Trump Chaos and 2020

A pity petulance isn't an impeachable offense

His supporters actually applaud him his behavior w/all manner of 'tough guy' claims

Preparing one's self for lack of choice, illusion of democracy & loss of freedoms in an orwellian dystopia is easier once accepted

~S~
After Trump's win, I posted that my fear was that he'd screw up so badly that, in response, the Regressive Left would be able to fully take over the Democratic Party. Then we'd see only the far ends of the spectrum represented in 2020. So no matter which party won, it would be very bad news.

Right now, at this moment, my fear is pretty much playing out in real time.

Normally I love your posts. But your out to lunch on this one.

Trump has done a great job. What you forget is that he's not a politician and never will be. He's a businessman who know how to get things done without all the glad handing which politicians are great at.

UE is the lowest its been in 50 years. The economy is doing great and we have jobs all across the country.

He's not as smooth as a politician but he gets his foreign policy done as well.

He'll win in 2020 so you'd better get used to that fact.
The unemployment rate has continued the downward trajectory it was enjoying when Trump took office.

The economy is at a mere 2.0% GDP and the Fed has had to step in to lower rates to deal with the weakness.

We are officially in a manufacturing recession.

We have exploded the deficit in a time of growth, something that even Keynes himself would have disliked.

Those are just facts. Hopefully a (good) trade deal with China will get us back on track. But at the moment, there is not much for Trump to crow about on this topic.

Oh Barry left Trump a fair hand but Trump has improved on it greatly.

If you think any POTUS of either party will ever balance the budget then you might as well piss up a rope.

The Only POTUS who did it was Andrew Jackson and that was in 1840.

Oh and I hope you aren't holding your breath for a recession cause it won't happen. The country is doing great right now and will continue to do great.
Precisely how has Trump "greatly improved on it"?

Nope, as I've pointed out here many times, I'm always hopeful regardless of the letter that follows a President's name. This is my profession, so I always want a strong economy.

Anything else?

Believe as you wish and I will to. Have a great day.

This is just the last few days. It has been like this for over two years now. It's happened with such frequency that it almost seems NORMAL, and that's the LAST thing it should be.

This man should not be in the White House. He is unstable, he is not mentally well, he has no empathy or loyalty or decency or dignity, and he's becoming a literal danger to this country. This can't continue

His supporters actually applaud him his behavior w/all manner of 'tough guy' claims

So now I have to prepare myself to do it again, against my impulses and wishes.

Preparing one's self for lack of choice, illusion of democracy & loss of freedoms in an orwellian dystopia is easier once accepted

~S~
After Trump's win, I posted that my fear was that he'd screw up so badly that, in response, the Regressive Left would be able to fully take over the Democratic Party. Then we'd see only the far ends of the spectrum represented in 2020. So no matter which party won, it would be very bad news.

Trump has done a great job. What you forget is that he's not a politician and never will be. He's a businessman who know how to get things done without all the glad handing which politicians are great at.

UE is the lowest its been in 50 years. The economy is doing great and we have jobs all across the country.

The unemployment rate has continued the downward trajectory it was enjoying when Trump took office.

The economy is at a mere 2.0% GDP and the Fed has had to step in to lower rates to deal with the weakness.

We have exploded the deficit in a time of growth, something that even Keynes himself would have disliked.

Those are just facts. Hopefully a (good) trade deal with China will get us back on track. But at the moment, there is not much for Trump to crow about on this topic.

Or you could spin it, as Trump kept the expansion going for far longer than normal. Far, far longer.
Yes, that would be the spin.

So he writes (and actually sends, holy shit) a letter to a world leader that looks like it was written by a fourth grader. He loses his shit in a meeting with the leaders of a co-equal branch of government, insults them, meeting ends. Before that he's trolling and dancing on the graves of the Kurds, as bombs were raining down on them, after he threw our allies under the bus.

This is just the last few days. It has been like this for over two years now. It's happened with such frequency that it almost seems NORMAL, and that's the LAST thing it should be.

Meanwhile, the Democratic Party is now largely under the control of illiberal leftist authoritarians. I'd really like to vote third party, since both parties have completely gone over the edge. I wanted to vote third party in 2016, but I knew I didn't want Trump within miles of the Oval Office. So I held my nose with both hands and voted for Hillary.

This man should not be in the White House. He is unstable, he is not mentally well, he has no empathy or loyalty or decency or dignity, and he's becoming a literal danger to this country. This can't continue. So now I have to prepare myself to do it again, against my impulses and wishes.

He won, and dims have been losing their minds since. This fake impeachment debate has nothing to do with anything else except that dims don’t like him. None of the ridiculous dim candidates have dignity, empathy,loyalty, or appear mentally stable. Nor can they present reasons why they should be president, or handle stress. Losers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you see no difference between Trump's behaviors & temperament, and that of the Democratic candidates?

Good one. I’m voting for Don again though.

So he writes (and actually sends, holy shit) a letter to a world leader that looks like it was written by a fourth grader. He loses his shit in a meeting with the leaders of a co-equal branch of government, insults them, meeting ends. Before that he's trolling and dancing on the graves of the Kurds, as bombs were raining down on them, after he threw our allies under the bus.

Meanwhile, the Democratic Party is now largely under the control of illiberal leftist authoritarians. I'd really like to vote third party, since both parties have completely gone over the edge. I wanted to vote third party in 2016, but I knew I didn't want Trump within miles of the Oval Office. So I held my nose with both hands and voted for Hillary.

This man should not be in the White House. He is unstable, he is not mentally well, he has no empathy or loyalty or decency or dignity, and he's becoming a literal danger to this country. This can't continue. So now I have to prepare myself to do it again, against my impulses and wishes.

