun was a terrible strategy.

No, in the end it has ended up not worth the cost, but managed better it could have been much different. IMO

agreed.

amazing you can know all that right now...not even the experts, generals in the field, in obama's admin know this...but amazing that you do

Every single person who protested the war could see what was happening. Why didn't the rest of you see what was going on?

At the beginning, when Bush and Cheney were talking about "slam dunk" "WMD's" "secret Iraqi and al Qaeda meetings", I thought Bush was telling the truth.

90% of the troops going to Iraq thought Saddam was connected to 9/11. Are right wingers going to call them "stupid"?

Sarah Palin thought Saddam was behind 9/11 all the way up to the vice presidential debate.

From where did all these people get these ideas?

And the right wing, the stupid fucks they prove themselves to be, put up "miss me yet" bullboards.

Picture-101.png

Poll Finds Almost 90% of US Troops Think Iraq War is Retaliation for 9/11
zogby.com — A LeMoyne College/Zogby International poll shows that high numbers of troops serving in Iraq believe that the war is a response to the now discredited belief that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11 or had substantial links to al Qaeda. — Submitted May 1, 2007

I like the Bush poster.

General Mike Mullen will visit Ankara in exactly 5 hours.
He wants the permission to move US equippment from Iraq over Turkey.

Turkish Foreign Ministry has just released statement.
It says, that permission will be granted, but only non-weapon / non-combat equipment will pass over Turkey.
LINK:'ABD ile aramýzda hiçbir kriz yok' - Hürriyet Dünya

I suppose, that mainly logistics, medics and such thing of the war-machinery will pass over Turkey. Tanks and other things with which the USA has killed innocent Iraqis in a fabricated war will not pass over Turkey.

EDIT:
Main reason of visit is honorary visit for Turkish General Staff, who inaugrated into this post on 30th August 2010.
General Mullen is the first foreign counter-part to make honorary visit.
http://www.tsk.tr/eng/images/org_isik_kosaner_buyuk.jpg

Last edited:
I'm one of only 3 that said that it was "worth the price". The problem is that the American people never really understood what was at stake, and what is still at stake. They were simply lied to. Not so long ago I would have said it was obviously, not worth it from a standpoint of idealism. But from a standpoint of foreign policy it was a just and necessary action with all the unintended consequences that come with the responsibility of being the only nation that has the means to do what needs to be done, and unfortunately, a foothold in the ME with the intention of stabilization via liberal democracy spread by prosperity for future energy security was a necessary goal.

(...) a foothold in the ME with the intention of stabilization via liberal democracy spread by prosperity for future energy security was a necessary goal.

Nice "stabilization".
I'll hang you in the name of liberal democracy.

UNHCR in 2007:
- 4.4 Million Iraqis had to leave their homes.
- 2.2 Million Iraqis are sheltering in neighbouring countries
UN warns of five million Iraqi refugees - Middle East, World - The Independent

Sub-Heading of article:
Half of displaced people have no access to food aid

Last edited:
I'm one of only 3 that said that it was "worth the price". The problem is that the American people never really understood what was at stake, and what is still at stake. They were simply lied to. Not so long ago I would have said it was obviously, not worth it from a standpoint of idealism. But from a standpoint of foreign policy it was a just and necessary action with all the unintended consequences that come with the responsibility of being the only nation that has the means to do what needs to be done, and unfortunately, a foothold in the ME with the intention of stabilization via liberal democracy spread by prosperity for future energy security was a necessary goal.

liberal democracy spread by prosperity?

you're mentally ill if you believe that crock-o-shit

Failed
Days after the US officially ended combat operations and touted Iraq's ability to defend itself, American troops found themselves battling heavily armed militants assaulting an Iraqi military headquarters in the centre of Baghdad on Sunday. The fighting killed 12 people and wounded dozens.
US joins Baghdad battle - Story - World - 3 News

so you're telling me the insurgents have surrendered? nothing has changed from a month ago....wow

The insurgency is an internal situation. Combat missions are over. The military says so, not me.

We invaded Iraq for reasons that had absolutely nothing to do with the insurgency as the insurgency started a-f-t-e-r we invaded Iraq. As a matter of fact, Bush/Cheney military advisers dropped the ball on nipping the insurgency in it's infancy. The rush to Baghdad took precedence. Much has been written on this. Commanders on the ground in the rear of the push to Baghdad are on record.

note: please learn how to respond coherently in threads? it's annoying dealing with the type who learns nothing yet shouts incessantly.

note: Tony Blair is now on record saying he didn't see the future in the way the Iraq war unfolded. Where were he and W.?
If this wasn't bad for the American military in Iraq this would be laughable.

Failed
Days after the US officially ended combat operations and touted Iraq's ability to defend itself, American troops found themselves battling heavily armed militants assaulting an Iraqi military headquarters in the centre of Baghdad on Sunday. The fighting killed 12 people and wounded dozens.

unclear on the concept
:eusa_shhh:

Failed

Damn that fast lol.

Failed

unclear on the concept

UNCLEAR ON THE CONCEPT?

1.They'er still fighting in Iraq people are being killed
2. some of our soildiers have been killed since sept 1

Last edited:
Failed

unclear on the concept

UNCLEAR ON THE CONCEPT?

1.Thjey still fighting in Iraq people are being killed
2. some of our soildiers are been killed since sept 1

Every time a soldier is killed it must be because we are in a war? Combat operations are officially over. Combat operations.

unclear on the concept

UNCLEAR ON THE CONCEPT?

1.Thjey still fighting in Iraq people are being killed
2. some of our soildiers are been killed since sept 1

Every time a soldier is killed it must be because we are in a war? Combat operations are officially over. Combat operations.

ROLFMAO never thought I would see this day. The far left defending this. This makes it all worth it. Just to see this.

New Topics

Forum List

Back