Blue Bloods

Discussion in 'TV Forum' started by JOSweetHeart, Feb 3, 2018.

1. JOSweetHeart

JOSweetHeart Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,611
    Does anyone else here watch this show? Last night's episode was really good. I am glad that girl was going to be cleared of her assault charge once her community service was done. I felt bad for her. It was either she be pounded or her teacher. To me, what the principal ended up doing actually made some sense. Speaking to them students in the only language that they understand is exactly what should've been done because when you multiply a positive times a negative, what do you get? Not a positive, but you will get a positive when you multiply a negative times a negative.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. At the end of the show, when a preview for the next new episode was put out there, it was said that it wouldn't be shown until March 2nd. Why are we having to wait so long, especially when new episodes are normally shown all through the current month?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,389
    Is good show...

... got Tom Selleck in it...

... Granny thinks he's a hunk.

P.S. At the end of the show, when a preview for the next new episode was put out there, it was said that it wouldn't be shown until March 2nd. Why are we having to wait so long, especially when new episodes are normally shown all through the current month?

Winter Olympics comin' on.

3. fncceo

fncceo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,405
    What’s not to love?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. usmbguest5318

usmbguest5318 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,779
    It may be a good show; I don't know. I know that when I'd first heard about it I thought it was about something totally different from what it is about. I've had enough with police dramas, so, I don't watch it.

Truly, I've had enough with the continuing drama aspect of nighttime television, period. I "get" the notion of character development and why writers, actors and directors incorporate it into dramatic television productions. It's also not lost on me that the so-called "dramady" (hour-long programs that blend comedy with drama) challenge the television academy because there's no clear cut "box" in which to fit them.

That said, were I desirous of continuing drama, I'd watch daytime television dramas. Frankly, I'd like to see more night time drama that, like Twilight Zone, is the television equivalent of short stories that have nothing to do with one another and that are instead self-contained dramatic stories that stand on their own and are good. Television is able to do that with miniseries that run as specials of a sort, but it seems unable (unwilling?) to produce them as regular programming.

The closest to that and of which I'm aware, is American Horror Story, which is sort of like that, but the dramatic presentation spans a whole season instead of one to three episodes. After that, Murdoch Mysteries and Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries approach it; they both have minor ongoing storylines pertaining to the personal lives of the protagonists, but mostly each episode is self-contained. Otherwise, the only wholly self-contained episodic shows I can think of are in the non-fiction genre.

5. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,389
    Granny says ya shoulda seen him...

... in Quigley Down Under.

6. JOSweetHeart

JOSweetHeart Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,611
    Thank you.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I hate Winter Olympics.

7. miketx

miketx Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83,563
    I've been watching it but I don't care for how easily Selleck and the rest go along with unconstitutional laws, and his oldest son portrays a rights violating cop that assaults cuffed suspects frequently. And yes I know it's fiction, but I thought Selleck was a little more Patriotic then he portrays himself. I think I would find a role like that unconscionable unless I were portraying a bad guy.

8. JOSweetHeart

JOSweetHeart Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,611
    Last night's show in my opinion was sad. To me, if his grades don't suffer, Jack should work an after school job to help pay for college and Nikki should've recorded/film that last encounter with her boss. That would've been plenty to help get him put away for going after her.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

9. miketx

miketx Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83,563
    Nikki's hot, but too bad she's a dyke.

10. JOSweetHeart

JOSweetHeart Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,611
    ^^^ No she isn't. She dates a male cop at the end of season six when she got kidnapped by the guy that Danny had to blow away in that open field.

God bless you always!!!

Holly