Trees 'R Us...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
I was just sitting around thinking of a way to make a few bucks and I got the greatest idea I've had in a long time. Well, you know, it's somewhat original and I'm sure nobody has ever done it. You can pay to have a star named after somebody so... here's my new business plan.

Here on the farm we have quite a bit of wooded unfarmed land. I think I can put that land to use. For the small sum of only $20.00 I will name a tree after you. You will get a beautiful computer printed picture of the tree that was named after you (suitable for framing) and the satisfaction of knowing that birds, squirrels, coons, posums and now and then a few deer hunters all climb your tree on a somewhat regular basis.

What do you think? Is it a go???? I figure all the tree huggers will jump at the chance to have a tree named after them. You have to admit, it's original.

Who wants to be first in line?

Check with rdean and Chris. They may be just stupid, eerr, ecologically fervent enough to go for it. Oh and charge them $500 each, tell them it's a bargain.

Check with rdean and Chris. They may be just stupid, eerr, ecologically fervent enough to go for it. Oh and charge them $500 each, tell them it's a bargain.

Think they will bite on it? It doesn't have anything to do with climate change.:lol:

Think they will bite on it? It doesn't have anything to do with climate change.:lol:

It's all in how you pitch it. Oh and Contessa Sharra, you could probably fleece, eerr, get her to donate triple those amounts.

I was just sitting around thinking of a way to make a few bucks and I got the greatest idea I've had in a long time. Well, you know, it's somewhat original and I'm sure nobody has ever done it. You can pay to have a star named after somebody so... here's my new business plan.

Here on the farm we have quite a bit of wooded unfarmed land. I think I can put that land to use. For the small sum of only $20.00 I will name a tree after you. You will get a beautiful computer printed picture of the tree that was named after you (suitable for framing) and the satisfaction of knowing that birds, squirrels, coons, posums and now and then a few deer hunters all climb your tree on a somewhat regular basis.

What do you think? Is it a go???? I figure all the tree huggers will jump at the chance to have a tree named after them. You have to admit, it's original.

Why don't you just let a logging company come in and log it? You'll make a mint.

Hmm. You could always take pictures of each of the trees, post them online and then set up a donation page. Let folks know that if they donate x amount of money that you WON'T turn that darling tree into firewood. Tell folk that in addition to saving an innocent tree, that they can get carbon credits for the fact that the tree is still sucking CO2 from the environment.

Why don't you just let a logging company come in and log it? You'll make a mint.

We did log a small portion of it last December. Harvested some trees that needed to come down so the younger trees could grow better. Did very, very well financially by having it logged.

Forum List

Back