War in Iraq Over! Was it worth the Price?

War in Iraq Over! Was it worth the Price?

• Total voters
Back to the OP. When you consider that the #1 foreign policy objective of the United States is control of central asia, then, yes, the Iraq war was worth every penny. Sadly, most of you don't have a clue what you, your friends, your children actually even fought for. Empire is not a word well liked in a democratic society, but unforntunately, it is the glue that keeps this planet from descending into chaos.

Well you have fun failing at that as I promise you will.

Back to the OP. When you consider that the #1 foreign policy objective of the United States is control of central asia, then, yes, the Iraq war was worth every penny. Sadly, most of you don't have a clue what you, your friends, your children actually even fought for. Empire is not a word well liked in a democratic society, but unforntunately, it is the glue that keeps this planet from descending into chaos.
:cuckoo:

Iraq is not in Central Asia. The goal of US FP is NOT control of CA. And the FP decisions in CA are not the #1 objective.

If you could get anything more wrong it would be amazing

Iraq is not in Central Asia. The goal of US FP is NOT control of CA. And the FP decisions in CA are not the #1 objective.

He got the location wrong, but his point about why we went is valid. It was about control of the region.

Dante,

BTW you might want to look into that bigoted, raged infused hate thing you got going on towards Conservatives, it’s blinding your ability to make a thoughtful or even intelligent sounding post in your own thread.

BTW, some of my best friends are Conservatives. :lol:

Cool, do you talk to them like you do people to people here? Or do you realize in person you would look like a twat and prolly get laughed at?

Republican presidents have been becoming more and more liberal over that last half century. Realize your hate for them is actually hate for liberal minded people.

Compare your most "Conservative" Republican President in the last half century to Harding/Coolidge... Yeah, pretty much polar opposites...

People I talk too are not as pathetic as fools here. I would think most here talk the bs they spout here, albeit in a different manner. You people are the people others run away from, but you're too fuckin' caught up in your own hysteria and bullshit to see the obvious hints.

In public I have people always saying they like what I say and how I say it, even when they may disagree. I do not try to change minds, I just try and lay out facts and differing perspectives as I take a side -- often one far removed from the left or the right.

To try and compare Conservatives from so long ago to ones today is ridiculous. The country has changed. You just don't get it -- and that is par for the course here.

Very few of you here have any clue how fuckin' crazy you sound. And that is a good thing.

You people serve as the canary in the cage for the rest of the public.

He got the location wrong, but his point about why we went is valid. It was about control of the region.

Control, no. Stabilization, yes.

Bush/Cheney went in and maybe thought about control (I have no proof of that scenario), but that ideal was argued against by realities on the ground. As history shows, control of a region is a losing battle. The USSR lost it's power trying to control just one or two nations in that region. A historical error would be a policy continued in that way. Stabilization, not control, is what the USA seeks. Otherwise we would overthrow regimes we do not like, and then prop up regimes that we do who would do what we told them to do when we told them to do it.

For all the troubles caused in Afghanistan by our overthrow of the Taliban, we do not control their latest government, but we do have influence. And our influence wanes as we back off supporting a democratically elected government.

The USA never could control Central America or South America. Educated policy wonks know it's about stabilization and not control.

Next time just fire a few nukes and blow up the middle east. Then move on to Latin America while they are still pissing in their pants.

Why do we even have those stupid things if we don't use them once in a while.

Last edited:

:eusa_whistle:

War in Iraq Over! Was it worth the Price...the way Bush/Cheney decided to fight it?

I supported invading Iraq. I thought dismantling the whole shebang and staying around Marching Freedom at the point of a gun was a terrible strategy.

What about it -- was the war worth the price?

War in Iraq Over! Was it worth the Price...the way Bush/Cheney decided to fight it?

I supported invading Iraq. I thought dismantling the whole shebang and staying around Marching Freedom at the point of a gun was a terrible strategy.

What about it -- was the war worth the price?

:party:

another loser without an argument.

:lol:

nothing is over, it is far from over ,its no more over than when bush declared it over

Funny I thought I heard bush say Mission accomplished. When the mission was removing Saddam, then proceed to tell us, in the same speech, that we had a long hard road ahead of us still.

nothing is over, it is far from over ,its no more over than when bush declared it over

Technically Bush was correct. Mission Accomplished. A mission is not necessarily the battle or the war.

Funny I thought I heard bush say Mission accomplished. When the mission was removing Saddam, then proceed to tell us, in the same speech, that we had a long hard road ahead of us still.

Technically Bush was correct. Mission Accomplished. A mission is not necessarily the battle or the war.

:eek:

Forum List

Back