Up in Smoke: Most Americans Support Legalizing Marijuana

Which of the following Drugs would you like to see Legalized?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Most Americans Support Legalizing Marijuana: Angus Reid Global Monitor

(Angus Reid Global Monitor) - Many adults in the United States are willing to legalize marijuana, according to a poll by Angus Reid Public Opinion. 53 per cent of respondents support this notion, while 43 per cent are opposed.

Less than 10 per cent of respondents support the legalization of other drugs, such as ecstasy, powder cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine or "crystal meth" and crack cocaine.

Interesting poll results although not surprising.

Your thoughts USMB?

(Poll Enclosed, vote for which you'd like to see legal. Multiple votes are allowed.)

Last edited:
If you look at the money alone spent on the "war on drugs" there is no real reason to keep low impact drugs illegal

If you look at the money alone spent on the "war on drugs" there is no real reason to keep low impact drugs illegal

1) to keep them good chronic purps as a status symbol.
2) herb makes 80%+ users too lazy and/or stupid to function within 80%+ of their potential.
3) maintain a thug economy to displace the lack of upward mobility and the failures of education and employment in our cities.
4) maintain the enforcement economy pretending to fight this 'war'

getting tired with this, but there's real reasons.

I would like to see industrial Hemp brought back as a legal crop in the USA. I would accept legalizing Marijuana only if there is a test developed that a Police officer could administer on the spot for driving under the influence. You show me that test; I would consider legalization.

I voted none.

Our laws are a reflection of our society's values.

I'd like to think our society was built on hard work, and some, however thinly vieled, sobriety. For most of our history, sobriety hasn't really been a fundamental necessity for most Americans (sure, you had those guys that would pass out in the street; get runned over by a damned ol' wagon, or train, but they never caused the drivers of the OTHER vehicles any harm).

Now people are easily able to fuck each other up. Irresponsible alcoholic consumption is bad enough without legalized dope making it worse.

Opposition to the legalization of marijuana has no rational basis. Claims of "wasted potential" and "danger" become inane and laughable when examined in the light of our policies surrounding more dangerous drugs, such as alcohol and tobacco.

My experiences with marijuana have been almost exclusively positive, even spiritually enlightening. Astaghfir Allah (SWT) if I've erred.

I voted none.

Our laws are a reflection of our society's values.

I'd like to think our society was built on hard work, and some, however thinly vieled, sobriety. For most of our history, sobriety hasn't really been a fundamental necessity for most Americans (sure, you had those guys that would pass out in the street; get runned over by a damned ol' wagon, or train, but they never caused the drivers of the OTHER vehicles any harm).

Now people are easily able to fuck each other up. Irresponsible alcoholic consumption is bad enough without legalized dope making it worse.

I am glad you believe in personal freedom

Legalize marijuana.

It is less harmful than booze, cigs or even Big Macs, and the amount of money we've spent enforcing its illegalization is an enormous waste of money.

Lower government spending. Legalize marijuana.

Legalize marijuana.

It is less harmful than booze, cigs or even Big Macs, and the amount of money we've spent enforcing its illegalization is an enormous waste of money.

Lower government spending. Legalize marijuana.

This. Anyone who is for less Government should also be in support of Legalizing Marijuana.

I didn't put coccain because I am still up in the air about it, because if they did make it legal they could control what they cut it with. As a former coccaine user I know they don't always cut it with baking powder. For one they have discovered in Columbia before it is even shipped here it is cut with animal medication that can kill you if your immune system is weak.

Well over 90% of the mj I ever bought was purchased from ci's acting as agents of the state.

As far as I'm concerned, it's already being legally sold by the state.

For those of you who believe that you can keep your use secret; get a grip on reality.

$453788870.jpeg

:lol:

Forum List

Back