Up in Smoke: Most Americans Support Legalizing Marijuana

Which of the following Drugs would you like to see Legalized?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see toro's point, but agree with Patek.

If we follow toro's logic, then any product that costs more because the government criminalizes it should be legalized.

Should we be able to buy anything?

That is incorrect. My logic is that the costs of criminalizing marijuana far outweigh the costs of legalizing it. One of the costs is that we transfer literally hundreds of billions of dollars to criminal gangs each and every year, who then use that money to fund other illegal activities. Other costs include incarceration, policing, the courts, wages lost, criminalizing behavior, and so on.

Why would we do that when marijuana is less hazardous than alcohol and tobacco? Near as I can tell, the biggest cost for legalizing dope would be a loss of productivity with stoners sitting around in their underwear all day, eating pop tarts and playing WoW.

Last edited:
Why would we do that when marijuana is less hazardous than alcohol and tobacco? Near as I can tell, the biggest cost for legalizing dope would be a loss of productivity with stoners sitting around in their underwear all day, eating pop tarts and playing WoW.

well it sounds like you are speaking from a little experience....:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back