True conservatism (here's a hint, most of you are dead wrong)

How limited your knowledge of real history is compared to the interpretation you have come up with.

I'm afraid you are misunderstanding the fallacy. The no-true-Scotsman fallacy applies when superficial characteristics are used to override defining core characteristics. I am not doing that, I am doing the opposite. I am affirming defining core characteristics and rejecting superficial qualities.

"A true conservative supports the overbearing government arbitrarily telling you who you can marry and how to have sex," is a no-true-Scotsman fallacy as it replaces a core defining trait (small government) with a superficial trait (opposition to gay marriage).
It doesn't take big government to tell you men can't marry each other. That's historical tradition and common sense.
The history of our country is what matters and man marrrying a man is not in the Constitution. That's our American tradition.

A conservative used to be the smartest person in the room. Today, the Fox News watching, Breitbart/Washington Times/Daily Caller reading retards calling themselves conservatives are more likely to be the most credulous and idiotic person in the room.

Nu-uh! Fox News said you're wrong!

Seriously, it's truly sad what things have come to. Sometimes I wonder if Fox News and all the talking heads weren't planted in a crafty scheme by liberals years ago. We all know the media is run by liberals, right?
Conservatives are still wise. It's just that prevented ideas pushed by whacko liberals managed to get a voice by politicians whoring themselves for your vote. Dumbing down our children over time brought this about. Your ideas were kooky 100 years ago and they still are. Murdering a baby is okay? Who would have thought that would be accepted? Men marrying men? Idiotic and laughable.

6543-adam-sandler-knee-slap.gif

You are the one that is laughable!

How limited your knowledge of real history is compared to the interpretation you have come up with.

I'm afraid you are misunderstanding the fallacy. The no-true-Scotsman fallacy applies when superficial characteristics are used to override defining core characteristics. I am not doing that, I am doing the opposite. I am affirming defining core characteristics and rejecting superficial qualities.

"A true conservative supports the overbearing government arbitrarily telling you who you can marry and how to have sex," is a no-true-Scotsman fallacy as it replaces a core defining trait (small government) with a superficial trait (opposition to gay marriage).
It doesn't take big government to tell you men can't marry each other. That's historical tradition and common sense.
The history of our country is what matters and man marrrying a man is not in the Constitution. That's our American tradition.

Being for murdering babies and opposing God's law is conservative? I don't think so.

Being for government making that choice for people is conservative? I don't think so.

Here's the 411, government is a terrible decision maker. What if you get off your duff and convince people to be moral instead of having the most immoral among us to use force to do it for you? Just a thought.

You defined a libertarian, not a conservative. Nice try though.

Wow, from a liberal. Nicely done. Very few liberals can comprehend we are not Republicans, and most of the rest think we are anarchists.

Normal people don't care what you think.

There you go again!! Damn! Stop it your making my side hurt with laughter.

2GuysToo.gif

2GuysToo.gif

I would think all that laughter might get you put away.

It is you that should worry about someone with the long sleeve jackets, your posts are quite scandalous.

2GuysToo.gif

I would think all that laughter might get you put away.

Wow, from a liberal. Nicely done. Very few liberals can comprehend we are not Republicans, and most of the rest think we are anarchists.

Little lady, I am one of the few true conservatives on this forum.

A true conservative advocates for minimal government interference in people's lives.
Federal government.
State government.
Local government.

A true conservative opposes too much power of the government over the people.
Federal government.
State government.
Local government.

A true conservative supports the rights of law abiding citizens to make their own choices.
The right to bear arms.
The right to marry a person of the same gender.
The right to have an early term abortion.
The right to buy or not buy health insurance.

A true conservative opposes overly concentrated power and its resulting tyranny.
Government power.
Corporate power.

Most of you who call yourselves conservatives are far from it.

well, we're happy to have judge all conservatives
No can you do one on Liberals?
:muahaha:

Being for murdering babies and opposing God's law is conservative? I don't think so.

Being for government making that choice for people is conservative? I don't think so.

Here's the 411, government is a terrible decision maker. What if you get off your duff and convince people to be moral instead of having the most immoral among us to use force to do it for you? Just a thought.

Absolutely true, government has no business in anyone's private decisions. And despite that being absolute truth, there is still no potential for a right to take the life of an innocent human being and that the taking of human life fails justice and the only viable purpose of government is the service of justice.

It's just that prevented ideas pushed by whacko liberals managed to get a voice by politicians whoring themselves for your vote.

This jiberish is what you call wisdom?

Well, now you're the one that deigns to define 'true conservatism'. So as the resident expert, explain to the board the origins of the rights which the conservative seeks to conserve.

Forum List

Back