Yes on Prop 19 Winning 52%-36%; Majority Supports Legalizing Marijuana

First time I've looked at this thread. Jeez, I'm so sick of the "LEGALIZE MARIJUWANNA" bullsh**. Yes, I don't want it legal. Why? Just for the hell of it!!! I've never smoked it a day in my life. It's bad for the body. It makes workers lazy. Whatever, screw it, just because hippies enjoy it hahaha!!!

No, here is the real reason. All you hippy liberal joint puffers don't realize a thing called human reality. There are some fine, liberal, enlightened areas of LA, Detroit, NY, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, and every other city in America that you folks to to buy your weed. Nice streets? Hardly. The kinds of areas people locked their doors when they drive through.

Anywhow, these fine human beings, these enlightened weed dealers who voted for Obama in 08, they sell the weed. And they make some darn good $$$ doing so. In fact, a lot of underground money goes into those neighborhoods through the sell of that stuff. What? You've never driven by the Section-8 government housing project, but seen a Lexus, Mercedez, Land Rover parked out front? If they are that poor, how do they afford those cars and the expensive clothes and shoes and cell phones they have?

So, lets say your Marijuwanna gets legalized and hippy liberals cry for years in joy. OF COURSE the evil, greedy corporations are gonna jump into that market. Just like the evil tobacco companies the left loves to hate, the corporations will buy up supply and eventually put out a better and cheaper product.

That source of income will disappear overnight in those fine neighborhoods. Will those people that got by on drug money all of a sudden says "Aw shucks Pa, guess I better finds me a job now." Or will they simply find another quick, easy means to make that money?

Once again, you liberals should thank the rich and powerful for KEEPING weed illegal, so that your dealers can keep maintaining a very good income of underground cash to their neighborhoods.

If you read my posts you would see I support the legalization of pot, and all other drugs. Maybe you should lighten up and laugh at the jokes that are right in front of you instead of assuming you are the only person with a brain.
Jokes? What jokes?
Wouldn't that be something, the liberal potheads yelling about state's rights.
If that's what you think of as a joke I don't get it. So, again, I'd like to know what the term, "pothead," means. I hear it enough that it's become rather annoying so I thought I'd ask. And if I didn't think you have a brain, too, I wouldn't bother.

Pothead belongs to a different generation, and sometimes those cultural memes do not translate well. A bit like my grandmother trying to explain why her generation called bankers longhairs.

The potheads of my generation are the same people who now demonize drugs, and want to prevent others from making the same mistakes they did. Remember that all politicians are hypocrites and liars and you might get where I am coming from, which is why I snorted when Clinton claimed he never inhaled. At least Bush was honest about it.

Yep. Clinton lied about it. Bush was honest about it. Obama never got asked about it.
Good job media.

Jokes? What jokes?
If that's what you think of as a joke I don't get it. So, again, I'd like to know what the term, "pothead," means. I hear it enough that it's become rather annoying so I thought I'd ask. And if I didn't think you have a brain, too, I wouldn't bother.

Pothead belongs to a different generation, and sometimes those cultural memes do not translate well. A bit like my grandmother trying to explain why her generation called bankers longhairs.

The potheads of my generation are the same people who now demonize drugs, and want to prevent others from making the same mistakes they did. Remember that all politicians are hypocrites and liars and you might get where I am coming from, which is why I snorted when Clinton claimed he never inhaled. At least Bush was honest about it.

Yep. Clinton lied about it. Bush was honest about it. Obama never got asked about it.
Good job media.

Are you fucking kidding me?
For 6 months, every conservative in the fucking country wouldn't shut up about the fact that Obama admitted using Cocaine and Weed in school.

Did you just forget about that?

First time I've looked at this thread. Jeez, I'm so sick of the "LEGALIZE MARIJUWANNA" bullsh**. Yes, I don't want it legal. Why? Just for the hell of it!!! I've never smoked it a day in my life. It's bad for the body. It makes workers lazy. Whatever, screw it, just because hippies enjoy it hahaha!!!

No, here is the real reason. All you hippy liberal joint puffers don't realize a thing called human reality. There are some fine, liberal, enlightened areas of LA, Detroit, NY, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, and every other city in America that you folks to to buy your weed. Nice streets? Hardly. The kinds of areas people locked their doors when they drive through.

