Jewish Brisket today

Flash

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2014
Florida
I had a brisket flat in the freezer that was several months old and felt I needed to use it.

Being the typical Cracker normally I would have smoked the brisket and had BBQ. However, we had BBQ twice in the last week and my wife and I wanted something different. Besides, BBQ is better using fresh meat than something out of the freezer.

We decided to make Jewish Brisket. Neither one of us had it as a child since we are Christians. We may have had it once in our decades of marriage at a restaurant but didn't remember when.

I looked up the recipes and they were all mostly the same. Brisket, mirepoix (carrots, celery, onions), tomatoes, beef broth, brown sugar and herbs. Slowed cooked on low heat for several hours.

Ours turned out great. Fall apart meat with a delicious rich gravy. We will definitely do it again one of these days.

This is not a picture of what we fixed today but something very similar.

1704673970417.png

.Have any of you ever had it?

• Banned
Never heard of it .. looks really good though. What internal temperature on the brisket were you shooting for?
For a brisket on the smoker we go for an internal of 208 or so.

However, this is a braised flat. Just cooked it until it was tender. About four hours at 325.

It is like cooking a pot roast.

Our Freedom Fighters simply find a nice plump victim and roast until pink in the middle .
Really starts the day well .
Allegedly .

Our Freedom Fighters simply find a nice plump victim and roast until pink in the middle .
Really starts the day well .
Allegedly .
Precisely. This is what makes them inhuman. Put them down without a thought.

Forum List

Back