War in Iraq Over! Was it worth the Price?

War in Iraq Over! Was it worth the Price?

• Total voters

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
War in Iraq Over! Was it worth the Price...the way Bush/Cheney decided to fight it?

I supported invading Iraq. I thought dismantling the whole shebang and staying around Marching Freedom at the point of a gun was a terrible strategy.

What about it -- was the war worth the price?

No.

Why no?

We'll be paying for decades, a generation of Americans are maimed. Why? Iraq will end up with what they need and it is said they actually desire -- a strongman government. Just not Saddam. Maybe Saddam lite.

so you're telling me the insurgents have surrendered? nothing has changed from a month ago....wow

The insurgency is an internal situation. Combat missions are over. The military says so, not me.

We invaded Iraq for reasons that had absolutely nothing to do with the insurgency as the insurgency started a-f-t-e-r we invaded Iraq. As a matter of fact, Bush/Cheney military advisers dropped the ball on nipping the insurgency in it's infancy. The rush to Baghdad took precedence. Much has been written on this. Commanders on the ground in the rear of the push to Baghdad are on record.

note: please learn how to respond coherently in threads? it's annoying dealing with the type who learns nothing yet shouts incessantly.

note: Tony Blair is now on record saying he didn't see the future in the way the Iraq war unfolded. Where were he and W.?

Last edited:
War in Iraq Over! Was it worth the Price...the way Bush/Cheney decided to fight it?

I supported invading Iraq. I thought dismantling the whole shebang and staying around Marching Freedom at the point of a gun was a terrible strategy.

What about it -- was the war worth the price?

I thought it was over when Bush said "Mission Accomplished." 7 years too late right?

Or was there ever a war? Technically unless congress declares a state of war, America is not at war. :lol::lol::lol:

so you're telling me the insurgents have surrendered? nothing has changed from a month ago....wow

The insurgency is an internal situation. Combat missions are over. The military says so, not me.

We invaded Iraq for reasons that had absolutely nothing to do with the insurgency as the insurgency started a-f-t-e-r we invaded Iraq. As a matter of fact, Bush/Cheney military advisers dropped the ball on nipping the insurgency in it's infancy. The rush to Baghdad took precedence. Much has been written on this. Commanders on the ground in the rear of the push to Baghdad are on record.

note: please learn how to respond coherently in threads? it's annoying dealing with the type who learns nothing yet shouts incessantly.

note: Tony Blair is now on record saying he didn't see the future in the way the Iraq war unfolded. Where were he and W.?

what on the ground in iraq has changed? besides obama's political talk, i see nothing has change....the insurgency is still killing people just like before....the true "war" (undeclared) was over when we toppled saddam and his forces...then the insurgency began....so according to you, that is only internal and since its still continuing....nothing has changed

i also think it is far, far to early to judge iraq...

NO!

Iraq is quite possibly the worst mistake this country has ever made (with the exception of the Native American Genocide and allowing slavery, but not by much). You have the US's kneeldown to global corporate interests to thank for it, too.

I protested this war profusely, and to this day, condemn the disaster that was the Bush administration. Looks like us "traitors" and "surrender monkeys" were absolutely right, huh.

NO!

Iraq is quite possibly the worst mistake this country has ever made (with the exception of the Native American Genocide and allowing slavery, but not by much). You have the US's kneeldown to global corporate interests to thank for it, too.

I protested this war profusely, and to this day, condemn the disaster that was the Bush administration. Looks like us "traitors" and "surrender monkeys" were absolutely right, huh.

how are you right?

how are you right?

That the war & the Bush administration was/is a mistake and under no circumstances did we have any right or business invading a sovereign nation. We will pay out the nose for that debacle for centuries, probably.

how are you right?

That the war & the Bush administration was/is a mistake and under no circumstances did we have any right or business invading a sovereign nation. We will pay out the nose for that debacle for centuries, probably.

amazing you can know all that right now...not even the experts, generals in the field, in obama's admin know this...but amazing that you do

I doubt it. Once the US is out of Iraq, things will return to normal. A political struggle will end with a dictatorial government taking control.

Iraq must determine it's own future without American influence which is not likely to happen.

Know body knows,only time will tell,its up to the people of that country to decide what they will do for themselves,an opportunity that they didn't have for a very long time.

amazing you can know all that right now...not even the experts, generals in the field, in obama's admin know this...but amazing that you do

Every single person who protested the war could see what was happening. Why didn't the rest of you see what was going on?

Every single person who protested the war could see what was happening. Why didn't the rest of you see what was going on?

At the beginning, when Bush and Cheney were talking about "slam dunk" "WMD's" "secret Iraqi and al Qaeda meetings", I thought Bush was telling the truth.

90% of the troops going to Iraq thought Saddam was connected to 9/11. Are right wingers going to call them "stupid"?

Sarah Palin thought Saddam was behind 9/11 all the way up to the vice presidential debate.

From where did all these people get these ideas?

And the right wing, the stupid fucks they prove themselves to be, put up "miss me yet" bullboards.

Picture-101.png

Poll Finds Almost 90% of US Troops Think Iraq War is Retaliation for 9/11
zogby.com — A LeMoyne College/Zogby International poll shows that high numbers of troops serving in Iraq believe that the war is a response to the now discredited belief that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11 or had substantial links to al Qaeda. — Submitted May 1, 2007

how are you right?

you need to get out more often.

New Topics

Forum List

Back