Vice Admiral: Obama was outmaneuvered by Russians on START

Nuclear weapons aren't ever going away until they become useless.

The only way to end nuclear proliferation is to make nuclear weapons more trouble than they are worth.

They actually already are..part of the reason for this treaty is the help the Russians get a handle on their inventory so one doesn't fall into the hands of a terrorist (Which is a very real possibility because the economy in Russia is still catching up).

Nukes are a tough business...you just can't build them and leave them. They have to be maintained..and that isn't cheap.

It's part of the reason Libya gave up on them.

North Korea and Iran belie that argument.

Well not really.

North Korea may have done a test recently where they blew up a mountain top. From what I can gather it looks like the testers may have gotten blown up too. It looks like they may have several very crude nukes they can't really launch very far..because they have a crappy delivery system. And Iran is behind North Korea in terms of that sort of technology.

Add in..having the Russians on our side to exude pressure on these countries essentially guarantees that the production of nukes will be severly hindered if not stopped completely.

They actually already are..part of the reason for this treaty is the help the Russians get a handle on their inventory so one doesn't fall into the hands of a terrorist (Which is a very real possibility because the economy in Russia is still catching up).

Nukes are a tough business...you just can't build them and leave them. They have to be maintained..and that isn't cheap.

It's part of the reason Libya gave up on them.

North Korea and Iran belie that argument.

Well not really.

North Korea may have done a test recently where they blew up a mountain top. From what I can gather it looks like the testers may have gotten blown up too. It looks like they may have several very crude nukes they can't really launch very far..because they have a crappy delivery system. And Iran is behind North Korea in terms of that sort of technology.

Add in..having the Russians on our side to exude pressure on these countries essentially guarantees that the production of nukes will be severly hindered if not stopped completely.

The Russians are on nobody's side but the Russians. They are still very embarrassed by the perception that they lost the Cold War.

George W. Bush was duped by Putin, and now Obama has been duped.

We will be far better off politically when we stop underestimating the Russians.

Just like I'm still waiting on you to refute mine? Like you did in that FOX News thread? Where I proceeded to pwn the shit outta you?

You think conservatism is dead:lol::cuckoo: That pretty much killed of what was left of any credibility you once had dude, so don't try to grandstand.

I'll take that as an 'I can't refute it'. Fair enough, so STFU, schoolboy.

This is one of those classic wingnut issues, where, pretty much, when all is said and done, the only ones left on the nay side of the issue are a bunch of rightwing internet crackpots.

This isn't even anything to get worked up about. Obama cut funding for Missile defense. It doesn't work..it's expensive..and it's provocative.

How is finding a way to defend against incoming missles provocative?

Don't you think we are paying to high a price to have a defense system to stop incoming?? If we cannot defend against terrorists at our airports due to costs, how can we defend spending billions to defend against a threat that has never happened?

That would be a complete change of subject. I didn't ask whether you thought it was a good or bad idea. That would be up for debate. The question is how is defending against missles provocative?

Is it provacative when the police wear Bullet Proof vests, or is it just good common sense?

This is one of those classic wingnut issues, where, pretty much, when all is said and done, the only ones left on the nay side of the issue are a bunch of rightwing internet crackpots.

Said by someone who cant even explain why the agreement is needed or how we benefit from it.

This isn't the 1970s cold war. This is a different decade, a different century, Heck a different millinium. Maybe we should focus on finding solutions for todays problems instead?

Fail Prez. is FAIL.:bang3:

and yet, every past president and every secretary of state of BOTH parties said that the treaty was imperative.

hack. :cuckoo:

So in other words, YOU can't refute the points made by my OP and since.:lol:

Sweetie you're a joke, and everyone can see it.

You pop in to shoot your lil zingers, but will likely not stick around, cuz you don't have your lil drive by spammers to aid you now looks like.

I see this, and so do the mods who tore Luissa, and your sad lil self to pieces in the "What happened to this place" thread in Announcements.

Sorry to see that your PMS is so hard, but stop taking it out on me, that's already what has you on my pwned list.

Run along now.

