Trump says no welfare checks if the brder wall is not approved

YET, THE SNAP PROGRAM, NOT ONLY
ALLOWS THOSE WITH A LINK CARD
TO PURCHASE CRAP THATS NOT HEALTHY
NOR, IS ESSENTIAL FOR PROPER NUTRITION,
BUT, THEY DONT EVEN HAVE TO PAY TAXES

No matter how many stories we tell about our food stamp experiences, the liberals tell us we are either FOS or that these are anomalies. A few have said that something is wrong with me for watching over the people who use SNAPs cards, what they buy, and taking note of what kind of vehicle they load the groceries into after leaving the store.

SNAP - Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Used to purchase sugary or salty non-foods (snacks) betrays the stated intent of the program. There is a thriving underground economy built around converting food stamps and prescription drugs to cash...those who deny that either profit from it or haven't spent much time in the trenches, so to speak.

Two immediate, easy steps can be taken - limit the foods that can be purchased, similar to WIC - and enable stores to do charge backs. If the goal is to feed the hungry - we can start up government food give-aways again - canned and powdered milk, cheese, rice, beans, etc. The loudest voices in protest will be the grocer's associations - especially those representing convenience stores which carry very little in the way of nutritional foods.

Compassion sells, money legislates.

And no, it is not their money to spend as they please - it is money earned by folks who've been forced to spend it on nutrition assistance for others and it is not well spent when spent on candy, chips and soda, etc...or converted to cash.
I think we should go back to the government surplus program we used to have back in the 70's and 80's. Trucks would come around and give away 5# tins of peanut butter, sacks of instant potatoes, 10# hunks of cheese, etc. etc. When I worked at a home for disabled adults, a lot of the staples in our kitchen came from government surplus. I don't know where the cook went to get it, but we always had it. Then she brought veggies from her farm in season and went to the store for the rest. A lot of our food banks have struck deals with farmers for really good deals on "deformed" veggies the supermarkets won't buy. There's nothing wrong with them--they're just misshapen.
SNAP is not a lot of money to feed the folks it covers for a month. It's SUPPLEMENTAL and that means it should be spent on the basics. But it could be a lot less if some of those tons of vegetables that are grown and never make it to market were distributed and processed by the government as surplus and were given to SNAP recipients in lieu of cash. It would make more money for farmers, too. Why don't they do that anymore?

What we really need to do is video record all SNAP's purchases. When they have one of a person using stamps and then buying alcohol, cigarettes, perfume, huge bags of dog food, cat litter with cash, they should then take SNAP's away from them.

No matter how many stories we tell about our food stamp experiences, the liberals tell us we are either FOS or that these are anomalies. A few have said that something is wrong with me for watching over the people who use SNAPs cards, what they buy, and taking note of what kind of vehicle they load the groceries into after leaving the store.

SNAP - Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Used to purchase sugary or salty non-foods (snacks) betrays the stated intent of the program. There is a thriving underground economy built around converting food stamps and prescription drugs to cash...those who deny that either profit from it or haven't spent much time in the trenches, so to speak.

Two immediate, easy steps can be taken - limit the foods that can be purchased, similar to WIC - and enable stores to do charge backs. If the goal is to feed the hungry - we can start up government food give-aways again - canned and powdered milk, cheese, rice, beans, etc. The loudest voices in protest will be the grocer's associations - especially those representing convenience stores which carry very little in the way of nutritional foods.

And no, it is not their money to spend as they please - it is money earned by folks who've been forced to spend it on nutrition assistance for others and it is not well spent when spent on candy, chips and soda, etc...or converted to cash.
I think we should go back to the government surplus program we used to have back in the 70's and 80's. Trucks would come around and give away 5# tins of peanut butter, sacks of instant potatoes, 10# hunks of cheese, etc. etc. When I worked at a home for disabled adults, a lot of the staples in our kitchen came from government surplus. I don't know where the cook went to get it, but we always had it. Then she brought veggies from her farm in season and went to the store for the rest. A lot of our food banks have struck deals with farmers for really good deals on "deformed" veggies the supermarkets won't buy. There's nothing wrong with them--they're just misshapen.
SNAP is not a lot of money to feed the folks it covers for a month. It's SUPPLEMENTAL and that means it should be spent on the basics. But it could be a lot less if some of those tons of vegetables that are grown and never make it to market were distributed and processed by the government as surplus and were given to SNAP recipients in lieu of cash. It would make more money for farmers, too. Why don't they do that anymore?

