California voters should reject legalizing marijuana. DRUGS PART 1

Advantages of leagalizing pot.

1. Reduced capital outlays for prisons.
2. Increased revenue for states and cities.
3. Reduced border violence.
4. Reduced smuggling.
5. Reduced capital outlays for law enforcment.

Disadvantages:

1. If handled like alcohol, not many.

Is Marijuana a bad drug? Yes. Is alcohol a bad drug? Yes. Anybody who says otherwise is being untruthful. However, if a person were to review the behaviors of people under the influence of both drugs it is arguable that those using marijuana are less of a danger. In general marijuana use does not lead to violence...yes there are certainly exceptions but ask any cop out there and most fights involve drunk people...not stoners.

Should we as a society say that one drug is OK while the other is not? Both drugs are bad, no question. But the effects of fighting the "drug war" are worse. Loss of civil liberties, loss of property rights, loss of innocent lives in the various turf wars. And the expenditure of billions of dollars that at the end of the year has accomplished nothing.

I firmly believe that the criminal misuse of drugs should be heavily punished, if you drive drunk or stoned the punishments should be very onerous. If you harm or kill someone the perpetrator should be tried for the serious crimes that those are.

However, if a person wants to get drunk or stoned in their own home and no one else is involved (save for those who wish to partake) who are we to tell them no? The Declaration of Independance says very clearly "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

If a person derives their happiness by being drunk or stoned it is not up to us to deny them their basic human right to do so. And in the interest of full disclosure I have never been either drunk or stoned in my entire life, so whatever they do will have zero effect on me.

Is Marijuana a bad drug? Yes. Is alcohol a bad drug? Yes. Anybody who says otherwise is being untruthful. However, if a person were to review the behaviors of people under the influence of both drugs it is arguable that those using marijuana are less of a danger. In general marijuana use does not lead to violence...yes there are certainly exceptions but ask any cop out there and most fights involve drunk people...not stoners.

Should we as a society say that one drug is OK while the other is not? Both drugs are bad, no question. But the effects of fighting the "drug war" are worse. Loss of civil liberties, loss of property rights, loss of innocent lives in the various turf wars. And the expenditure of billions of dollars that at the end of the year has accomplished nothing.

I firmly believe that the criminal misuse of drugs should be heavily punished, if you drive drunk or stoned the punishments should be very onerous. If you harm or kill someone the perpetrator should be tried for the serious crimes that those are.

However, if a person wants to get drunk or stoned in their own home and no one else is involved (save for those who wish to partake) who are we to tell them no? The Declaration of Independance says very clearly "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

If a person derives their happiness by being drunk or stoned it is not up to us to deny them their basic human right to do so. And in the interest of full disclosure I have never been either drunk or stoned in my entire life, so whatever they do will have zero effect on me.

No drug is 'bad' or 'good'. Those weights only come in when you introduce people into the mix. Like the NRA says, guns don't killl people, people do. Drugs aren't bad.......but some people are.

The law is stupid on its face, all it does is fill jail cells better filled with robbers and congressmen, its application is pretty much totally based on your ability to pay to get off, it is a waste of money and resources, and is totally ineffective.

It creates crime all around it, it subverts government to criminal enterprises, (not just here but all over) and makes all rational laws suspect and disdained by the population. It makes the police the enemy of honest people.

It can't be repealed soon enough
Well said.

An intelligent observation. Too bad so many Americans are incapable of such objective reasoning. But the unfortunate fact is a significant percentage of them have been totally brainwashed by Reefer Madness propaganda, most of which is financed by prominent industries that would be hurt by legally marijuana.

Not to mention that the whole reason cannabis was made illegal in the first place was because Anslinger was a racist and didn't like brown or black people.

True story!

much more chilled populace, I say murder rate goes down.
And while it might seem funny to some that is quite true -- as any experienced street cop will attest.

The simple fact is there is no more effective tranquilizer than marijuana available from any source, which is the main reason why the pharamaceutical industry contributes big money to PFDA (People For Drug-Free America) and other active anti-pot organizations. Tranquilizers are among that industry's most profitable products and once the benefits of legal marijuana became commonly known it would knock a hole in the profit margins of Big Pharma.

Not only is pot the best tranquilizer known to medical science it is not addictive whereas all of the presently prescribed tranquilizers are addictive and none produce the euphoric effect available from marijuana.

The other bottom line that will suffer from legal marijuana is that of the liquor industry.

Think about what would happen if cannabis were made legal.........

Prison populations would drop, because people wouldn't get arrested for marijuana any longer.

The DEA could go after REAL drug problems like meth, cocaine and heroin.

With mass cultivation (remember......Marlboro already has a plan for when it's made legal), after they harvest the buds, they could use the rest of the plant for many things......food, fuel, paper, and clothing.

Nope. Legalize it!

[your too dumb to leave the projects, and your calling the freedom loving not in jail Protugeese dumb!!

You mean those who prefer to live in a crime ridden toilet actually believe they are free?

if you prefer to live there,then why have we had to endure dozens of posts from you, saying how much you hate it?.......and yes you are free to leave dumb ass.....

Proposition 19 would legalize marijuana for recreational use for people ages 21 and older. It would also allow local governments to tax and regulate commercial production and distribution – not just retail sale, as in the Netherlands.

Hopefully, the rest of the country will follow suit

I know,I know you are probably saying I'm on the stuff now for agreeing with rightwinger but on this issue I will agree.The time has come to look at this issue and get with the American people on this.:redface:

[
if you prefer to live there,then why have we had to endure dozens of posts from you, saying how much you hate it?.......and yes you are free to leave dumb ass.....

But if you love Mexicans so much, why don't you move here, bitch?

Hey Bullshitter.......you DO realize that if the cops aren't having to chase down stoners to put in jail, they'll have more resources to go after those illegal aliens, right?

Incidentally.........quoting the Christian Science Monitor opinion section for your OP was spot on for you........going with the fear, and not bothering to see if it has any merit, just believing the okey doke from the Christian right wing.

BTW...........Biblical Jews (Yeshua included) used cannabis for both medicinal and recreational use. Simcha Jacobovich (History Channel's "Naked Archaeologist) showed this.

Cannabis was also one of the main ingredients of the Holy Anointing Oil for the Kings of Israel.

Why don't you just move in with those Mexicans and smoke their dicks to get high???

:ahole-1:

Not to mention that the whole reason cannabis was made illegal in the first place was because Anslinger was a racist and didn't like brown or black people.

True story!

Right. Anyone who doesn't smoke Mexican turds and corrupt their children by their example is a racist.:lol:

[

But if you love Mexicans so much, why don't you move here, bitch?

i live in a predominantly Mexican area dipshit.....but its not a BARRIO like you live in fuckhead....im smart enough to see the difference....your not.....and once again, you never answer questions asked of you.....you MUST be one stupid Sonofabitch....

Love seeing so many pro cannabis people.

My guess is there's about 50,000,000 of us.

A huge percentage of us cannot openly speak up for fear of being fired, of course.

Thus the self fulfilling prophesy that pot smokers don't work as hard as non pot smokers is to some extent, true.

Terrible waste of human capital, that.

Forum List

Back