He won, and dims have been losing their minds since. This fake impeachment debate has nothing to do with anything else except that dims don’t like him. None of the ridiculous dim candidates have dignity, empathy,loyalty, or appear mentally stable. Nor can they present reasons why they should be president, or handle stress. Losers.

Its more than that they don't like him. They're afraid if they don't utterly destroy him, more and more people will start thinking it's ok to speak out against PC orthodoxy and that's why they need to make an example of him.

And he’s the one to dish it back.

~S~

Or you could spin it, as Trump kept the expansion going for far longer than normal. Far, far longer.

Both are spin. You can see mine. I can see both.

When you accept your side's spin, you are being the tribalism you decry.

So you see no difference between Trump's behaviors & temperament, and that of the Democratic candidates?

Good one. I’m voting for Don again though.

That's what has him irked.

Okay, great.

~S~

If you think any POTUS of either party will ever balance the budget then you might as well piss up a rope.

Oh and I hope you aren't holding your breath for a recession cause it won't happen. The country is doing great right now and will continue to do great.

Nope, as I've pointed out here many times, I'm always hopeful regardless of the letter that follows a President's name. This is my profession, so I always want a strong economy.

Anything else?
He basically took government out of the way of business, like we said should be done for decades.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

If you disagree that means you have not followed events in the Mid East or Ukraine. Direct Obama/Clinton results.
Or, I disagree because I see reality differently than you do.

If you want to confuse fact and opinion, and think that this makes me "wrong", that's fine with me.

Is it a fact or opinion that the Mideast was burnt to a cinder under the guise of an “Arab spring”?
Is it a fact or opinion that Euromaiden and the Obama/Clinton backed overthrow of Ukraine’s elected President led to a civil war there still ongoing?
Both are opinions.
I suppose people who can claim a man is a woman could easily say there is no civil war in Ukraine.
That disconnect with reality is one of the reasons we threw your side out and elected Trump.
So in your mind, when I think that a post that is laden with silly hyperbole and partisan talking points is an opinion-based post, I'm denying that there is a civil war in Ukraine.

This is another example of why I no longer put much effort into trying to communicate with wingers. We exist on different intellectual planets.

” Is it a fact or opinion that Euromaiden and the Obama/Clinton backed overthrow of Ukraine’s elected President led to a civil war there still ongoing?”

Point out the hyperbole.

Anything else?
He basically took government out of the way of business, like we said should be done for decades.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk
And what did it do to the GDP?

Okay, great.

Don't you want to fight that tribalism? I am here to help you.

Or, I disagree because I see reality differently than you do.

If you want to confuse fact and opinion, and think that this makes me "wrong", that's fine with me.

Is it a fact or opinion that the Mideast was burnt to a cinder under the guise of an “Arab spring”?
Is it a fact or opinion that Euromaiden and the Obama/Clinton backed overthrow of Ukraine’s elected President led to a civil war there still ongoing?
Both are opinions.
I suppose people who can claim a man is a woman could easily say there is no civil war in Ukraine.
That disconnect with reality is one of the reasons we threw your side out and elected Trump.
So in your mind, when I think that a post that is laden with silly hyperbole and partisan talking points is an opinion-based post, I'm denying that there is a civil war in Ukraine.

This is another example of why I no longer put much effort into trying to communicate with wingers. We exist on different intellectual planets.

” Is it a fact or opinion that Euromaiden and the Obama/Clinton backed overthrow of Ukraine’s elected President led to a civil war there still ongoing?”

Point out the hyperbole.
I don't know who "Euromaiden" is supposed to be. You'll have to translate from talk radio for me.

And I notice that you left out the part about "Mideast burnt to a cinder". That was the hyperbole.

It's like you people are required to be intellectually dishonest. It makes communication difficult.

My understanding is totally different.
Apparently they had this meeting yesterday.....and the Democrat leaders decided to stage another event.
Trump handed out a copy of the letter he sent to all of the members present....Pelosi refused to read it...turned it face-down on the table....then started making wise-cracks about Putin and Trump. Trump asks Pelosi what she finds so funny and she starts throwing a fit and storms out. Once the spoiled Dems left....they actually got something done. Meanwhile the Democrats were outside pouting and making up their version of what happened in the meeting and Nancy Pelosi is nashing her dentures and grinning like a cokehead. I really think the next time she shows up at the White House, she should do it sober.

You can always tell the weak minds........they regurgitate the last thing they saw in the media......and anything the democrats say....

Use the search function. Look for concern for the Kurds prior to last week...or even an awareness.
But the orders came down this past week didn’t they?

Both are opinions.

Point out the hyperbole.
I don't know who "Euromaiden" is supposed to be. You'll have to translate from talk radio for me.

And I notice that you left out the part about "Mideast burnt to a cinder". That was the hyperbole.

It's like you people are required to be intellectually dishonest. It makes communication difficult.
Both are opinions.

Point out the hyperbole.

You didn’t seem to be addressing it. You replied

“So in your mind, when I think that a post that is laden with silly hyperbole and partisan talking points is an opinion-based post, I'm denying that there is a civil war in Ukraine.”

So stick to your complaint.

Both are opinions.

Point out the hyperbole.

So you are discussing something you have no knowledge of?
Euromaidan - Wikipedia

Both are opinions.

Point out the hyperbole.

So you are discussing something you have no knowledge of?
Euromaidan - Wikipedia
Could be!

And since this wasn't the point of the thread, I'm not worried about it.

The point of this thread was your whining that evil forces are making you vote Democrat.

The point of this thread was your whining that evil forces are making you vote Democrat.
Another distortion. You guys can't help yourselves.

I wonder if you even realize that.

Who knows.

Mac knows! He’s being forced to vote Democrat against his will and wingers are distorting his true words.

Forum List

Back