Vietnam comparison

No shit--they also want Israel bombed out of existence.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't that crazy motherfucker in North Korea willing to partake in diplomatic efforts. He is a whole hell of a lot more batshit crazy than any head of state in the Middle East.

You didn't like the Tom Cruise joke?

Everything is in the eye of the beholder. Accept that many people around the world view the actions that the US and Israel take as illegitimate and deadly. From their point of view, there is a reason for this. We see things from a more complex and nuanced view because it is our actions that are being condemned. Be sure that others emulate our approach. It is human nature.

Before you get started, note that I am not saying that we are the same as Islamic terrorists. I am an American, and I like almost all other Americans, see our (and Israel's) actions in a much more nuanced view than would a Palestinian refugee whose child has been killed by Israeli Defense Forces..

Tom Cruise is a fool and dangerous but not in the same manner as a terrorist. His ignorant rants on mental health issues are dangerous because people believe his stupidity. It is NOT funny to claim in thread on terrorism that he is as dangerous as a suicide bomber, nor is it acceptable to simply ignore Ruby when she posts drivel like what I quoted. You lose credibility when you can not find the time or effort to make note of the lies, misconceptions or ignorance of people you normally support. I always make it a point, when I see a post by ANYONE, that makes a ridiculous claim to point it out and oppose it. You would seem to be joining Maineman and Larkinn , they are of the opinion , any ally is a good ally. ( well larkinn actually just always manages to "miss" the ignorant posts and claims he doesn't support them.)

No shit--they also want Israel bombed out of existence.

And you want to invade Arab states for strategic purposes. Neither of you will get your wish, thankfully. Iran and Syria will not attack Israel again, they know what will happen. The anti-Israel rhetoric is a way for their leaders to gain more populist support. So how about we stop ostracizing them and bring them into the international community so maybe their views get a bit less crazy, hey?

Tom Cruise is a fool and dangerous but not in the same manner as a terrorist. His ignorant rants on mental health issues are dangerous because people believe his stupidity. It is NOT funny to claim in thread on terrorism that he is as dangerous as a suicide bomber, nor is it acceptable to simply ignore Ruby when she posts drivel like what I quoted. You lose credibility when you can not find the time or effort to make note of the lies, misconceptions or ignorance of people you normally support. I always make it a point, when I see a post by ANYONE, that makes a ridiculous claim to point it out and oppose it. You would seem to be joining Maineman and Larkinn , they are of the opinion , any ally is a good ally. ( well larkinn actually just always manages to "miss" the ignorant posts and claims he doesn't support them.)

And when was the last time you argued with a conservative RGS?

And you want to invade Arab states for strategic purposes. Neither of you will get your wish, thankfully. Iran and Syria will not attack Israel again, they know what will happen. The anti-Israel rhetoric is a way for their leaders to gain more populist support. So how about we stop ostracizing them and bring them into the international community so maybe their views get a bit less crazy, hey?

AHHHHH it's only a bluff !!!!! And here I thought there was something dangerous going on. :rolleyes:

So you really didn't like the Tom Cruise joke?

From time to time, I will disagree with Ruby, or Maineman (did it today in fact). It just happens that I agree with them much more frequently than I disagree with them.

Even in the post you are so outraged about, Ruby makes decent points that reflect the opinions of most of the world. What exactly did she say? She said she finds our government and that of Israel to be extremist. I don't know that I disagree with that. We are definitely not extremist in the way that AQ is extremist, but then again, the term is relative.

The last time Alucard attacked Maineman's service I believe. Other than that I haven't seen any thing to argue about.

I disagree with Joyce, Lieberalism and Bushlover all the time. Those three are a disgrace. But I think Lieberalism is a put up. I sure hope there isn't anyone that delusional out there, free and able to breed.

I disagree with Joyce, Lieberalism and Bushlover all the time. Those three are a disgrace. But I think Lieberalism is a put up. I sure hope there isn't anyone that delusional out there, free and able to breed.

Lmao...you disagree with the board racist, and two people who say shit who are so far right they are almost left. Congratulations!

by Dillo
AHHHHH it's only a bluff !!!!! And here I thought there was something dangerous going on.

Oh its definitely dangerous. But turning our heads away and pretending they aren't real people doesn't do much to defuse the situation.

Just questioning? Pansy.

It is plain as day.
"International Artist" - take out the "a" and add one "t," one "e," one "o," and two of the letter "r" - and what do you get?

"International Terrorist"

Really, could his role in the global Islamic terrorist conspiracy be any clearer?

There's a call from Langley for you, they've got a job offer :rofl:

I dont see how the US can resolve it in a good way while also being as biased as we are where Israel (Israel/Palestine conflict) is concerned...this is somthing that destroys our credibility in the region as people who can be trusted to resolve anything in the region in a good way.

BTW, one of the comparisons I think of between Vietnam and Iraq is that both wars were started based on a lie. The Tonkin incident was a lie and so were the WMD rationale we used to invade Iraq.

Wrong, and wrong.

• Don't you think
  • a godd solution in Iraq might spin further to Israel/Palestine? Through all those years of fighting no side has in a uniform way shut the door completley. Most of them know that they must coexist.

From now on I won't bother talking about how and why the war. Not until it is over.

• No, she doesn't.

And they don't WANT diplomacy with US unless we totally capitulate. Have you heard any terms upon which they would be willing to "deal " ? Of course not. They don't have to deal with people who are already surrendering. If I'm in a fight with someone who already plans on heading home, why bother? I just wait em out.

Actually, it seem to more a case of our getting out of the way so they can get on with the business of killing each other. Historically, that's how movements such as those of Al Qaeda and its franchisees wind up. Each faction fighting the other for power, which dissipates the energy of their 'causes' and makes them, in the end far easier to uproot and kill than when they have a large well defined target...like US forces occupying a Muslim nation...to focus their energies upon. It is the very presence of US troops on Muslim soil which have been a rallying cry and provided countless numbers of new recruits to the cause.

As for "waiting them out", that's how insurgencies succeed, and with their success, they start eating their own.

Lmao...you disagree with the board racist, and two people who say shit who are so far right they are almost left. Congratulations!

Oh its definitely dangerous. But turning our heads away and pretending they aren't real people doesn't do much to defuse the situation.

You of course missed all the times I called out Red State Rules, Alucard, I even disagreed with Gunny L a time or 2. You can not even muster a reply to someone claiming American soldiers are mass murderers.

Forum List

Back