Vietnam comparison

Irans really big problems are the resource distribution. They have a serious poverty problem AND problems with drug addictions and prostitution. They are facing the same social problems many nations face and the govt just hasnt come through for them as promised...this is what truly threatens to become a full scale revolution.

America is actually HELPING the current leadership by creating a new enemy they must unite against.

If they were left alone to deal with their inner demons instead of having to spend too much time defending against outside demons...we would probably see better progress inside Iran.

You have this notion that if Americans leave the mideast to it's own devices that they are all gonna stay in their own little part of the world and leave everyone else alone. It's your arguments' fatal flaw.

Has there been a change in defining the enemy lately? I mean the comparison between Vietnam and Iraq was clearly bad because it sent the wrong message to the enemy. Now it is important that the enemy knows.

"I also happen to think that analogy sends the wrong message to our troops, and sends the wrong message to the enemy"

and

"We must remember the words of the enemy. We must listen to what they say. Bin Laden has declared that "the war [in Iraq] is for you or us to win. If we win it, it means your disgrace and defeat forever." Iraq is one of several fronts in the war on terror -- but it's the central front -- it's the central front for the enemy that attacked us and wants to attack us again. And it's the central front for the United States and to withdraw without getting the job done would be devastating."

What has changed? Is there now a more coherent and organized force opposing the Iraq effort? Much like it was with Vietnam?

Sure I do-----they CRAVE martydom. It's the perfect chance for them to make it to heaven.

The region must accomodate such a thing because they can't play without killing people in other regions. If they wanna just kill each other in their own little world, thats there business. Ther problem is-----THEY WANNA KILL OR CONVERT YOU. Just ask any of em.

Ok just asked my neighbor who is muslim, he laughed :) He dosent seem like he wants to convert me or kill me, but those christians who knocked on my door last week said they wanted to convert me (I didnt ask if they planned on killing me if I refused, I just assumed they wouldnt)!

Your bigotry is started to GLOW in neon at this point!

You have this notion that if Americans leave the mideast to it's own devices that they are all gonna stay in their own little part of the world and leave everyone else alone. It's your arguments' fatal flaw.

Well, it would be her argument's fatal flaw, if that were her argument, which you know it is not. At least try to be honest.

Maybe it would help if you clarified what you meant by "everywhere." Are you speaking geographically? Demographically? Demographically at what concentration?

What exactly are you saying?

I'm saying that terrorists cells are set up all over the world. The notion that Afghanistan is the only place they exist is ludicrous. When the enemy is mobile we must be mobile. I don't relish the idea of pulling back to our borders and being a sitting duck.

Well what govts have they overthrown outside their region? How many coups in other regions have they staged? How many nations outside their region have they invaded? You seem to say they will do these things but I dont see any pattern of such behavior. Of course if we were to ask those SAME questions about us...we find we DO have the pattern of behavior we fear from them.

I guess its a just a classic case of projection, we fear others will be as bad as we are and subject us to what we subject them to!

Ok just asked my neighbor who is muslim, he laughed :) He dosent seem like he wants to convert me or kill me, but those christians who knocked on my door last week said they wanted to convert me (I didnt ask if they planned on killing me if I refused, I just assumed they wouldnt)!

Your bigotry is started to GLOW in neon at this point!

Don't make that assumptions about Muslims----they are permitted by thier religion to lie to you.

I'm saying that terrorists cells are set up all over the world.

Okay, but that still doesn't help me with your definition of everywhere, unless you just mean there are terrorist cells on each continent or in each country. I am pretty sure that there are Scientologist churches on most continents and in many countries, but I wouldn't say they are everywhere.

The notion that Afghanistan is the only place they exist is ludicrous.

My god, your intellectual dishonesty is astounding. Who has ever said this?

I'm saying that terrorists cells are set up all over the world. The notion that Afghanistan is the only place they exist is ludicrous. When the enemy is mobile we must be mobile. I don't relish the idea of pulling back to our borders and being a sitting duck.

So you want a mobile war where we just attack various nations all over the globe? I doubt we could get away with that for very long.

Brilliant plan :rolleyes:

Don't make that assumptions about Muslims----they are permitted by thier religion to lie to you.

You are a fucking joke. I have Muslim friends. I guess it is possible that their only objective is to convert me or kill me, but.... wait, no it isn't. You're just a fucking lunatic!

Well what govts have they overthrown outside their region? How many coups in other regions have they staged? How many nations outside their region have they invaded? You seem to say they will do these things but I dont see any pattern of such behavior. Of course if we were to ask those SAME questions about us...we find we DO have the pattern of behavior we fear from them.

I guess its a just a classic case of projection, we fear others will be as bad as we are and subject us to what we subject them to!

AHHHH--we gotta wait til it happens before we act---good plan

Really, I treasure you. I don't know where they grow ignorant tools like you, but I think it should be a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

What a fucking nutjob you are.

Really, I treasure you. I don't know where they grow ignorant tools like you, but I think it should be a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

What a fucking nutjob you are.

won't you feel silly when you discover the that what I say is true. Go check it out and get back with me.

won't you feel silly when you discover the that what I say is true. Go check it out and get back with me.

Well, I guess when my good Muslim friend cuts my throat while I sleep, I will have a flash of enlightenment, and I will think of you.

Of course, then he will need a new best man when he marries his second and third wives.

Schmuck!

Well, I guess when my good Muslim friend cuts my throat while I sleep, I will have a flash of enlightenment, and I will think of you.

Of course, then he will need a new best man when he marries his second and third wives.

Schmuck!

EVERY MUSLIM DOES NOT PRACTICE THEIR RELIGION AS WRITTEN-- NOR DO CHRISTIANS. AS WRITTEN--- ISLAM CONDONES KILLING. CHRISTIANITY DOES NOT.

Forum List

Back