Anywhow, these fine human beings, these enlightened weed dealers who voted for Obama in 08, they sell the weed. And they make some darn good $$$ doing so. In fact, a lot of underground money goes into those neighborhoods through the sell of that stuff. What? You've never driven by the Section-8 government housing project, but seen a Lexus, Mercedez, Land Rover parked out front? If they are that poor, how do they afford those cars and the expensive clothes and shoes and cell phones they have?

So, lets say your Marijuwanna gets legalized and hippy liberals cry for years in joy. OF COURSE the evil, greedy corporations are gonna jump into that market. Just like the evil tobacco companies the left loves to hate, the corporations will buy up supply and eventually put out a better and cheaper product.

That source of income will disappear overnight in those fine neighborhoods. Will those people that got by on drug money all of a sudden says "Aw shucks Pa, guess I better finds me a job now." Or will they simply find another quick, easy means to make that money?

Once again, you liberals should thank the rich and powerful for KEEPING weed illegal, so that your dealers can keep maintaining a very good income of underground cash to their neighborhoods.

Another Conservative who wants to use the Government to limit another citizen's civil liberties for no good reason. :thup:

Good job media.

Uh. Obama admitted it in his book. Hell, this was known far back as 2006:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/24/world/americas/24iht-dems.3272493.html

For one thing, he said, "When I was a kid, I inhaled."

"That was the point," Obama told an audience of magazine editors.

The direct admission was in contrast to Bill Clinton's denial in his 1992 campaign for president that he had smoked marijuana.

Obama had written in his first book, "Dreams From My Father" (1995), before entering politics, that he had used marijuana and cocaine ("maybe a little blow"). He said he had not tried heroin because he did not like the pusher who was trying to sell it to him.

Media never had to ask him anyway.

yeah bucs90 clueless but has a strong opinion. LOFL a conservatard by definition

So, your point seems to be that we should support keeping it illegal because we are supplying poor people with a way to exploit others in a illegal faction? I know you can be better than this drivel, there is nothing there.

Your statements actually are the BIGGEST reason to legalize pot: the elimination of the crime factor that is associated with an illegal substance. We have tried the illegal way, twice as a matter of fact, and it failed. Prohibition was a complete failure and the war on drugs is a complete failure. Who the hell are you to tell me what I can and cannot do with my body and what I can and cannot put into it. Why do you support the criminals in there drug dealing endeavors? The only way to end the drug crimes is to make it illegal and control it.

Another Conservative who wants to use the Government to limit another citizen's civil liberties for no good reason. :thup:

The progressive left is just as adamant about this issue as the conservatives, at least be honest and condemn everyone instead of implying that only one side hates marijuana.

If they legalize it, then they should tax the crap out of it.

No, here is the real reason. All you hippy liberal joint puffers don't realize a thing called human reality. There are some fine, liberal, enlightened areas of LA, Detroit, NY, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, and every other city in America that you folks to to buy your weed. Nice streets? Hardly. The kinds of areas people locked their doors when they drive through. [...]

So if I'm following your point here, you're arguing:

1. As an illicit economic activity, the selling of drugs is associated with violence and crime (lock your doors, etc).
2. Ergo drugs are bad, mkay.
3. We ought to keep drugs illegal because driving that economic activity underground is a good thing. Refer back to Point One.

It's like a Möbius strip of flawed argumentation.

Oh yeah we should thank the rich for making sure drug dealers and other such criminals can maintain their untaxed cash flow. :cuckoo:

After all the money the bootleggers and mafias made during prohibition certainly improved the lives of everyone around them. Oh wait that's backwards.

Last edited:
No, here is the real reason. All you hippy liberal joint puffers don't realize a thing called human reality. There are some fine, liberal, enlightened areas of LA, Detroit, NY, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, and every other city in America that you folks to to buy your weed. Nice streets? Hardly. The kinds of areas people locked their doors when they drive through. [...]

So if I'm following your point here, you're arguing:

1. As an illicit economic activity, the selling of drugs is associated with violence and crime (lock your doors, etc).
2. Ergo drugs are bad, mkay.
3. We ought to keep drugs illegal because driving that economic activity underground is a good thing. Refer back to Point One.

