Unemployed Running Out Of Time, Money!

We have been giving unemployment benefit extensions for quite a while now. I would suggest having them lapse will be a major boon to employment figures. Many people do not return to work, because they would have to accept a job at less than their unemployment check amount. Time to send them back to work or get them to start new businesses.

We have been giving unemployment benefit extensions for quite a while now. I would suggest having them lapse will be a major boon to employment figures. Many people do not return to work, because they would have to accept a job at less than their unemployment check amount. Time to send them back to work or get them to start new businesses.

This may just put a dent in obamas push for imagration reform.
Picture this an unemployed American applying for a job and a just freshly give citizenship mexican appling for the same job. Who do you think will get the job?
Chances are it will be the mexican/ American citizen. I wonder if tthe American born citizen will apprecate obama's efforts for giving mexicans citizenship when they can't feed their families?

Last edited:
Oh believe me I know and agree. The Answer is because Republicans are just like Democrats. They only say what they think we want to hear, and right now people want the government to stop spending money we don't have. So believe me I know how hypocritical it is for them to say it now, but damn it. At least they are saying it. Ill take it. Even if their motives are not righteous.

Hehe,

That is all fine and dandy, but now it hurts me. We can give a trillion dollars to CEO's to fatten their personal bank accounts but we can't help those that got caught up in a struggling economy?

I don't deserve any of the benefits that I have received, but I honestly do not know where to turn when those benefits run out. I seem to be over qualified for most of the jobs in my skills and under qualified for others and the few that fit my qualifications seem to have hundreds of others who are also qualified.

Can I go work at Walmart? I honestly don't know. I'm not desperate enough to try yet. I worked for Toys R Us when I was 18... wonder if they will rehire me to work on their game wall. Its only been 31 years since I worked there. Ouch! 31 years, Where the hell has time gone? I'd flip burgers if it came to that, but will McDonald's hire me knowing that I have every intention of leaving the minute something in my skill range becomes available? Why should they? They have kids right out of school who will work for nothing and mothers who want to earn a few extra bucks while the kids are in school.

Damn! I'm depressing myself. I can't even work for Mickey D's. ;)

Immie

I am in the same boat as you immie. Still unemployed and exhausted benefits. The only difference is I see that the Democrats could have passed this bill if they had wanted to. They are at least as much at fault as the Republicans are. They did not have to be completely inflexible. If these benefits were so important, as we know they are, they could have found some wasteful spending to cut to pay for it, or they could have used TARP money to pay for it. They could have not attached additional bail out money for state government to it. There were plenty of ways the Democrats could have got this bill passed. In stead they have used it as an opportunity to score points and hurt republicans, when in truth they could have gotten it passed had they wanted too.

In effect the Democrats first attached 30 billion more dollars to bail out state budgets to the bill, to force Republicans who are under fire from their constituents, to be on record voting for more stimulus, and then Refused to even talk about possibly making off setting cuts to pay for the unemployment extension. Ask yourself why they did these things. There can be only one answer. To force the republicans hands. To make them either be on record voting for more reckless deficit spending, or be on record shooting down extended unemployment benefits during a time of crisis. That's what I call playing politics with peoples lives.

Or the Democrats decided to call the Republicans bluff.

Funny, one... the needed one Democrat voted no, yet not one Republican had the balls to stand up and support those whom the economy has effected the most.

The Republicans have proven time and time again that they don't give a shit about cutting spending. It is nothing but a game. The Republicans look like asses once again. And guess what, when the election comes around what are the Democrats gonna tell all those voters in Detroit and the rest of the country... Duh! "We wanted to extend your UE Comp but the Republicans sold you out... again."

By the way, who was the lone Democrat? Anyone know if he is running for re-election in 2010 or is digging the Republican grave for them.

Immie

Last edited:
That's simply not true. The Republicans would have just kept demanding more and more concessions.

You keep repeating that same lie, clearly you did not pay any attention to what was being said on the floor of congress during the filibuster. When the Republicans were saying repeatedly Make cuts to pay for it and we will vote for it, or when they suggested using TARP funds to pay for it. The democrats not only refused to do either, They refused to even talk about it.

no you just want to be able to sit here and make claims about what they "would" have done as if you are some all knowing prophet.

Typical Lying Liberal.

It doesn't take the power of prophecy. They've ran this same play multiple times. In fact, they're running the same play on financial regulatory reform right now. Scott Brown had a long list of demands for his vote for cloture. The Democrats give in all of them. His response? He announces he's going to filibuster.

In the words of Joe Wilson
"you lie"
So lets here about those tax cuts?

1) The bank bailout bill included tax cuts, which the republicans voted against
2) The stimulus bill included tax cuts, which the republicans voted against

The health care bill included tax increases which the dems voted in unethically. Taxes are going up, and that includes yours. Our dear leader is telling all the other nations they need to keep spending to get out of the world recession.

There is a bright spot, some of those leaders are rejecting that plan.

Yeah, making the problem worse is a real bright spot...

By the way, who was the lone Democrat? Anyone know if he is running for re-election in 2010 or is digging the Republican grave for them.

Immie

Ben Nelson, who's basically a Republican. He's not up for reelection until 2012, but he's polling way behind potential GOP rivals (though Rasmussen is the only firm to have polled it, so massive grain of salt required).

1) The bank bailout bill included tax cuts, which the republicans voted against
2) The stimulus bill included tax cuts, which the republicans voted against

The health care bill included tax increases which the dems voted in unethically. Taxes are going up, and that includes yours. Our dear leader is telling all the other nations they need to keep spending to get out of the world recession.

Yeah because Obama is an all knowing messiah and not only should Americans just shut up and listen to him, but every nation on earth as well. If not they are making the problem worse.