What we really need to do is video record all SNAP's purchases. When they have one of a person using stamps and then buying alcohol, cigarettes, perfume, huge bags of dog food, cat litter with cash, they should then take SNAP's away from them.

I hate to inform you but what you claim is not possible. The cash register reads the bar codes on the items and will not allow you to buy that item with an EBT card. My daughter was on SNAP due to a deadbeat ex and used them for a while. She was also the head cashier for a major grocery chain in Florida.

I hate to inform you but what you claim is not possible. The cash register reads the bar codes on the items and will not allow you to buy that item with an EBT card. My daughter was on SNAP due to a deadbeat ex and used them for a while. She was also the head cashier for a major grocery chain in Florida.

You must have read too quickly, I said they buy those other items with cash. I've seen it repeatedly. In fact, the newer registers separates food stamp items from cash items automatically. Before that, they used to have to make two purchases: one purchase for food stamp items and another purchase for cash items.

If I were on food stamps, I would be embarrassed to buy those other items at the same time in front of taxpaying people. But we have lost our shame in todays society. I would go through the trouble of putting my food stamp items in the car first and then go back and shop again for cash items.

You must have read too quickly, I said they buy those other items with cash. I've seen it repeatedly. In fact, the newer registers separates food stamp items from cash items automatically. Before that, they used to have to make two purchases: one purchase for food stamp items and another purchase for cash items.

If I were on food stamps, I would be embarrassed to buy those other items at the same time in front of taxpaying people. But we have lost our shame in todays society. I would go through the trouble of putting my food stamp items in the car first and then go back and shop again for cash items.

I'm sorry, but that is not abuse of the system. That is reality.

I also would like to know how you think you would prevent that from happening.

It is light-years better than it used to be. Want to have fun? Get in line behind somebody on WIC!

It is light-years better than it used to be. Want to have fun? Get in line behind somebody on WIC!

Oh yes, that's happened several times; one time when I got behind one of my tenants at the grocery store. There should be a separate line just for those people.

I disagree. I do think that's an abuse of the system. We are feeding people who are not using their cash for their own food, but instead, feeding their two large dogs and taking care of their three cats. They are using their cash to get drunk and smoke a carton of cigarettes a week. If that's not abuse, I don't know what is.

I'm more than willing to help out people who have no choice but to eat or starve. But that's not the case with many of these abusers. It's an entitlement that allows them to spend their own money on non-essential things that they really don't need while using our hard earned money to eat off of.

Oh yes, that's happened several times; one time when I got behind one of my tenants at the grocery store. There should be a separate line just for those people.

I disagree. I do think that's an abuse of the system. We are feeding people who are not using their cash for their own food, but instead, feeding their two large dogs and taking care of their three cats. They are using their cash to get drunk and smoke a carton of cigarettes a week. If that's not abuse, I don't know what is.

I'm more than willing to help out people who have no choice but to eat or starve. But that's not the case with many of these abusers. It's an entitlement that allows them to spend their own money on non-essential things that they really don't need while using our hard earned money to eat off of.

Well, if you had been placed in that type of situation beyond your control, you might feel different.

Well, if you had been placed in that type of situation beyond your control, you might feel different.

Not at all. Hey........I've been poor before. I've been in situations where they wanted to disconnect my utilities for non-payment.

This was especially true in the early 80's where I was young and stupid enough to get pissed off and walk off of my job. I couldn't collect unemployment, and back then, there weren't even any McDonald's jobs around.

I had to give up a lot of things. I used 40 watt lightbulbs around my apartment. I gave up my beer that I loved so dearly. I signed up at every temp agency in the area to get some kind of work albeit minimum wage work. I worked several crummy jobs at once. Grocery shopping was a 5 lbs package of ground beef to make hamburgers for the week and a loaf of bread to put the hamburgers on.

