Vietnam comparison

I'm with that. But we only pull in Youssou N'Dour for questioning right? Him being an international artist and all that.

Just questioning? Pansy.

It is plain as day.
"International Artist" - take out the "a" and add one "t," one "e," one "o," and two of the letter "r" - and what do you get?

"International Terrorist"

Really, could his role in the global Islamic terrorist conspiracy be any clearer?

Just questioning? Pansy.

It is plain as day.
"International Artist" - take out the "a" and add one "t," one "e," one "o," and two of the letter "r" - and what do you get?

"International Terrorist"

Really, could his role in the global Islamic terrorist conspiracy be any clearer?

I was way off base I guess, I was thinking the quakers. Its always the quiet ones!

<center><h1><font color=blue>George W. Bush...Right about Viet Nam, for the wrong reason</font></h1></center>

In drawing an analogy between Viet Nam and Iraq, Bush was right, but not for the reasons that have sprung from the voices in his head.

The lessons from Viet Nam have more to do with the consequences of starting an war on the basis of flawed, spun and cooked intel, as was done with the passage of the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution...as was done with the Bush administration's justifications for invading Iraq.

The consequences of the withdrawal from Viet Nam were a direct result of the flawed reasoning behind the war to begin with. We see the same political decisions behind the strategy, or lack thereof, in Viet Nam as we see behind the failed strategies in Iraq.

The consequences of withdrawal from Iraq will be no different if Bush and his administration remain as stubbornly intransigent about refusing to engage with those nations which border Iraq and the region as they have to date. The region will be further destabilized and the current proxy war between Sunni Saudi Arabia and Shi'ia Iraq could explode into a hot war threatening not only the region, but the world at large. The sectarian violence, some would say civil war, would explode into an orgy of death and destruction. Why? Because Bush went into Iraq for no reason other than he could and he and his neo-con supporters cooked the intel to get their way...A war of choice for specious reasons...Just like Viet Nam. Should we expect any difference, then, in the outcome?

The consequences of withdrawal from Iraq will be no different if Bush and his administration remain as stubbornly intransigent about refusing to engage with those nations which border Iraq and the region as they have to date.

Engage them ?? With WHAT ?

No sweat---they're BIG into reasoned diplomacy.

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE KIDDING ???

are you suggesting that we just forget about diplomacy as a means of settling issues between us and any arab state?

do you really think that the way to get muslims to stop trying to kill us is by killing muslims? Are you actually prepared to kill all one billion of them? Will you start with the 9 million living HERE?

No sweat---they're BIG into reasoned diplomacy.

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE KIDDING ???

No...they are Muslim so they are just crazy terrorists, right? Ignore the fact that they have reasoned diplomacy with many other nations around the world, just not us.

No...they are Muslim so they are just crazy terrorists, right? Ignore the fact that they have reasoned diplomacy with many other nations around the world, just not us.

And they don't WANT diplomacy with US unless we totally capitulate. Have you heard any terms upon which they would be willing to "deal " ? Of course not. They don't have to deal with people who are already surrendering. If I'm in a fight with someone who already plans on heading home, why bother? I just wait em out.

Okay, if what you meant by that is that there is at least one Islamic terrorist on each of these continents, I agree with you.

Scientologists are everywhere too. I find them nearly as scary.

Ya I can see your point, I mean those pesky Scientoligists are prone to blow up innocent people in crowded places and drive air craft into sky scrapers after all.

Irans really big problems are the resource distribution. They have a serious poverty problem AND problems with drug addictions and prostitution. They are facing the same social problems many nations face and the govt just hasnt come through for them as promised...this is what truly threatens to become a full scale revolution.

America is actually HELPING the current leadership by creating a new enemy they must unite against.

If they were left alone to deal with their inner demons instead of having to spend too much time defending against outside demons...we would probably see better progress inside Iran.

Hey write to them and explain how legalizing drugs will solve all their problems like in the US.

I find radical Christians and Jews just as frightening. Extremists control the conflicts because we have extremists in charge all over the world really....unless populations in the respective countries deal with their own extremist govts, we probably wont make any real headway.

I find our own american govt to be quite extremist, so is Israels. Between them they represent quite a bit of military might and power and are racking up their body counts as well.

Simple MORONIC Drivel. Comparing the US to terrorists is ignorant at best. That you actually believe this garbage is ridiculous.

And people like Reilly give you a pass on these moronic statements.

Simple MORONIC Drivel. Comparing the US to terrorists is ignorant at best. That you actually believe this garbage is ridiculous.

And people like Reilly give you a pass on these moronic statements.

You didn't like the Tom Cruise joke?

Everything is in the eye of the beholder. Accept that many people around the world view the actions that the US and Israel take as illegitimate and deadly. From their point of view, there is a reason for this. We see things from a more complex and nuanced view because it is our actions that are being condemned. Be sure that others emulate our approach. It is human nature.

Before you get started, note that I am not saying that we are the same as Islamic terrorists. I am an American, and I like almost all other Americans, see our (and Israel's) actions in a much more nuanced view than would a Palestinian refugee whose child has been killed by Israeli Defense Forces..

And they don't WANT diplomacy with US unless we totally capitulate. Have you heard any terms upon which they would be willing to "deal " ? Of course not. They don't have to deal with people who are already surrendering. If I'm in a fight with someone who already plans on heading home, why bother? I just wait em out.

I think Syria and Iran and other Muslim states care about more than whether the US heads home or not.

Forum List

Back