Votes: 11 21.2%
  • I used to be

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • I never have

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
What about acupuncture? You said everything, but I'm just wondering.

I don't know how my sister finally quit. She started at 13. Wanna hear a funny?

Okay, my mom was in a coma for seven weeks. - right. That's not the funny bit.

So a couple of years later she says to my sister "If I can quit, anybody can."

Sister sort of exploded. "MOM. You were in a COMA. I would LOVE to be in a coma for seven weeks so I could quit smoking TOO."

Yup...like i said, i think the only thing i haven't tried is hypnosis, and i don't like that idea at all. I still have some of those little inhalers they came out with a few yrs ago, they do help and i try to use them as much as possible. But that's still "inhaling" nicotine so it doesn't get rid of that addiction!!!

I think i understand your sister....sometimes i think that would be the only way to quit too....PUT ME TO SLEEP FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS!

My problem is i love it and hate it at the same time....i enjoy smoking (most of the time), but hate that it has such a strong hold on me.

If you believe that would work, then, yes, it would. But, I've read that the physical addiction is gone from your body in three to five days. Buproprion (Zyban) worked for me but what I see in myself now is that although I don't miss the drug, I still do very occasionally miss the act of smoking.

There have been a couple of occasions when I have smoked and it tasted awful.

And, gawd, how smoking stinks. I have to defend smokers that they have no idea how bad they stink. No smoker knows until after they don't smoke anymore.

I do agree on how it stinks! It doesn't even bother me to not smoke in the house any more because on a few occasions when i have, it even stunk to me! And it's really bad on your clothes....

Sitting next to someone who just smoked a cigarette is just a tad more unpleasant than sitting next to someone who just shit themselves.

I'm just sayin...

My problem is that the non-menthol smell actually makes me physically ill, blinding headache combined with nausea. All I ever smoked was menthol, and I don't get the symptoms from menthol. Of course, I don't know the last time I was around a menthol smoker (being a bit of a hermit who, when out and about, doesn't go to bars).

Do they even allow smoking in bars anymore? Anywhere?

I don't smoke and I never will because I have seen up close and personal what it does to a person, may my cousin Sue rest in peace.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Two years ago, I switched from cigarettes to electronic cigarettes. I am no longer a smoker. I am a vaper. And DAAAAAAAAMMMMMN! Is it good!

Sitting next to someone who just smoked a cigarette is just a tad more unpleasant than sitting next to someone who just shit themselves.

I'm just sayin...

Sitting next to my two years old just after she lets it go....says I disagree.

mostly because I have to clean it up now lol

Tobacco taxes fund SCHIP
Snip from the link,
The State Children's Health Insurance Program, or SCHIP, was established by the federal government ten years ago to provide health insurance to children in families at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty line.
Single Largest Cigarette Tax Hike Goes Into Effect Wednesday | Fox News
Snip from the link,
Tobacco taxes are soaring to finance a major expansion of health insurance for children. President Obama signed that health initiative soon after taking office.

Other tobacco products, from cigars to pipes and smokeless, will see similarly large tax increases, too. For example, the tax on chewing tobacco will go up from 19.5 cents per pound to 50 cents. The total expected to be raised over the 4 1/2 year-long health insurance expansion is nearly $33 billion.

So, the way I see it, all you folks that don't smoke obviously are failing to pay your "fair share" to cover the health needs of poor children.
Why do you hate children born into a poor family? (Yes, I am somewhat being facetious)

Two years ago, I switched from cigarettes to electronic cigarettes. I am no longer a smoker. I am a vaper. And DAAAAAAAAMMMMMN! Is it good!

I have to go back to using the e-cig....it really did help to stay away from cigs! I figure, if i'm addicted to that it's not as bad as cigaraettes. There a guy at work that has COPD and other problems, had to quit smoking, but he's addicted to the nicorette gum. Hey, it's better than the smoke! I like the gum too, and it helps a lot, but i have dentures and it DOESN'T agree with them! Lol!

I smoke... Pall Mall is the brand. At times I will buy Tops tobacco and roll my own...

Texas has banned tobacco use on the grounds of state colleges and universities. You should see the rush of students, teachers and staff running off campus to get a fix.

I have to go back to using the e-cig....it really did help to stay away from cigs! I figure, if i'm addicted to that it's not as bad as cigaraettes. There a guy at work that has COPD and other problems, had to quit smoking, but he's addicted to the nicorette gum. Hey, it's better than the smoke! I like the gum too, and it helps a lot, but i have dentures and it DOESN'T agree with them! Lol!

I wont post the website here but do a google search for Provari. Its the cadillac of electronic cigarettes. Pair that with a dual coil atomizer and a tank and youll be vaping clouds bigger better and tastier than any cigarette ever provided you.

And you wont have all the negative effects.

Imagine...need a nic fix? No need to go outside. In the snow, in the rain, in the blazing sun. No need at all. Have a puff right where youre standing. Resturants, bars, at work, in your home.

No lingering nasty smell at all.

My father in law has an amazing sense of smell. the slightest bad smell and he's disgusted by it. he came over one day and started sniffing and said," What is that? It smells so nice."

It was my e cig. I was vaping a french vanilla coffee blend. Yum!

And if you need a little help figuring it all out to get off those nasty disgusting cigarettes and switching once and for all to e cigs, send me a PM and Ill send you to a forum for the best advice on how to get started, what you need, what youll be spending and where to get it all.

Cheers!

I don't smoke. I find smoking cigarettes to be a disgusting, health destroying habit, but I fully support the right of others to smoke. It's your life. If you want to destroy your cardiovascular health, ruin your teeth, and smell like a fresh squeezed pile of excrement ....go for it!! :thup:

I don't smoke. I find smoking cigarettes to be a disgusting, health destroying habit, but I fully support the right of others to smoke. It's your life. If you want to destroy your cardiovascular health, ruin your teeth, and smell like a fresh squeezed pile of excrement ....go for it!! :thup:

How to make friends and influence people.......... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back