Trump can't lose if he keeps manufacturing jobs coming back to the U.S.

That’s true. The confirmed Russian interference did not prevent her from campaigning in those states.

Russia’s interference in the election, criminal hacking that Trump’s team was well aware of, is well documented.

In this interconnected age, voluntarily leaving the markets of your trading partners is dumb. Trump sold them BS; they bought it. As did you.

Lol, blaming the loss on the russians. You guys are a real hoot.
She just admitted why they lost key blue states.............slipped up didn't she.:abgg2q.jpg:

Wow Colombo, I “admitted” it months ago.

Actually it was years ago:

She lost because Trump ran the better campaign in 2016 and she lost in 2008 because Obama ran a better campaign then too as well. SHE IS A DISAPPOINTING CAMPAIGNER!!!! Some people got it and some people don’t. Whatever the secret sauce is that makes one pull a lever next to her name…she ain’t got it. Further evidence of this all-too-clear-fact are the states that Trump won. He won Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. Now, if he had won one of these states and lost the EV…someone like me would have said, “Hmm…that’s interesting.” Only because he won all 3 and won the EV do some folks like me (liberals) want to raise questions. To take this stance wounds your credibility. In the first place…One would have to wonder why the hackers spared Virginia—a very contentious state to be sure. Were they feeling generous?

And, just looking forward, if you think she is a disappointing campaigner, wait until you see Liz Warren run for office. Yeech!
Months ago..........LOL............Been a year and a half........

Why does Dem mental midgets still push she lost because of Russia Routine then..............Do you challenge your own Dems on that.......I haven't seen that.

You’d have to ask them. I imagine because the 17 intel agencies said they did, Trump’s advisor Stone said he knew Podesta was being hacked, and as it has come out, numerous campaign officials had meetings with Russia that they lied about.

Trump mouthpiece Hope Hicks from November 2016:

USA Today:

Hicks, responding to public statements by multiple Russian government officials that they had indeed had regular contact with the Trump campaign throughout the election, gave the Associated Press a blanket denial. “It never happened. There was no communication between the campaign and any foreign entity during the campaign."

Where are you when the obvious trump supporting racists are flinging their shit up against the wall. Do you challenge them? I haven’t seen that.
Giving Hillary exoneration before she and key witnesses haven't even testified........Do you challenge them........ROPE A DOPE NOPE

She just admitted why they lost key blue states.............slipped up didn't she.:abgg2q.jpg:

She lost because Trump ran the better campaign in 2016 and she lost in 2008 because Obama ran a better campaign then too as well. SHE IS A DISAPPOINTING CAMPAIGNER!!!! Some people got it and some people don’t. Whatever the secret sauce is that makes one pull a lever next to her name…she ain’t got it. Further evidence of this all-too-clear-fact are the states that Trump won. He won Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. Now, if he had won one of these states and lost the EV…someone like me would have said, “Hmm…that’s interesting.” Only because he won all 3 and won the EV do some folks like me (liberals) want to raise questions. To take this stance wounds your credibility. In the first place…One would have to wonder why the hackers spared Virginia—a very contentious state to be sure. Were they feeling generous?

And, just looking forward, if you think she is a disappointing campaigner, wait until you see Liz Warren run for office. Yeech!

Why does Dem mental midgets still push she lost because of Russia Routine then..............Do you challenge your own Dems on that.......I haven't seen that.

You’d have to ask them. I imagine because the 17 intel agencies said they did, Trump’s advisor Stone said he knew Podesta was being hacked, and as it has come out, numerous campaign officials had meetings with Russia that they lied about.

USA Today:

Hicks, responding to public statements by multiple Russian government officials that they had indeed had regular contact with the Trump campaign throughout the election, gave the Associated Press a blanket denial. “It never happened. There was no communication between the campaign and any foreign entity during the campaign."

Where are you when the obvious trump supporting racists are flinging their shit up against the wall. Do you challenge them? I haven’t seen that.
Giving Hillary exoneration before she and key witnesses haven't even testified........Do you challenge them........ROPE A DOPE NOPE

Of course she doesn't challenge them.

Your welcome.........it's a slight trend up.........

but pardon me when I don't believe in INSTANT GRATIFICATION............

long term effects will decide who is correct.