The Russians are on nobody's side but the Russians. They are still very embarrassed by the perception that they lost the Cold War.

George W. Bush was duped by Putin, and now Obama has been duped.

We will be far better off politically when we stop underestimating the Russians.

No one is being "duped" by anyone. It was in George Bush's interest to be on favorable terms with the Russians. And he had the best person in the world on Russian affairs, Condolezza Rice, advising him. It is in Barack Obama's interest to be on favorable terms with the Russians. They are adversaries..but it makes no sense to make them enemies.

It is in Barack Obama's interest to be on favorable terms with the Russians. They are adversaries..but it makes no sense to make them enemies.

face it folks, we as a country are doomed.

the friggen bleeding hearts useful idiots and our enemies WITHIN are gonna get us ALL KILLED. stock up and take cover.

Russian lawmakers gave preliminary approval Friday to an arms agreement with the United States, but signaled they would slow progress on the so-called New START treaty to a crawl after it was rushed through Congress earlier this week with some 11th-hour arm-twisting by President Obama.

The treaty cleared an initial hurdle through Moscow's lower house of parliament, but a senior lawmaker said the treaty won't get full approval until at least next month.

Konstantin Kosachev, head of the State Duma's foreign affairs committee, said that the treaty would need a total of three required readings before it can be fully ratified. He said full ratification could only happen next month "at the earliest."

The assessment seems to put the brakes on the document Obama called a top priority as he whipped up the Republican votes needed to pass it before the end of the lame-duck session.

Read more: Russia Puts Off Final OK of START Treaty to January - FoxNews.com
Duped.

The Russians are going to take their time, debate, and may sure the treaty is in their best interests.

Wow, what a novel idea.

Last edited:
We could have been Rome, instead we're a fucking crack whore making $2 deals with any John.

Russia is a joke, a total fucking joke. They're lucky if they have 10 working ICBM's, they have one (1) reliable conventional division that the USS Ronald Reagan can dispatch in 15 minutes. All they have is the suitcase nukes they've prepositioned here and in response we're going to cut back our ICBM's.

Obama's taking orders from Putin, there's no other explanation

Fail Prez. is FAIL.:bang3:

and yet, every past president and every secretary of state of BOTH parties said that the treaty was imperative.

hack. :cuckoo:

So in other words, YOU can't refute the points made by my OP and since.:lol:

Sweetie you're a joke, and everyone can see it.

You pop in to shoot your lil zingers, but will likely not stick around, cuz you don't have your lil drive by spammers to aid you now looks like.

I see this, and so do the mods who tore Luissa, and your sad lil self to pieces in the "What happened to this place" thread in Announcements.

Sorry to see that your PMS is so hard, but stop taking it out on me, that's already what has you on my pwned list.

Run along now.

You're a liberal plant to make conservatives look bad, right? Fess up.

We could have been Rome, instead we're a fucking crack whore making $2 deals with any John.

Russia is a joke, a total fucking joke. They're lucky if they have 10 working ICBM's, they have one (1) reliable conventional division that the USS Ronald Reagan can dispatch in 15 minutes. All they have is the suitcase nukes they've prepositioned here and in response we're going to cut back our ICBM's.

Obama's taking orders from Putin, there's no other explanation

All the 'Rushin' to get this pushed through and now this:

Russia Puts Off Final OK of START Treaty to January

How is finding a way to defend against incoming missles provocative?

Don't you think we are paying to high a price to have a defense system to stop incoming?? If we cannot defend against terrorists at our airports due to costs, how can we defend spending billions to defend against a threat that has never happened?

That would be a complete change of subject. I didn't ask whether you thought it was a good or bad idea. That would be up for debate. The question is how is defending against missles provocative?

Is it provacative when the police wear Bullet Proof vests, or is it just good common sense?

It's provocative because it undermines mutually assured destruction, the best deterrent to war in the history of mankind.

The Obama isn't a dupe, he knew EXACTLY what he was doing...he just sold us out to Russians.

gives ya all a tingle like the one Up Chrissy Matthews leg?

Forum List

Back