So what is poverty today? Poverty is getting a government cell phone with 250 minutes a month for free. Poverty is downgrading your cable television plan down to U-200 from the U-300 plan, and maybe selecting a slightly lower internet connection. Poverty today is getting drunk, taking care of a household of animals, and eating great off of the taxpayers. Poverty today means renting a HUD house in the suburbs and have paying utility customers pay for your utilities.

The point is that people refuse to sacrifice any longer when times do get tough.

Speaking of welfare...in part, food stamps

So, I just got home from 7 11 about 10 minutes ago...
I took a walk to get a 2 liter of soda
and $10 cash back to do a couple loads of laundry.

Now, mind you, I live on the SW side of Chicago.
Last week, cook county passed a sweetened beverage tax
at a penny an ounce for all sweetened non alcoholic beverages...
with the exception of, when using the link(snap) card

Supposedly, this is intended to fight obesity
and promote healthy consumption choices...
(again, the key word is supposedly)

So, the way overweight, Hispanic girl in front of me
has sunflower seeds, good humor single ice cream bars
Reese cups, a kit Kat, a snicker bar, a bag of Cheetos,
a bag of doritos, a 12 pk of Coke, a large slurpie,
and a couple other snack items, I forget....

Her total came to almost 23$
AND SHE USED A LINK CARD TO BUY ALL THIS CRAP!

THESE CORRUPT AS FUCK, ILLINOIS POLITICIANS
CLAIM THEY IMPOSED, YET, ANOTHER TAX ON US,
IN THE INTEREST OF CURBING OBESITY
AND HEALTHIER CONSUMPTION CHOICES....

IF YOU CAN BUY THAT JUNK WITH YOUR LINK CARD
YOU'RE EITHER GETTING TOO MUCH OR DON'T NEED IT

The argument that....
oh, people will go hungry if you cut their benefits
IS BULLSHIT!

Shit pisses me off!
That's crazy. Candy, soda and junk snacks shouldn't be SNAP eligible. Then it gets hard though. Icecream is a food. It has calcium and who wants to deny any little kid an ice cream cone on a hot day? Plain Doritos are a base for nachos and could be called a "food." So how do you decide which is okay and which isn't? No Cheetos or fried pork rinds but tortilla chips and low cal pretzels (good after school snack with humus) are sensible. So maybe that's where they're having trouble. Of course, I see people buying stuff not covered by SNAP all the time, separate from their SNAP purchases, so they've got a little cash for extras.
I do think that part of the problem is that there aren't enough proper supermarkets in some parts of cities to go and buy proper food, so when folks get hungry, they walk to the 7-11, which is all there is nearby, and get whatever junk they can find.
All our convenience store/gas stations in town sell real prepared food, like sandwiches and yogurt/fruit cups and salads, but they aren't covered by SNAP cards.
I do think that part of the problem is that there aren't enough proper supermarkets in some parts of cities to go and buy proper food, so when folks get hungry, they walk to the 7-11, which is all there is nearby, and get whatever junk they can find.
Darling, look at the time I posted

They were more then likely high and had the munchies!

There are 3 grocery stores
within a 10 block radius from the 7 11...
none of which are open at 1:30 in the morning
All our convenience store/gas stations in town sell real prepared food, like sandwiches and yogurt/fruit cups and salads, but they aren't covered by SNAP cards
Only hot, prepared food, is not covered by SNAP

Darling, you can use your SNAP card to buy a deli tray

And, as far as this goes...
Icecream is a food. It has calcium and who wants to deny any little kid an ice cream cone on a hot day?
Milk and cheese have calcium...
ice cream is a treat, not a calcium supplement!

Mommy can take an ice cube tray,
fill it with kool aid, put a piece of plastic wrap over the tray
poke toothpicks in the cube sections, pop it in the freezer...
Voilà... ice pops on a hot day for the kids!

WTF...beggars can't be choosers!

Fuck Tostitos and humus,
here's some celery and peanut butter

Forum List

Back