What is it that you are expecting in the long term?

What level do we need to hit for you to be correct?

Here is the graph for all of its recorded history...what year do we need to match for this to be a win?

View attachment 200516
Before NAFTA............the graph goes down down down in the late 90's during the time of the beginning of NAFTA..........

Yoda predicted a giant sucking sound from NAFTA............The Graph shows he's right............

So..........the graph goes toward pre NAFTA...........would be a goal indeed..............

Actually, the graph does not go down till after 2001, a full 8 years after NAFTA was signed.

upload_2018-6-23_11-18-23.png

Could it be that something other than NAFTA was the cause of that?

Here is the graph for all of its recorded history...what year do we need to match for this to be a win?

View attachment 200516
Before NAFTA............the graph goes down down down in the late 90's during the time of the beginning of NAFTA..........

Yoda predicted a giant sucking sound from NAFTA............The Graph shows he's right............

So..........the graph goes toward pre NAFTA...........would be a goal indeed..............

Actually, the graph does not go down till after 2001, a full 8 years after NAFTA was signed.

View attachment 200524

Went into effect January 1 1994. And it didn't instantly change the dynamics of Trade unless you believe companies can build all these industries in Mexico overnight...............

Infrastructure had to be built first. Didn't happen overnight........Our manufacturing industries DIED from that point on.....and it is my position and many others positions that NAFTA played a large role in it ......Same as the WTO.......

You actually make my point for me….

Tearing up the Iran deal makes the oil markets nervous because, quite clearly, either they will have a nuke or we will have to put boots on the ground to stop it. That is how this ends. It may not be this week, this month, or this year…but at some point, there will be either an acceptance of it or a prevention of it. So the price of oil rises. As for the politics of it, we had an agreement that had several signatories. We decided that we alone would leave it.

As for the unfair trade practices, we have avenues to pursue them. The WTO is one. What has Trump said about it: I’ll give you one guess:

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

The US. The richest nation the planet has ever seen….has a problem with the WTO which has helped make us the richest nation on the planet. Amazing, the other 160+ nations that are part of the WTO who have fared far worse than the US are not so upset with the body.

The UN is another. Oh wait, we’re withdrawing from that as well.

Its hilarious to think that we are so victimized. Today, I will be driving up through the coastal area of California on the way to the central valley. I’ll pass countless orchards, capitalization on the scale of trillions of dollars, on the way to visit a pretty humble area near Tahoe. We are so victimized by the world….I demand thoughts and prayers.
The WTO is a joke.............takes time and they haven't forced China to stop their abuses........we are not the only ones saying that..........and we are not the only ones pushing tariffs against them.................

We have no need of a foreign court telling us how to conduct our business and laws here..............We are a Sovereign Nation,...........and can go outside the bounds of a foreign Mickey Mouse Court to ensure FAIR TRADE...........If they go to the WTO and whine.......and get judgements against us.........we can simply create new tariffs and quotas in response..............and there really isn't a dang thing the WTO can do about it.

WTO and TPP are GLOBALIST wet dream for the world..........Under the TPP companies can sue nations for their very laws...........Let that sink in a moment.

Ok…. The laws of economics still apply. Folding your arms and pouting is not going to change it.
We’ll see where the CPI goes.
So that's how you see the disagreement we are having............pouting..........is that a term used for anyone who disagrees with you.............hmmm.

The data of Unfair Trade Practices has been put out there and confirmed...........the abuses are real............perhaps I should say the same to you.......pouting and folding your arms hoping the trade abuses will end.............

We are in disagreement..........I believe in standing for America when other countries use unfair trade practices.......You can spin that all you want.

No…that is what the US is doing…pouting, withdrawing, becoming belligerent. Diplomacy is about engagement. The more you withdraw, the less other countries care about what your particular issue are.
A matter of opinion yet again............

To call them on unfair trade is POUTING...........LOL.........

To push back is POUTING.............FUNNY........

Where in the hell did you dig up POUTING for demanding unfair trade practices end..............unbelievable.

