Unions once again throw their members under the bus

Prove me wrong. I don't waste my time finding links for people who will pretend they never saw them.

Just as I suspected, you can't prove your own statement.

No, I just don't waste my time posting links.

Never have. Never will.

You know why?

Because when I do, the person who asks for them say, 'Well, that didn't come from Fox News, so it must not be true!" or they pretend they didn't see them. Then they talk the same shit on another thread.

But read up... they have 100,000 members in that union..

Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers' International Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No links ,nor credibility. Period..
It's doubtful any company located outside the grasp of forced union states would allow their firm to be infested with card carriers.
By their own nature, union people expect much while giving little.
I worked in a union shop as painter for a short period of time. I got out because I despised the concept of the collective. It was my first and thankfully ONLY union experience.
It made me sick when I was told "slow down. You're working to fast"....I asked why. I was told that was the way it was done. Fuck that. Finished the week and never went back.
Started my own painting business MUCH closer to home.
And I made WAY more money than the $16 per hour wage.
Oh this was 1984.
Unions.....:puke3:

No Mr Wishful Thinking, a judge decided that the proper mediation proceedings had not been completed. The Judge asked the parties to sit down with a Mediator.
no one is "Blinking".....Amazing the flow of propaganda from your keyboard.
BTW, the only difference between a direct bargaining ( coercion) session and mediation is there is a third party present to referee the discussion..
Someone to knock some sense into the heads of both sides.
Hostess owners do not want to go out of business. The union does not want to suffer the bad publicity of losing 18,000 members.
Concessions will have to be met for sure for this to work.
The 75% cut in the pension contribution is more than fair. Workers SHOULD absolutely be contributing to their own pensions. I think a 50/50 split works. The worker contributes 5% of his wages and the company matches it. No overtime pay is included. And no vacation or sick pay either. I think in order to add to one's pension, they should be at work to do so.

As far as health insurance. $400 per month for each worker sounds good. That is what most middle income private sector workers pay. And a new plan. $25 co-pay. $2000 per person annual deductible. Free well care after co-pay.
Anything more than that is not sustainable.
If they want to work, here it is.
Take it leave it.

First, only 5000 Hostess employees are represented by BCTGM.

Second, if the HEdge Fund assholes really thought they could make their money back liquidating the company, they'd have done so a long time ago.

THIS is why the Hedge FUnd is trouble. They borrowed a shitload of money to turn this thing around and they can't.

fb_hostess_debt_imagelarge.png
Which makes it that much more tragic. Those selfish baker's union people don't give a rats ass about the other 13k workers. The Teamsters went back to work. The baker's union said "nope. We ain't going back. THEY scuttled the company. THEY threw the workers under the bus.

[
Which makes it that much more tragic. Those selfish baker's union people don't give a rats ass about the other 13k workers. The Teamsters went back to work. The baker's union said "nope. We ain't going back. THEY scuttled the company. THEY threw the workers under the bus.

Fuck it, might as well. These jokers have had a decade to turn this company around and they just looted the fuck out of it.

Nothing "selfish" about it. The realized that if they took the 20% pay cut over the next couple years, these guys would just blow it on dressage horsies or something..

Yes it certainly was.
Up till Reagan the economy prospered greatly with lots more union members.

Why we were in a recession in the late 70's and early 80's, with double digit unemployment and double digit inflation?

Well, first, all those Baby Boomers started hitting the job market faster than the job market could produce jobs for them.

Second, the end of the Vietnam War mean that we had a drastic reduction in government spending.

It was also at that point (1976) that we stopped posting trade surprluses and started posting trade deficits....

Yes it certainly was.

Why we were in a recession in the late 70's and early 80's, with double digit unemployment and double digit inflation?

Because Reagan was GOING to be president.
Or, it was Nixon's fault.
No, it was the Gop..No wait, they democrats controlled Congress...Um wait a minute.,...Gotta get back to ya on that. Let me find the liberal talking points on the 1960's and 1970's.

Prove me wrong. I don't waste my time finding links for people who will pretend they never saw them.

We do not prove negatives here. Go look for your facts. Don't come back until you have them for all to read.
This is not a negotiation.

Make me go away, dickweed...

Frankly, I got bored with you days ago... little plutocratic bootlick that you are.

Yes Mr Wishful Thinking While I Turn a Blind Eye to Reality...
Yes, you're bored. Yet to you keep responding.
You know you have nothing on which to stand. That is why you keep arguing just to argue.
Now, get out until you come back with facts. That is how it works here. There are no special rules for the lazy. No partial credit.
Well we did 75% of the job, so we get credit?
Nope..Either shit or get off the pot.

Well, first, all those Baby Boomers started hitting the job market faster than the job market could produce jobs for them.

Second, the end of the Vietnam War mean that we had a drastic reduction in government spending.

It was also at that point (1976) that we stopped posting trade surprluses and started posting trade deficits....
Yeah..OK.

Forum List

Back