To charge or to treat? How de we deal mental illnesses?

Samuel Nixon

May 20, 2015

Did you know that 22% of adult people in the USA suffer from different mental disorder. It actually makes each one in five Americans.
In the time of crisis these people cannot control what they are doing and often can cause harm to other people or to themselves.
Unfortunately the PD doesn't train officers how to act with such people. So a lot of them get shot or placed in jail.
There are more than 300,000 inmates in American prisons that are diagnosed with mental illness. Meanwhile, there are only around 30,000 mentally ill patients in psychiatric facilities throughout the country.
Trail 'em, Nail 'em, Jail 'em: How We Treat Mental Illness
So I wonder why people who accept to men dressed like women kissing cannot do anything about those who really need their help?!

Liberals bitched about how cruel it was to keep the mentally ill in hospitals. Now...our crazies are roaming amongst us.

Charge them AND treat them. In that order. Mental illness is not an excuse.

Liberals bitched about how cruel it was to keep the mentally ill in hospitals. Now...our crazies are roaming amongst us.

Charge them AND treat them. In that order. Mental illness is not an excuse.
Right... The ONLY way treatment can be mandated is upon conviction.

Ronnie RayGun destroyed our mental health system and now RW nutters want every thug, criminal, known terrorist, illegal AND the mentally ill to have free and easy access to any gun they want.

"Mental illness is not an excuse."

That might well be the most ignorant statement I've read here. It implies that the mentally ill have a choice. Sorta like RWs attitude about the poor. Their answer is that one should just stop being poor, stop being mentally ill.

Some mental illness is "fixable" but that statement shows 'ya can't fix stupid'.

To charge or to treat? How de we deal mental illnesses?

my first thought is to deport all libertards, but who would take them, ISIS maybe?

confine them like the demorats did with the Japs during WWII? and give them hourly injections of "Truth Serum"?

ignoring them only intensifies this problem of their stupidity.

If they are not dangerous, leave them alone. If they are dangerous, lock them up. If they commit violent crimes, disappear them.

Easy.

now RW nutters want every thug, criminal, known terrorist, illegal AND the mentally ill to have free and easy access to any gun they want.

Complete nonsense.

"Mental illness is not an excuse."
That might well be the most ignorant statement I've read here. It implies that the mentally ill have a choice.

I don't care if they have a choice. I only care about their effect on society.

Some mental illness is "fixable"

And your excuse is?

If they are not dangerous, leave them alone. If they are dangerous, lock them up. If they commit violent crimes, disappear them.

Easy.
It's hard to say whether a person can be dangerous in crisis or not.
If to lock all of the suffering that would be around 64 million people. That is more than the whole UK.
The mentally "different" people just need a special treatment, not a jail.
On some reason you don't jail trannies

Forum List

Back