Zone1 University of Pennsylvania President Liz Magill resigns after antisemitism testimony

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
This is NO surprise, especially after a $100 million dollar donation was about to be pulled. She was also criticized by the governor. That hearing was truly astonishing, but it shouldn't be given the far left extremism we've been seeing on university campuses for years now. They need to get the other two presidents out also. The president of Harvard already started damage control yesterday.

All the Ivy Leagues and most of the big state universities are infected with this Leftist plague. This a great first step!

This is NO surprise, especially after a $100 million dollar donation was about to be pulled. She was also criticized by the governor. That hearing was truly astonishing, but it shouldn't be given the far left extremism we've been seeing on university campuses for years now. They need to get the other two presidents out also. The president of Harvard already started damage control yesterday.

the left has indoctrinated young peole to be violent extremists .. unfortunately the left will get more rowdy as the war goes on .. they will also get very violent if the 2024 election doesnt go their way .

“It’s a context-dependent decision” was her response to whether a statement calling for genocide for Jews violates her school’s code of conduct. The simple response is, “calling for the genocide of any group of or individual student is a violation of our code of conduct”

Are you kidding me? How much lack of common sense does this woman lack? A significant number of UPenn donors are Jewish. Who was she trying to appease??

What she and other deans said was reprehensible from any standpoint. I put those statements up there with the first jury that acquitted the cops in the Rodney King case, the OJ verdict, the Casey Anthony verdict, and the folks who thought new Coke was a good idea.

Nobody can fathom how this person or those groups of people ever came to that decision.

She seemed to fail the most spectacularly of the three, at least the black woman from Harvard was quick with her equivocation, whilst this woman had to sit and ponder her next evasive answer.

Just think of all the damage that racist did while there. There needs to be a purge of every university that’s got the pro racist crowds.

I saw Magill at a hearing, boy....she was trying to do a lot of double talking.
Evading yes/no questions, then came out in another clip apologizing.
No wonder our colleges and universities are so screwed up.
Too little too late. The fact that they waited until pressure from doners to do anything speaks volumes.

Too little too late. The fact that they waited until pressure from doners to do anything speaks volumes.
It shows it’s just about the money, unfortunately. Her unwillingness to condemn the calls for genocide of the Jews REGARDLESS of “context” wasn’t enough on its own. It was only after she cost the university $100 million, with likely more to come, that she was forced out.

I think the Harvard and MIT presidents should be fired, as well.

I understand that she’s now apologizing for her testimony and for her inability to acknowledge that expressing a desire for the death of the Jewish people is a violation of the University’s policy.

My question is more basic: why on Earth did she consider such a question as being at all difficult?

That is key

Students protest……yawn
Faculty protests……more yawning
Donors protest……You are out of here

Forum List

Back