To not want to work out the differences is pouting.
To “take your ball and go home” is pouting.
For centuries, nations have resolved problems two ways; wars and diplomacy. When you decide diplomacy is for the birds, you end up with wars. Sometimes bullets are involved. Whether they are involved or not, the long term ramifications for your nation are seldom good.

Thanks for the graph showing nothing changed after the election!

View attachment 200511

View attachment 200516

View attachment 200524

Went into effect January 1 1994. And it didn't instantly change the dynamics of Trade unless you believe companies can build all these industries in Mexico overnight...............

Infrastructure had to be built first. Didn't happen overnight........Our manufacturing industries DIED from that point on.....and it is my position and many others positions that NAFTA played a large role in it ......Same as the WTO.......

I understand that is your position, but it has been going on much longer than just NAFTA, times change, people need to do so also.

Here is a graph of the percent of jobs that manufacturing held in the US since 1950, as you can see it is been falling for longer than most of us have been alive.
upload_2018-6-23_11-34-19.png

NAFTA and other trade deals have not gutted American manufacturing — period

USA Today:

Few, if any, challenge their own political ideology here. I do call people out on when I think they are out of line. You guys do not. Ever.

No, Samantha Bee's vulgarity isn't equivalent to Roseanne Barr's racism
They say Trump is corrupt

Can you guys give any evidence of you doing the same?

USA Today:

Well, can you show me where you have challenged your fellow Trump supporters when they are obviously using racially tinged language? Have you ever challenged them on anything since this pervert took office?

USA Today:

Few, if any, challenge their own political ideology here. I do call people out on when I think they are out of line. You guys do not. Ever.

No, Samantha Bee's vulgarity isn't equivalent to Roseanne Barr's racism
They say Trump is corrupt

Can you guys give any evidence of you doing the same?

We’ll?
LordBrownTrout , eagle1462010

Please show us you calling out your fellow conservatives.

If you can.

I’m betting you can’t.

He's trying. And that's much more than i can say about the Globalist jerks in both Parties.They sold American Workers out a long time ago. Hopefully Trump can bring some hope back to our Workers. I wish him the best of luck.

He's trying. And that's much more than i can say about the Globalist jerks in both Parties.They sold American Workers out a long time ago. Hopefully Trump can bring some hope back to our Workers. I wish him the best of luck.

Trying is not really a good thing when you "try" makes things worse than they were. For every worker making steel there are 10 that use it that will now have their jobs in jeopardy.

The monetary loss that will be suffered by the grain farmers that will take the brunt of the trade war will be far above any gain from a couple of steel mills.

Trying is not really a good thing when you "try" makes things worse than they were. For every worker making steel there are 10 that use it that will now have their jobs in jeopardy.

The monetary loss that will be suffered by the grain farmers that will take the brunt of the trade war will be far above any gain from a couple of steel mills.

More Globalist fearmongering gibberish. They'll say and do anything to maintain the Status-Quo. 'If we start caring about our American Workers again, ARMAGEDDON is sure to follow!!!' They're liars and thieves. Period, end of story.

More Globalist fearmongering gibberish. They'll say and do anything to maintain the Status-Quo. 'If we start caring about our American Workers again, ARMAGEDDON is sure to follow!!!' They're liars and thieves. Period, end of story.

But you are not caring about the American Workers, just a select few in a very small industry. To the rest you say "Fuck off and die".

There is a reason that soybean prices are at a 9 year low, and most of that is thanks to Trump.

But you are not caring about the American Workers, just a select few in a very small industry. To the rest you say "Fuck off and die".

There is a reason that soybean prices are at a 9 year low, and most of that is thanks to Trump.

Liars and Thieves. They've completely sold American Workers out. Trump's trying to remedy that. Good on em. :thup:

Liars and Thieves. They've completely sold American Workers out. Trump's trying to remedy that. Good on em. :thup:

Who the hell is "they" and why do you only care about a tiny few American workers?

Why do you not give a shit about the farmer out there right now in his field?

I see again that Globalist supporters are still going to bat on how fighting back against unfair Trade deals.................

I see them spouting the typical talking points.............The answer or INSTANT GRATIFICATION isn't possible.........When countries go at it both sides lose at first...................It is a Siege not a quick battle...............The winner is determined over time.............