Where do you get the Idea that Obama knows best for the whole worlds economy? Who the fuck is the nobody community organizer from Chicago to tell Other countries they have to keep spending money they don't have to save us all. The man is an idiot. The leaders rejecting his calls to keep up the deficit spending around the world are the wise ones. Able to look further than the next election cycle in America into the future and see that Spending more does not solve the problem. All it does is delay it, and make the reckoning that much worse when it comes.

However I do not expect anyone who is still defending the policies of this President and the Democrat congress to understand that. Ever!.

Last edited:

Yeah because Obama is an all knowing messiah and not only should Americans just shut up and listen to him, but every nation on earth as well. If not they are making the problem worse.

Where do you get the Idea that Obama knows best for the whole worlds economy?

Let's just say I know a little more about economics than you do (and by a little, I meant enough to fill several volumes).

Let's just say I know a little more about economics than you do (and by a little, I meant enough to fill several volumes).

I know you think you do, But then Liberal assholes like you always think they know more than everyone else. Nothing new about that.

I know you think you do, But then Liberal assholes like you always think they know more than everyone else. Nothing new about that.

It's not a thought. It's a fact.

If you're supporting Obama's economic policies then you don't know dick about economics.

I find it funny he uses the filibuster of the financial reform Bill as an example to "prove" that the Republicans would have never gave in on the Unemployment Filibuster.

He is of course being dishonest as usual. See the Republicans were on record from the start as being opposed to the Dems Financial Reform Bill in Any incarnation. They were never going to support it, and made that abundantly clear. There were no "demands" that the Dems met and the republicans then added more Demands. That is a complete falsehood. They made it clear from they start they were Never going to support the Bill in any form. They stated they would filibuster until the bill was dead.

With the unemployment extension Bill the Republicans made it clear from Day one they would support it, if the Democrats were willing to come up with a way to pay for it. They also made it clear that while they could support extending Benefits, they would not support the 30 Billion Dollars to bail out State budgets that was attached to the bill. The Democrats on the other hand, were not only unwilling to pay for it, they were unwilling to even talk about paying for it with the republicans. Yet these fools are trying to blame the smallest minority in recent history for blocking the bill. What a joke.

I suggest you people who simply spew out Democrat Talking points, and regurgitate what Ever Congressional Democrats tell you what to say. Actually watch some c-span before you repeat your bold faced lies about the goings on in our congress. Watch live coverage of the Debates and filibusters and hear what is actually said on the floor of the house and Senate. How could you get any more reliable facts than to see the people say it themselves. Instead of repeating what the talking heads what you to think about it.

Last edited:
People need to toughen up and stop depending on the government to take care of them.
The government if it wants to help the people it needs to create job growth by giving tax cuts to business’s that will hire the unemployed.
The people of this country are the ones to big to fail. So nows the time for obama to do something instead of playing golf or have dinner party's

Umm, Congress has already cut taxes

What a joke. Obama is busy proposing more BUSINESS taxes as we speak and you claim he has cut taxes. Get your head out of your ass.

I find it funny he uses the filibuster of the financial reform Bill as an example to "prove" that the Republicans would have never gave in on the Unemployment Filibuster.

He is of course being dishonest as usual. See the Republicans were on record from the start as being opposed to the Dems Financial Reform Bill in Any incarnation. They were never going to support it, and made that abundantly clear. There were no "demands" that the Dems met and the republicans then added more Demands. That is a complete falsehood. They made it clear from they start they were Never going to support the Bill in any form. They stated they would filibuster until the bill was dead.

With the unemployment extension Bill the Republicans made it clear from Day one they would support it, if the Democrats were willing to come up with a way to pay for it. They also made it clear that while they could support extending Benefits, they would not support the 30 Billion Dollars to bail out State budgets that was attached to the bill. The Democrats on the other hand, were not only unwilling to pay for it, they were unwilling to even talk about paying for it with the republicans. Yet these fools are trying to blame the smallest minority in recent history for blocking the bill. What a joke.

I suggest you people who simply spew out Democrat Talking points, and regurgitate what Ever Congressional Democrats tell you what to say. Actually watch some c-span before you repeat your bold faced lies about the goings on in our congress. Watch live coverage of the Debates and filibusters and hear what is actually said on the floor of the house and Senate. How could you get any more reliable facts than to see the people say it themselves. Instead of repeating what the talking heads what you to think about it.

Once again, you have no idea what you're talking about. Brown said he'd vote for the bill in exchange for allowing banks to invest part of their assets in hedge funds, along other concessions.

If you're supporting Obama's economic policies then you don't know dick about economics.

Coming from a supporter of policies that have been tried and failed in every recession in the past 100 years, that's rich.

I support what Reagan did it work even when Clinton signed NAFTA. Reaganomics worked up until big government democrats and republicans eroded the economy. Reaganomics even help clinton, So you misguided person please stop acting as if you are an expert, or even think you might know what is going on. You don't know shit if you can support what obama is doing.

Coming from a supporter of policies that have been tried and failed in every recession in the past 100 years, that's rich.

I support what Reagan did it work even when Clinton signed NAFTA. Reaganomics worked up until big government democrats and republicans eroded the economy. Reaganomics even help clinton, So you misguided person please stop acting as if you are an expert, or even think you might know what is going on. You don't know shit if you can support what obama is doing.

If "Reaganomics" worked so well, why was the economy so much worse in the 1980s than it was in the 1970s?

If "Reaganomics" worked so well, why was the economy so much worse in the 1980s than it was in the 1970s?

just plain HORSESHIT. What books are you getting this Horseshit from? I lived through the 70's into the 80's The economy was wrose in the 70's then it was in the 80''s things started picking up around 83-84

Forum List

Back