are you better off than you were two years ago ?

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
it's too bad that, the republican senators voted down unbuck extension. at some point someone has to be realistic about finance. the democrat congress wasted the money on "the sex life of a college freshman girl" and seven mil for hillary's pollster. we can't stay an uncontolled frivolous spending indefinately. your hard earned tax money isn't monopoly money. so it's time to start asking "are you better off than you were two years ago? as promised? pood pa nub.

Maybe we should pull the plug on the two military escapades we got going and use that money to help Americans here at home who find themselves unemployed and without prospect.

it's too bad that, the republican senators voted down unbuck extension. at some point someone has to be realistic about finance. the democrat congress wasted the money on "the sex life of a college freshman girl" and seven mil for hillary's pollster. we can't stay an uncontolled frivolous spending indefinately. your hard earned tax money isn't monopoly money. so it's time to start asking "are you better off than you were two years ago? as promised? pood pa nub.

Your post is rambling nonsense, but I will answer anyway.

Two years ago, June 2008

Stock market and housing market was in a collapse. I lost 33% of my 401K and my house lost 20% in value. My 21 yr old son was cancelled from my health insurance plan and had to go on the private market to spend too much money on a plan that pays very little.

Today, June 2010

The Stock Market has recovered much of what it lost and my 401K is almost back to where it was two years ago. My house is still below value but has regained 5-10% of its loss.
With the passing of healthcare, I can now put my son back onto my healthcare plan and he can have full coverage again.

So, the answer in my situation is that I am better off than I was two years ago

I'm in pretty much the same position, but my neighbors are hurting. My nephew, who is in his 30's, is living with my brother again and there is no game plan for him moving out -- because the only job he could find pays minimum wage. My across the street neighbor, who relies entirely on meals on wheels for her food, is now getting only 4 out of 7 days' worth. My next door neighbor, who almost certainly has a broken foot, is delaying treatment until she can locate a cut rate medical provider, because she cannot pay full price in cash.

All in all, I don't see the recovery taking hold among people whose lives touch mine.

the gulf spill is our Dust bowl.

You can thank Cheney for his energy policy along with Bush fro crashing the world economy and giving us two failed wars.

I'm in pretty much the same position, but my neighbors are hurting. My nephew, who is in his 30's, is living with my brother again and there is no game plan for him moving out -- because the only job he could find pays minimum wage. My across the street neighbor, who relies entirely on meals on wheels for her food, is now getting only 4 out of 7 days' worth. My next door neighbor, who almost certainly has a broken foot, is delaying treatment until she can locate a cut rate medical provider, because she cannot pay full price in cash.

All in all, I don't see the recovery taking hold among people whose lives touch mine.

about your nephew, under those conditions he would certainly qualify for pell grants and be able to go to a state college for free.

Who did Cheney meet with and what did they deside in his energy meetings?

You voted for this oil spill.

i still think its hilarious that the same GOP that spent trillions on useless wars and medicaid part D is now getting fiscally responsible over 31 billion....

I am better off now. two years ago I was still in school, now I am done and 1 of 4 that started whats becoming a really successful company

i still think its hilarious that the same GOP that spent trillions on useless wars and medicaid part D is now getting fiscally responsible over 31 billion....
...or the party which mewled about BOOOOOOSH! blowing holes in the deficit running up one of a trillion dollars their first year holding all the marbles.

Meet the new boss.....

about your nephew, under those conditions he would certainly qualify for pell grants and be able to go to a state college for free.

Well, that was the plan, blu. But my nephew is just not emotionally able to attend college and succeed there -- he needs a blue collar job, and there just are none available here that will pay him a living wage.

BTW, I think you greatly exaggerate the level of federal student aid available, but as I have said it doesn't matter -- this is not someone who can go to college.

...or the party which mewled about BOOOOOOSH! blowing holes in the deficit running up one of a trillion dollars their first year holding all the marbles.

Meet the new boss.....

if only paul was voted pres in 08 and brought schiff in to run monetary policy... voting for mccain or obama should be considered as treasonous

Our health care costs are skyrocketing, due to the increase in the cost of the plan, as well as raised deductibles and the co-pays;

our income has not come CLOSE to rising at the same rate as inflation,

any thoughts about retirement are nothing but pipe dreams, since I'm fairly certain we'll never see those monies/benefits that we've been paying for all these years,

so, no. We're in a much worse situation now.

Well, that was the plan, blu. But my nephew is just not emotionally able to attend college and succeed there -- he needs a blue collar job, and there just are none available here that will pay him a living wage.

BTW, I think you greatly exaggerate the level of federal student aid available, but as I have said it doesn't matter -- this is not someone who can go to college.

i haven't exaggerated anything. if you qualify for pell grants, which is automatic if you are over 24 and don't make over twenty or thirty something thousand a year, then you get like $5500 a year towards college which around here anyway covers you for a full year ($2600 a semester) and even helps a little with books.

and if he needs a blue collar job he can still attend a technical or vocational school. anything to get off the min wage route

Forum List

Back