Ding Dong Unions killing off another great American institution

BUT BUT we cant regulate=profit from this ! Sooooooooooooooooooooo. We're your masters. Make a commercial !
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAu6yy8R8sI]Evil Demon Weed - YouTube[/ame]

unions-victory-union-victory-relax-work-demotivational-poster-1279194325.jpg

In researching this...Hostess pays higher salaries than every single one of it's main competitors. Note I said salaries.
One year before filing bankruptcy the highest 8 executives received generous wages as high as 80%!!!

I am no union backer...but the problem seems more upstairs than the floor.
Not saying the unions are not a problem...previous pensions and benefits are higher than the company can afford.
But it takes some REAL assholes to give themselves an 80% raise and want to cut employee benefits. :mad:

A bakery outlet clerk is paid an average of $16-$18 per hour.
Only a HS diploma required.
Pay does not include benefits.

Took me a hecka' long time to even find THAT out!
Reminds me of the union employee that was paid $20 and hour slapping labels on beer bottles. Well, that shop closed...wonder why.
Wait... a Bakery Outlet Store CLERK?!? The cashier, you mean? Gets paid that much?!?!?!

Shit, I know professional drivers with haz mat endorsements who don't get paid that much!

This is like in Manhattan or San Fransicko, right? You know where a small soda costs 12 bucks?

Didn't say where it was, sorry.

Sorry guys - uscitizen appears to be right here.
I looked up Hostess competitors...the largest one is Awrey Bakeries. In looking at their company structure - Hostess looks to have a significantly higher executive and manager package by far. And giving themselves an 80% raise while seeking to lower employee benefits is damn unethical, not to mention doing so between two bankruptcies.
Not saying the union is not a problem...but their does certainly appear to be a strong entitlement attitude by management at least as much as the union.

Those workers should go find another job if they are unhappy about their pay....thats what i've always done.....
Just as the executives should have vs give themselves a big pay raise?
seems like the workers cannot give themselves a raise hence collective bargaining.
The executives have decreased their salary to $1 a year until this hot mess is dealt with.

Lot of people going to be out of work because of a combination of company growth, bad business decisions and the inability to converge so many different Union contracts. And the Union wants to hurry it up by going on strike?

Make sense to anyone?

Funny how whenever management fucks up, it's alway the working guy who has to take it in the tuckas to make up for it.

And there are so many people who think this is a wonderful thing.

Jezuz

For the union supporters;

Are you aware that Hostess will close it's doors forever if they can't cut costs?

It's not about sticking it to the worker, it's about saving the job so the worker can come to work.

damn you people are stuck on Shit St. and can't see the Highway to Heaven b/c of your blinders.

Actually, I've been looking at that highway for 30 years now. It's the one where working folks are ask to make yet another concession in the name of keeping the company afloat, but when things turn around, it's the investors and executives who reep the profits.

Not surprisingly, the problem with unions at Hostess only began when the company was acquired by Vulture Capitalists.

Yerp bought a company and then thought they could "increase efficiencies" to make money above the price they paid.

synergy is another fav term used during mergers and aquisitions.

Last edited:
January 19, 2009

Yesterday, Little Debbie announced the recall of its snack products containing peanut butter due to concerns of salmonella contamination.

Salmonella can be deadly, especially to children, and the company has responded with a voluntary recall of cookies, cakes, ice cream and other foods with peanut butter. The focus of the recall is peanut paste, in addition to peanut butter, produced at Peanut Corp.’s Blakely, Ga., facility. The peanut paste, made from roasted peanuts, which is often an ingredient in cookies, cakes and other products. Little Debbie has included its Peanut Butter Cheese sandwich cookies and Peanut Butter Toasty sandwich crackers in the recall.

Thus far, six people have died as a result of salmonella contaminated peanut butter that has been recalled.

Jezuz

Are you aware that Hostess will close it's doors forever if they can't cut costs?

It's not about sticking it to the worker, it's about saving the job so the worker can come to work.

damn you people are stuck on Shit St. and can't see the Highway to Heaven b/c of your blinders.

HOSTESS FACES A LOT OF COMPETITION; making an innovative product or two is the real solution; UNIONS didn't encourage the multitude of other similar products. :eusa_angel:

Jezuz

HOSTESS FACES A LOT OF COMPETITION; making an innovative product or two is the real solution; UNIONS didn't encourage the multitude of other similar products. :eusa_angel:

Hostess became big by buying up lots of independent bakers with their own unions.
Hostess made itself they way it is.

So we are cheering on the race towards lower living standards?

how low do you think their standards will be when all those employees hit the bricks? Hostess has not been doing well....they filed for chapter Chap. 11 in 2009...

-

snip-
Hostess, founded as a bread maker in 1930, has to contend with a particularly cumbersome work force, a legacy of how it was built through acquisitions since the 1960s. As it gobbled up bakeries across the country, Hostess wound up with 372 collective-bargaining agreements, 40 multi-employer pension plans, 5,500 delivery routes and a vast production system.

more at-

Twinkie Maker Hostess Brands, Unions Face Off Over New Batch of Cuts - WSJ.com

they are bailing totally after fumbling like dolts trying to golden parachute their way out till the ceo cut exec pay to $1. either way, they are falling apart, I guess the unions would prefer the UE line.....

Again.

All part and parcel with executive incompentence. Nothing to do with employees.

Jezuz

Actually, I've been looking at that highway for 30 years now. It's the one where working folks are ask to make yet another concession in the name of keeping the company afloat, but when things turn around, it's the investors and executives who reep the profits.

Not surprisingly, the problem with unions at Hostess only began when the company was acquired by Vulture Capitalists.

You're mental.

you had me going, just a bit, then you had to plop "vulture capitalist".

Know what your post tells me? you'd rather they have no job, so the evil people trying to save the company don't make a dime either.

buffoon

Jezuz

congrats on the new union contract!!

None of you will be fired since we let HR go yesterday. but none of you will get another Hostess payday.

Jezuz

None of you will be fired since we let HR go yesterday. but none of you will get another Hostess payday.

A plot by Little Debbie:doubt:

A plot by Little Debbie:doubt:

Oat. Meal. Cream. Pies.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3IgFsEEOik]The Homer Drool Sound - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back