It's like a Möbius strip of flawed argumentation.

More like an continuous loop, there is no way out because the conditions are faulty. Mobius strips are things of beauty and math, this is just crap.

I understand some of you want to see it legalized. Honestly, I am not sure what my position is on it anymore. But it seems that focusing on this when there are so many other important issues out there, is kind of short sighted.

What does it matter if marijuana is legalized if we are unemployed, have no control over our health care, have to pay $8 Gasoline, and have widespread corruption through the system?

It's not short-sited at all. You take the Federal Tax dollars we spend each year on the lost war on Marijuana--and it adds up to a huge chunk. The time to investigate--court costs--legal fees--and incarceration is enormous. All in an effort to "save people" from themselves.

Over the last 6 decades we have spent 3 TRILLION dollars on the failed enforcement of marijuana alone. And it hasn't even put a dent into it. This doesn't include state dollars.

It's time for a change of heart on marijuana. We do know that it does have medical benefits--and that it is the second most used recreational drug and second only to alcohol. Regulate it and tax it like alcohol--and maybe we can get some money back into state and federal cofers.

Prohibition didn't work in the 1930's and it sure hasn't worked with marijuana. This is no time to throw good money after bad. Legalise--regulate and tax marijuana. Then consider the real "private sector jobs" it would create. Employees of marijuana dispensories and growers actually paying income tax.

Last edited:
Awesome facts ore thanks.
trillions to stop something safer than beer.
That's why it's the most important issue.
freedom

freedom

"Safer than beer"?

That might be an overstatement.

The problem with MJ is that we don't know the long term effects of usage. I agree that the LD 50 is so high that no one can overdose on it, but that doesn't make it "safer than beer" per se.

freedom

"Safer than beer"?

The problem with MJ is that we don't know the long term effects of usage. I agree that the LD 50 is so high that no one can overdose on it, but that doesn't make it "safer than beer" per se.

Yes we do. People have been smoking pot for thousands of years. There's plenty of empirical data available.

freedom

"Safer than beer"?

Yes we do. People have been smoking pot for thousands of years. There's plenty of empirical data available.

There is plenty of anecdotal data/evidence available (i.e. "My friend smoked his whole life and never had any problems". -or- "My friend smoked a joint, became a stoner, and wasted his life away".)

It has not been formally studied.

When it is, and the conclusions are not what the legalization crowd wants to hear (i.e. associations with chronic MJ use and schizophrenia/psychosis) they start howling and going ape-shit. That's simply not constructive. We certainly know that long term alcohol abuse leads to dementia and K-W syndrome. No one makes any bones about it.

Don't get me wrong, I think it should be legal. However, I am sick of people over-stating the greatness of MJ as some sort of magical, benevolent medical cure all. It's absurd, and it's bad science.

The sooner this country get's down to a real debate about the good, bad, and ugly aspects of MJ, the better off the issue will be.

Last edited:
"Safer than beer"?

There is plenty of anecdotal data/evidence available (i.e. "My friend smoked his whole life and never had any problems". -or- "My friend smoked a joint, became a stoner, and wasted his life away".)

When it is, and the conclusions are not what the legalization crowd wants to hear (i.e. associations with chronic MJ use and schizophrenia/psychosis) they start howling and going ape-shit. That's simply not constructive. We certainly know that long term alcohol abuse leads to dementia and K-W syndrome. No one makes any bones about it.

Don't get me wrong, I think it should be legal. However, I am sick of people over-stating the greatness of MJ as some sort of magical, benevolent medical cure all. It's absurd, and it's bad science.

The sooner this country get's down to a real debate about the good, bad, and ugly aspects of MJ, the better off the issue will be.

Don't get me wrong either - I don't think that pot is wonderful for you. I don't think its a wonder drug, I don't think its perfectly safe. Nothing that much fun is good for you.

I do think that it should be legal, and I do certainly think it's safer than alcohol.

Don't get me wrong either - I don't think that pot is wonderful for you. I don't think its a wonder drug, I don't think its perfectly safe. Nothing that much fun is good for you.

I do think that it should be legal, and I do certainly think it's safer than alcohol.

It may be. We just don't know for sure at this point.

Forum List

Back