Zone1 University of Pennsylvania President Liz Magill resigns after antisemitism testimony

She stepped down because she was given the option...step down or be FIRED.

and that board member that resigned in support of her?? i smell a strzok/paige liaison there. I doubt they're important enough in this and definitely not attactive enough for any reporter to follow the story.

He is just an antisemitic dirt bag.

90 Democrats voted ‘present’ on a motion condemning racism because their voters love racism.
Zero Republicans voted no or present because Republicans are repulsed by the idea.
Are these the same Republicans who voted $0 aid for Israel in the last CR?

What those 90 democrats did (if true--and as simple as you state) did was shameful. The House passing a CR without any aid for Israel and Ukraine is as well.

It’s absolutely disgusting. The Democrats keep insisting there’s antisemitism on both sides, but Republicans are the only ones who are universally willing to take a stand against it. The Democrsts are so afraid of offending their Jew-hating Muslims that they refuse to condemn the most horrific statements of antisemitism.
The CR passed by the new speaker had $0 for Israel.

And you seem afraid to offend the Jew hating members on the poltical right.

This is NO surprise, especially after a $100 million dollar donation was about to be pulled. She was also criticized by the governor. That hearing was truly astonishing, but it shouldn't be given the far left extremism we've been seeing on university campuses for years now. They need to get the other two presidents out also. The president of Harvard already started damage control yesterday.

University of Pennsylvania President Liz Magill resigns after antisemitism testimony​

No doubt the lefty academic has a generous golden parachute

I saw Magill at a hearing, boy....she was trying to do a lot of double talking.
Evading yes/no questions, then came out in another clip apologizing.
No wonder our colleges and universities are so screwed up.
She is a coward just like those other three that testified before congress.

Are these the same Republicans who voted $0 aid for Israel in the last CR?

What those 90 democrats did (if true--and as simple as you state) did was shameful. The House passing a CR without any aid for Israel and Ukraine is as well.
Americans - including most Democrats - are demanding Brandon start protecting our borders.

Never mind sending our taxes overseas while Americans sleep in the streets by the hundreds of thousands.

Americans - including most Democrats - are demanding Brandon start protecting our borders.

Never mind sending our taxes overseas while Americans sleep in the streets by the hundreds of thousands.
Gee, when your blob sent taxes over seas while Americans slept in the streets...you didn’t say jack shit. Hypocrite much?

Because we were protecting our border then, Dufus

So?

There were Americans STILL sleeping in the streets while your blob was STILL sending money overseas. So if you are outraged now (which you are not) you should have been outraged then (which you weren’t).

LOL...there was no illegal immigration under your blob?

She seemed to fail the most spectacularly of the three, at least the black woman from Harvard was quick with her equivocation, whilst this woman had to sit and ponder her next evasive answer.
I am a first amendment, free speech nut. But if some speech is protected, but other speech is disciplined, then its hypocrisy.

Why do so many people hate Jews?
I know I am wasting my breath but here goes.

I think part of it has to do with Jews being "the other." Unlike other minority groups we are hard to demonize on the merits; we don't commit (street) crime, though some of us perpetrate financial frauds. By and large we graduate college and advanced education and participate in professions. We are disproportionately in honors classes in school. Areas that are primarily Jewish are not intimidating; no one says, other than joking "be careful, you're entering a Jewish area." And yet, we generally assimilate but not fully.
As far as atrocities against Jews, over the years I have read books that plumb this issue, such as:

1. The Jews Should Keep Quiet: Franklin D. Roosevelt, Rabbi Stephen S. Wise and the Holocaust,by Rafael Medoff;
  2. While Six Million Died: A Chronicle of American Apathy by Arthur D. Morse;
  3. 1944: FDR and the Year That Changed History by Jay Winik;
  4. No Ordinary Time: Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt: The Home Front in World War II;
  5. FDR and the Jews by Richard Breitman and Allan J. Lichtman; and
  6. The Race Against History: The Mission to Build a Jewish Army in America to Fight Hitler by Rick Richman
The gist of these books, among other reading I have done, is that the response of the civilized world to the slaughter was, to quote William Safire in another context, typical "coordinated cries of anguish and nicely orchestrated hand-wringing" (link to Safire article).
Vrba's escape from Birchenau has been well documented. When FDR was confronted in person (not many could get to see him about this) he professed astonishment; and did nothing. Even the War Refugee's Board, which he formed under heavy pressure, see especially first book in the above list, was seriously underfunded. Owing to the sense of mission on the part of a few of its people, it did mange to save a few hundred thousand lives. The sense I get, overall, is that neither Britain nor the U.S., or rather Churchill or FDR, wanted a huge influx of penniless and often sick refugees. No one seems to mind that now, but the Jews have often been special in that highly negative manner.

Even in modern times, the national self-determination rights of the "Palestinians" seem to trump that of the Jews among polite company. The Jews, in the perception of the rest of the world, are different. See:

1. Why the Jews? by Dennis Prager and Joseph Telushkin;
  2. Why the Germans? Why the Jews?: Envy, Race Hatred, and the Prehistory of the Holocaust by Aly, Götz;
  3. From Prejudice to Destruction: Anti-Semitism 1700-1933 by Jacob Katz; and
  4. Anti-Judaism: The Western Tradition by David Nirenberg.
These books all take a slightly different approach. The last on this list dates Jew-hatred to the time of the pyramids and Pharaoh. None satisfactorily explain why Anti-Semitism is a persistent problem. I posit that it's not as much of a problem in "new world" countries, where the focus is what a person brings to the table, not who they are. All of these books, though, hint at the problem is "who" in the cradle of European "civilization."

The Jews, on the merits, have accomplishments that far outsize their numbers. Much more previously powerful empires have not a remaining trace; the Babylonian, Assyrian, Roman (though through much of its time a republic), Egyptian, Moghul, Aztec, Inca, Holy Roman and others are either vanished without a trace or are a remnant, a shadow, of their former selves. As for religions, the idolatrous religions of yore are largely gone.

The Jewish people and religion, as hated as they are, still survive, thrive and contribute.

All the Ivy Leagues and most of the big state universities are infected with this Leftist plague. This a great first step!
There isn’t a plague. Don’t be a drama queen. Much of the woke stuff has gone too far but it doesn’t t take much to rein it in. This is a good step. You can stop pretending like the sky is falling

She is still a law professor at University of Pennsylvania.
That’s the type of compromise the leftist colleges take when one of their antisemites takes it too far: a demotion.

When Leonard Jeffries (Hakeem’s uncle) said that Jews were injecting black newborns with the AIDS virus back in the 80s, he was forced to step down from the Chairmanship of the History Department at CUNY. But he was allowed to remain a full professor.

Both should have been dismissed from ALL association with U of P and CUNY.

Last edited:
"Reining in" the Leftist cancer would be more of a challenge than many posters here understand. Leftists have been running the vast majority of college and university departments for DECADES. Virtually every hire (other than the hard sciences, thank God) has had to pass an ideology screening, so that even if they fired every one of the bastards, they would simply be replaced by someone else of similar bent.

A good first step would be to encourage students to call out professors who do political indoctrination in their lectures - unrelated to legitimate course content.

Forum List

Back