Vegetarian Recipes Here!

I'm probably never going to give up meat unless I'm bitten by a Lone Star tick...but...

Vegetarian meals are great for camping, and a lot of them are delicious.

Great thread. :thup:

I can't have beans. So I stick with taters, mini peppers (they are like bell peppers but smaller), carrots, turkey bacon, flour tortillas, eggs, cheese now and then. Roll that up in a tort and instant meal.

That sounds good. Can you have chickpeas?

Last edited:
I'm probably never going to give up meat unless I'm bitten by a Lone Star tick...but...

Vegetarian meals are great for camping, and a lot of them are delicious.

Great thread. :thup:

My left eye starts twitching when I smell barbecue ribs or brisket. lol

I think that's the only time I crave meat now.

I was a decent cook before, but now I'm really creative. :)

Dairy products are not vegan. Eggs come from chickens, cheese comes from animals. If you expect to have complete proteins in your diet, your choices are gonna be very limited. Soybeans, and they're not the best quality protein either.

Dairy products are not vegan. Eggs come from chickens, cheese comes from animals. If you expect to have complete proteins in your diet, your choices are gonna be very limited. Soybeans, and they're not the best quality protein either.

This is a vegetarian/vegan thread, as stated in the OP. There are plenty of ways to get protein as a vegan.

Legumes, nuts, chickpeas, beans, quinoa, and seitan are a few examples of where you can get your protein.

You can get protein from leafy greens.

Last edited:

This is a vegetarian/vegan thread. There are plenty of ways to get protein as a vegan.

Legumes, nuts, chickpeas, beans, quinoa, and seitan are a few examples of where you can get your protein.

Incomplete proteins mostly, missing essential amino acids necessary to support life. Even the few nuts, beans, etc. that are complete proteins are of poor quality. Your body can't use much of it. And a vegetarian diet is also high in carbohydrates which leads to high levels of ldl cholesterol and can cause serious health problems.

This is a vegetarian/vegan thread. There are plenty of ways to get protein as a vegan.

Incomplete proteins mostly, missing essential amino acids necessary to support life. Even the few nuts, beans, etc. that are complete proteins are of poor quality. Your body can't use much of it. And a vegetarian diet is also high in carbohydrates which leads to high levels of ldl cholesterol and can cause serious health problems.

That's simply not true.

Vegetarians Live Longer Than Meat-Eaters, Study Finds

I can't have beans. So I stick with taters, mini peppers (they are like bell peppers but smaller), carrots, turkey bacon, flour tortillas, eggs, cheese now and then. Roll that up in a tort and instant meal.

That sounds good. Can you have chickpeas?
I don't like chickpeas. :(
I can't have seedy stuff either. I have diverticulus.

That's simply not true.

Vegetarians Found To Have More Cancer, Allergies And Mental Health Disorders

That's simply not true.

Your source is crap. Did you have any vegetarian/vegan recipes to share? That's what this thread is about.

Mental health disorders....rofl.

Those are ok. Normally, I don't like cooked white shrooms. I love them raw, rinsed with cold water and sprinkled salt on top. Nummy!

That's simply not true.

Your source is crap. Did you have any vegetarian/vegan recipes to share? That's what this thread is about.

Mental health disorders....rofl.

You opened that door when you challenged my comment.

Vegan health guru on the left, meat eating chef on the right. Same age. Which one looks healthier?

Screen-shot-2012-02-10-at-2.21.05-AM.png

This thread was created for the purpose of sharing vegan recipes. Let's keep the conversation in line with that intention. Thanks

Forum List

Back