Betty Sutton says that on average, 15 U.S. factories close each day

The data shows there were 398,887 private manufacturing establishments of all sizes in the United States during the first quarter of 2001. By the end of 2010, the number declined to 342,647, a loss of 56,190 facilities. Over 10 years, that works out to an average yearly loss of 5,619 factories. Dividing that by the 365 days in a year produces a 15.39 average daily number of factories lost.

"The congresswoman has always had a very strong focus on revitalizing our manufacturing base and bringing new jobs to Ohio," DeAngelo said. "Because when you look at problems from the deficit on down, a lot of those problems can be remedied, in large part by rebuilding and revitalizing our manufacturing base."

Bureau of Labor statistics spokesman Gary Steinberg said Sutton used the correct data to come up with her figure, though her statement would have been more precise if she specified the time period over which the shutdowns occurred.

For example, the bureau’s statistics show the nation lost 8,660 factories in 2010, which works out to more than 23 each day that year. The rate was similar in 2009. In 2007 and 2008, roughly 1,500 factories shut down annually, which works out to just four daily closures.

DeAngelo said Sutton used the 10-year statistic because it was the most comprehensive number she could find. And while it might have been better if she cited that time period in her speech, her numbers on factory closures add up.

That's a Democrat saying the jobs are leaving.........and it says true................2001 was the beginning of WTO adding on to NAFTA..........and our companies left in droves to make bigger profits in shit hole countries with laughable wages and standards.........

Who is Killing American Manufacturing?

“This is strictly a business decision,” Nelson told the jeering workers. It wasn’t because of anything they had done. It was just that Mexico allows corporations to exploit its people in ways that America does not. Its minimum wage is 58 cents an hour, while the United States requires at least $7.25. For now, at least. Some GOP president candidates (Donald Trump) have said they think that’s too high.

The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) ensnared Mexican and American workers in a race to the bottom. And the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), a free trade deal among 12 countries instead of just three, would place American and Mexican workers in an even worse competition. They’d vie for jobs with forced and child labor in places like Brunei, Malaysia and Vietnam.

Under NAFTA, cheap American grain shipped to Mexico without tariffs destroyed peasant farming. And that prompted migration north. Meanwhile, American factories saw desperate Mexicans willing to work for a pittance, a government unwilling to pass or enforce environmental laws, and because of NAFTA, no tariffs when the goods were shipped back to the United States. That propelled factory migration south.

Before NAFTA, the United States had a small trade surplus with Mexico. That disappeared within a year, and now the annual trade deficit is approximately $50 billion.

GIANT SUCKING SOUND..........Yoda was right.

As I've said .........we've been here before........and the battle ended up having foreign auto makers build plants here...........

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/1987/01/1987a_bpea_crandall.pdf

Another indirect effect of the automobile restraints may prove to be their most lasting benefit. As a result of the restraints, several Japanese companies accelerated plans to build assembly plants in the United States by two to four years. Table 9 lists three plants that are now operating and four that are either under construction or in the planning stages. Of these, only the Honda plant was under development before the restraints were negotiated in 1981. Still, it seems unlikely thataccelerating the start-up of these plants-amassing a total capacity of 1.29 million cars-could be worth more than a fraction of the $10-$15 billion welfare loss absorbed by U.S. consumers in 1982-85

Hillary would have signed TPP which would have cost us more...........

And she wouldn't have went toe to toe with trade abuses against our country as Trump has done.

Which is exactly why they lost traditional states in the election.............The Trade Unions turned Red for Trump...........and the rest is history.......

She lost there because she didn’t campaign there.

The largest trade union, NAM; has this on their website:

View attachment 200506

While they do recognize some disparities in NAFTA, they support the multi-national agreement. As we will see in the not-too-distant future, needlessly picking fights with our allies is stupid.

nam.org
So she lost the states because she thought they were in the bag............political blunder and not Russia Russia Russia......

I remember the Unions jumping ship and arguing over the TPP..........some ready to endorse Trump over it.........

She wasn't watching now was she........

In regards to our Trade Disputes.......we can both show opposing opinions on it all day long.

Nail manufacturing exec who voted for Trump blames him for layoffs, asks Democrat for help

Forum List

Back